Flexi membership | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Flexi membership

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
FourMarksGreen":6t1gsbzf said:
The fact that this thread has run to four pages, along with the club correcting the wording on the Flexi ticket webpage just a few days ago, suggests that at best there is confusion around Flexi tickets, memberships etc.

I'm hoping for better clarity next season.
True – but as I said previously I think it is a case of oversight & implementation of the eTickets (rather than the old-fashioned white ticket where you got physical vouchers) rather than any conscious policy change by the club. So I’m happy to cut them some slack but I would certainly hope they’ll try to correct it next year and/or extend it to (say) an 8 or 10 game Flexi ……. otherwise I won’t bother with it & frankly don’t understand why anybody would.

Mar 7, 2008
My son has a full season ticket ...child
I have a white membership....adult....with 1 game left on it
Have left a game on it so i retain all benefits and will keep it for Port Vale

When my son cant go I upgrade his season ticket to an adult and you pay the difference. E.g. adult 19. Child 4 quid a game. I pay 19.

He cant go to the Exeter game so I go up the club yesterday to pay amd upgrade it anf they tell me i cant until next monday????

So i ask why as i could buy a ticket as a flexi member. They agree with that but say ......ITS INCASE YOU GIVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE !

My reply.....if i buy it next Monday I could give it to someone else ! The club sometime baffles me ! They justbpenalise those who go all the time.

I know its not the staff in the kiosk who are to blame but i cannot see the logic.

Anyway rant over....thanks for reading / listening

Only posted as went up there happy and came away thinking pathetic.....

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
pafc1981":1yfj52n2 said:
My son has a full season ticket ...child
I have a white membership....adult....with 1 game left on it
Have left a game on it so i retain all benefits and will keep it for Port Vale

When my son cant go I upgrade his season ticket to an adult and you pay the difference. E.g. adult 19. Child 4 quid a game. I pay 19.

He cant go to the Exeter game so I go up the club yesterday to pay amd upgrade it anf they tell me i cant until next monday????

So i ask why as i could buy a ticket as a flexi member. They agree with that but say ......ITS INCASE YOU GIVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE !

My reply.....if i buy it next Monday I could give it to someone else ! The club sometime baffles me ! They justbpenalise those who go all the time.

I know its not the staff in the kiosk who are to blame but i cannot see the logic.

Anyway rant over....thanks for reading / listening

Only posted as went up there happy and came away thinking pathetic.....

Do Argyle no longer print purchaser’s name on their tickets? I’m pretty sure my name has been on tickets I have bought at HP in the past.

Brighton play Palace this weekend. Away tickets contain your name and ticket will only be valid if you have a Palace membership card or photo ID in that name and therefore practically impossible to pass on tickets.

Mar 7, 2008
The ink is too expensive !

No the only place your name will be on will be the receipt ticket if you have used a bank card.

I just cannot see the logic in saying i could give the ticket away as anyone can do that at anytime!

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Ave_IT":4fd2prtz said:
FourMarksGreen":4fd2prtz said:
The fact that this thread has run to four pages, along with the club correcting the wording on the Flexi ticket webpage just a few days ago, suggests that at best there is confusion around Flexi tickets, memberships etc.

I'm hoping for better clarity next season.
True – but as I said previously I think it is a case of oversight & implementation of the eTickets (rather than the old-fashioned white ticket where you got physical vouchers) rather than any conscious policy change by the club. So I’m happy to cut them some slack but I would certainly hope they’ll try to correct it next year and/or extend it to (say) an 8 or 10 game Flexi ……. otherwise I won’t bother with it & frankly don’t understand why anybody would.
Know what you mean about cutting the club some slack Mr_IT, but not entirely sure you’re 100% correct in this case.

The White Membership was designed to provide season-long membership which included 6 (or 8?) vouchers in the price, along with season-long priority-2 ticket purchasing irrespective of how many vouchers you had cashed. This was intentional I believe, and I don’t think had anything to do with vouchers being paper or otherwise.

The Flexi-ticket includes 6 tickets and offers priority-2 ticket access for a similar £125, but now the priority lapses once the vouchers are used up. This intentionally changes a key benefit, but imho it has not been communicated well. For example the ambiguous wording on the website which was only changed a few days ago once this thread started – presumably, once it had been read by Argyle.

The reason this has bubbled up now is that people are only now using up their 6 ticket vouchers, and being surprised that their priority ticket access has ceased. Like me. So those, often long-time, supporters who have supported the club by stumping up £125 pre-season and attended at least 6 matches, probably more, risk being trumped for in-demand games in the promotion run-in by Joe Bloggs who has never been to a match before, bought a £35 1886 Membership that same day and jumped the queue for tickets.

OK with an 18K capacity there may be room for all – but the poor communication makes the fairness of this position difficult for Argyle to defend in my view. It all smacks of not properly being thought through. Fully accept cock-up rather than conspiracy though.

This is the sort of professionalism and attention-to-detail which hopefully Andrew Parkinson will improve upon next season in League One. So avoiding 4-page threads like this on PASOTI.