Flexi membership | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Flexi membership

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
jimsing":1cfm2f2e said:
You won't be going to Home Park next season then? Duh.

The Club will benefit from your 1886 membership, but you will have to pay more for going to the game each time.

I'm sure the Club will be pleased with that.

The club want our money up front. The saving that a flexi provides is negligible (or will actually be more expensive if I were to buy six tickets in the Mayflower). If Iā€™m going to have to buy an 1886 as well to get priority for the end of season games, then is there much point in buying a flexi in the first place?

May 8, 2011
The thing that some people seem to be misunderstanding is that the Flexi ticket is not a membership.

What the Club appears to have done is discontinued the White Membership and replaced it with two things, the 1886 membership and the Flexi ticket, each one gives you some of the benefits of the White Membership but not all of them.

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
HC Green":166cd2g6 said:
The thing that some people seem to be misunderstanding is that the Flexi ticket is not a membership.

What the Club appears to have done is discontinued the White Membership and replaced it with two things, the 1886 membership and the Flexi ticket, each one gives you some of the benefits of the White Membership but not all of them.
Yes youā€™re right and I understand that now. Iā€™m disappointed though as, despite paying Ā£125 up front at the beginning of the season:

ā€¢ I have never been classed as having an Argyle membership

ā€¢ When my vouchers run out, I have a less priority over someone who paid Ā£35 and no priority over somebody who hasnā€™t been all season.

I will be contacting the club to make my feelings known.

May 16, 2016
damon.green":3n7l78uv said:
HC Green":3n7l78uv said:

Yes youā€™re right and I understand that now. Iā€™m disappointed though as, despite paying Ā£125 up front at the beginning of the season:

ā€¢ When my vouchers run out, I have a less priority over someone who paid Ā£35 and no priority over somebody who hasnā€™t been all season.

If you get a Block of discounted Tickets and knew since the release of the Fixture Dates when we were originally scheduled to Play Exeter, why not save one for this specific game if it's such an important one for you ? You'd then be happy in the knowledge you've got a Weeks Head start over everybody else. Your priority was in the use of the Vouchers you bought.

Other than the change of Date, this Game hasn't exactly snuck up on us. As the Table stands today, it's the importance of it that's got people flapping.

May 8, 2011
damon.green":3tm5qvkc said:
HC Green":3tm5qvkc said:

So did you only plan to come to 7 games this season, if not couldnā€™t you have bought 2 or more sets of tickets?

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
Guiri Green":22ktqoiq said:
damon.green":22ktqoiq said:
HC Green":22ktqoiq said:

If you get a Block of discounted Tickets and knew since the release of the Fixture Dates when we were originally scheduled to Play Exeter, why not save one for this specific game if it's such an important one for you ? You'd then be happy in the knowledge you've got a Weeks Head start over everybody else. Your priority was in the use of the Vouchers you bought.

Other than the change of Date, this Game hasn't exactly snuck up on us. As the Table stands today, it's the importance of it that's got people flapping.
Not all of us flexi members (or should I say ticket holders) realised we only had priority on our match vouchers and had to ā€˜saveā€™ them for the big games.

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
HC Green":qru3deea said:
damon.green":qru3deea said:
HC Green":qru3deea said:

So did you only plan to come to 7 games this season, if not couldnā€™t you have bought 2 or more sets of tickets?
I try to go to a game per month on average. The flexi 8 last season was better. This season the club only gave us the 6 option. My intention was to use the 6 then buy any extra matches ad hoc - probably 1 or 2 games. I strongly feel we should have priority before general sale a didnā€™t realise until yesterday that we donā€™t.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
TBH - I think this is simply a case of it not being quite thought thru' fully.

Having a Flexi ticket did give priority for the Cup games against Liverpool a few years back and did for popular away games this year (Swindon for example) which you have to pay for separately. So it certainly implies it's nothing to do with actually using your 'voucher' as such and that it's being a Flexi member that bestows the priority in the same way as for the (much cheaper) 1886 membership. But for home games I think it's just the software is set-up to use your flexi voucher during the priority period - and if you've already used them up then the button to buy 'normal' tickets is absent. I'd bet it wasn't by design - just the way it's been implemented.

The whole point for me buying the Flexi is the priority just in case it's needed - otherwise why bother? - why not just buy tickets as-and-when you need them and keep the money in your pocket because it isn't any cheaper? You could hold one back 'til the end of the season I suppose but even then there could be a number of big games close together in a season like this ......you may have been a Flexi member & gone to a dozen or more home games plus some aways but will have no more priority for a play-off semi or final than someone who hasn't been to an Argyle game for years and just wonders what all the fuss is about.

Ave_IT":3afdl8sx said:
TBH - I think this is simply a case of it not being quite thought thru' fully.

Having a Flexi ticket did give priority for the Cup games against Liverpool a few years back and did for popular away games this year (Swindon for example) which you have to pay for separately. So it certainly implies it's nothing to do with actually using your 'voucher' as such and that it's being a Flexi member that bestows the priority in the same way as for the (much cheaper) 1886 membership. But for home games I think it's just the software is set-up to use your flexi voucher during the priority period - and if you've already used them up then the button to buy 'normal' tickets is absent. I'd bet it wasn't by design - just the way it's been implemented.

The whole point for me buying the Flexi is the priority just in case it's needed - otherwise why bother? - why not just buy tickets as-and-when you need them and keep the money in your pocket because it isn't any cheaper? You could hold one back 'til the end of the season I suppose but even then there could be a number of big games close together in a season like this ......you may have been a Flexi member & gone to a dozen or more home games plus some aways but will have no more priority for a play-off semi or final than someone who hasn't been to an Argyle game for years and just wonders what all the fuss is about.

Yep good point. Especially as the new Mayflower seats are cheaper. I'll probably get a 1886 membership next season and forget about the flexi6.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
damon.green":2nzxn7u7 said:
HC Green":2nzxn7u7 said:

Quite agree ā€“ this is exactly the situation Iā€™m in. I thought I was buying a membership, but apparently not.

Itā€™s all very well saying ā€œRead the T&Csā€ but they were somewhat ambiguous. Interestingly the wording on the PAFC Flexi ticket webpage which suggested in one place that the ticketing priority lasted all season ā€“ I screenshotted this on p1 of this thread ā€“ has now been changed. I guess this was Argo correcting a copy-and-paste error from previous seasons, but it all smacks of being a bit poorly executed.

Genuine question: what exactly is an 1886 membership? How much does it cost and what advantages does it confer? I assume itā€™s a membership which for Ā£35pa gives you season-long priority behind season-ticket holders, but no ticket vouchers? Iā€™ve looked on the PAFC website and I canā€™t find it anywhere ā€“ anyone help? Whatever it is, it doesnā€™t seem easy to buy one ā€“ maybe they were start of season only?

For me (and others, I would guess) this would appear to be a better option than a Flexi ticket.

Edit: found it, here: https://www.pafc.co.uk/tickets/membership/

Mar 4, 2004
FourMarksGreen":3322wlcf said:
damon.green":3322wlcf said:
HC Green":3322wlcf said:

Quite agree ā€“ this is exactly the situation Iā€™m in. I thought I was buying a membership, but apparently not.

Itā€™s all very well saying ā€œRead the T&Csā€ but they were somewhat ambiguous. Interestingly the wording on the PAFC Flexi ticket webpage which suggested in one place that the ticketing priority lasted all season ā€“ I screenshotted this on p1 of this thread ā€“ has now been changed. I guess this was Argo correcting a copy-and-paste error from previous seasons, but it all smacks of being a bit poorly executed.

Genuine question: what exactly is an 1886 membership? How much does it cost and what advantages does it confer? I assume itā€™s a membership which for Ā£35pa gives you season-long priority behind season-ticket holders, but no ticket vouchers? Iā€™ve looked on the PAFC website and I canā€™t find it anywhere ā€“ anyone help? Whatever it is, it doesnā€™t seem easy to buy one ā€“ maybe they were start of season only?

For me (and others, I would guess) this would appear to be a better option than a Flexi ticket.

Edit: found it, here: https://www.pafc.co.uk/tickets/membership/

Foolishly I did not realise this change and assumed it was the same thing. I have had a White Membership since they started and not used all my tickets some years but didn't mind giving money to the club thinking I was a member of some sort. Seems a daft change so I'll be reconsidering it when the time comes to renew.

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
HC Green":1pxtofpo said:
Rowan":1pxtofpo said:
Tried to get a ticket for the Exeter game today but because I've used all 6 of my allowance was told I couldn't have one and had to wait for general sale. The flexi ticket promised priority ticketing allocation as part of its sales pitch and people have stumped money up front for them only to find that to be a lie.
Once again Argyle your pooping on the regular supporters. I can't physically get to all the home games but bought the flexi ticket as the next best option. Working away I cant guarantee to be able to get in touch with the box office next week, so will probably miss out to the once a season brigade because Argyle won't reciprocate the loyalty I've shown.
Result one very angry and disillusioned fan.

What Argyle promised was priority for the 6 home league matches that the flexi scheme lets you buy tickets for not the other 17.
Perhaps you should have taken out a 1886 membership as well.
My 1886 membership has sorted out my additional Exeter ticket :cool:

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
The fact that this thread has run to four pages, along with the club correcting the wording on the Flexi ticket webpage just a few days ago, suggests that at best there is confusion around Flexi tickets, memberships etc.

I'm hoping for better clarity next season.

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
Guiri Green":ce8kncj6 said:
damon.green":ce8kncj6 said:
Guiri Green":ce8kncj6 said:
Surely the Flexi arguments are only valid when and IF you can't get a Ticket ?
The argument is about the benefit of having a flexi membership. I was a season ticket holder for a few years but now work too many weekends to justify buying one. The only season I didn't buy a white/flexi membership, we drew Liverpool in the cup. Although I wouldn't expect a Liverpool-esque rush for tickets when they go on general sale, I would like the peace of mind that I can get my ticket and choose my seat before those that turn up once a season for the big games. Not much to ask for my loyalty and money up front, surely?

I've paid for every home game up front but I'm not entitled to any extra privilege before general sale should I want to buy extra tickets.

So you'll be at the back of the queue if we have to buy play off tickets? That seems even more unfair than the Flexi ticket holders not getting any sort of priority

May 16, 2016
dani_B":3m7vlex3 said:
Guiri Green":3m7vlex3 said:
damon.green":3m7vlex3 said:
Guiri Green":3m7vlex3 said:
Surely the Flexi arguments are only valid when and IF you can't get a Ticket ?
The argument is about the benefit of having a flexi membership. I was a season ticket holder for a few years but now work too many weekends to justify buying one. The only season I didn't buy a white/flexi membership, we drew Liverpool in the cup. Although I wouldn't expect a Liverpool-esque rush for tickets when they go on general sale, I would like the peace of mind that I can get my ticket and choose my seat before those that turn up once a season for the big games. Not much to ask for my loyalty and money up front, surely?

I've paid for every home game up front but I'm not entitled to any extra privilege before general sale should I want to buy extra tickets.

So you'll be at the back of the queue if we have to buy play off tickets? That seems even more unfair than the Flexi ticket holders not getting any sort of priority

ST will get 1st Priority for whatever Non Regular Games come up, but depending on the Club, it might only be for 1 Ticket per ST. It's any extra Tickets that you get no priority for. We'll know the Play Off priorities if and when we need them.