Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused) | Page 27 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused)

May 8, 2011
Willis88":1g41abf1 said:
There is a weird loop hole that the club could use the entertaining facilities to screen a match on match day, as long as you can't see the pitch through the windows.

I'm amazed no-ones taken that up yet.

Wealdstone FC are

On Saturday we kick off our National League campaign as we host Chesterfield at The Vale. Unfortunately this match will be played behind closed doors due to Covid-19 restrictions however live streaming is available to purchase via our website https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/live-stream

We are also delighted to announce that Wealdstone Supporters Club are hosting a live screening of the game at Ruislip Social Club (@TheVale_SC) Numbers will be limited due to social distancing and tickets are available to purchase online priced at £10 (reduced to £5 for season ticket holders) which includes a free beer, cider, wine or soft drink.

All windows and viewing access to the pitch will be closed off and stewarding will be in place to ensure no access to the ground. We ask everyone attending wear a face mask on arrival and when leaving their table at any point during the afternoon. Social distancing must be adhered to and table service will apply for drinks.

Mar 18, 2020
Carson City
Willis88":36zstff4 said:
There is a weird loop hole that the club could use the entertaining facilities to screen a match on match day, as long as you can't see the pitch through the windows.

Its not a weird loop hole, its a contradiction in the government regulations. Allowing people to gather, socially distanced INSIDE a licensed premises, but not OUTSIDE to watch a football match. Every source i can find says that the latter is the safest scenario when i comes to this virus.

Mar 18, 2020
Carson City
Garland_Greene":3r1lud0d said:
Willis88":3r1lud0d said:

Its not a weird loop hole, its a contradiction in the government regulations. Allowing people to gather, socially distanced INSIDE a licensed premises, but not OUTSIDE to watch a football match. Every source i can find says that the latter is the safest scenario when i comes to this virus.

Also, I think you weren't able to watch a match from inside the hospitality through the windows before the pandemic. The blinds were always closed at kick off.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
If you want to watch some decent live football watch the local teams I have watched all PParkway games (all been sold out so you need to be quick) last Tuesday I went down to see Truro v Taunton all good competitive games and Covid secure.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Garland_Greene":1xk969yq said:
Garland_Greene":1xk969yq said:
Willis88":1xk969yq said:

Also, I think you weren't able to watch a match from inside the hospitality through the windows before the pandemic. The blinds were always closed at kick off.
If your drinking alcohol you are not allowed to watch the game from hospitality.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
HC Green":2m3kn287 said:
cheshiregreen":2m3kn287 said:
Wonder what the position will be come FA Cup 1st Round day in early November?

Currently, I think, fans are allowed at games below Tier 6. Will that approach continue against a League side in the first round?

Assume I follow won't be an option as the competition is run by FA, so there is also an issue about how fans can watch the early rounds of the Cup.

The current rule on fans for the FA Cup this Saturday which includes sides from the National Leagues North and South who are regarded as ‘Elite’ as are the National League, EFL and Premier League is:

Elite v Elite - no fans
Elite v Non Elite - no fans
Non Elite v Elite - home fans only
Non Elite v Non Elite - home and away fans.

Clubs are allowed to live screen the matches.

So a gathering of 'Elite' fans is dangerous? :twisted:
A gathering of 'Non Elite' fans is allowed? :crazy:

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody":2ag0rgw3 said:
HC Green":2ag0rgw3 said:
cheshiregreen":2ag0rgw3 said:
Wonder what the position will be come FA Cup 1st Round day in early November?

Currently, I think, fans are allowed at games below Tier 6. Will that approach continue against a League side in the first round?

Assume I follow won't be an option as the competition is run by FA, so there is also an issue about how fans can watch the early rounds of the Cup.

The current rule on fans for the FA Cup this Saturday which includes sides from the National Leagues North and South who are regarded as ‘Elite’ as are the National League, EFL and Premier League is:

Elite v Elite - no fans
Elite v Non Elite - no fans
Non Elite v Elite - home fans only
Non Elite v Non Elite - home and away fans.

Clubs are allowed to live screen the matches.

So a gathering of 'Elite' fans is dangerous? :twisted:
A gathering of 'Non Elite' fans is allowed? :crazy:
The assumption being that elite clubs have far more supporters than non elite.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ponty":3dgfd08m said:
Garland_Greene":3dgfd08m said:
Garland_Greene":3dgfd08m said:
Willis88":3dgfd08m said:

If your drinking alcohol you are not allowed to watch the game from hospitality.
I might take a couple of cans down to KGV this afternoon for the first team match against Saltash United (Duchy league Premier Division) :lol: