Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused) | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused)

Sep 22, 2020
and another thing while i'm on my soap box......how can clubs, safety officials police etc expect fans to comply with any new sd rules when a very small minority of certain fans at argyle were quite happy last season to act the hard man and stand in seating areas when specifically asked not to by the club when safety officers were specifically at games?

Aug 14, 2014
Thanks PL2 3DQ surprised the following article was not posted yesterday on this thread.

BBC Sport> Football> European :
Fans return to stadiums - how did it go?
By Constantin EcknerGerman football expert in Leipzig

Last updated on
20 September 202020 September 2020.From the section European Football leagues and cups europe.

Some 20% of fans returned to the RB Leipzig Stadium.

"noticed that the departure was less organised than the arrival. Every ticket holder had to arrive within a specific time window before the match to get to their seat, but it was up to the spectators to leave safely and in an orderly manner."

"Throughout the Bundesliga, fans were praised for how they adhered to the rules, knowing that this could be the beginning of a path back to normality."

Leaving the ground and maintaining social distancing is the obvious concern for the UK authorities!!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Devongreenowl":1ycibhgx said:
This weekend, Formula One will stage the biggest sporting spectator event of the Covid-19 era, with 30,000 fans expected for the Russian Grand Prix.

Its OK, they'll have all been vaccinated with the Russian vaccine. :whistle:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Argylegames":1cr5cjii said:
Devongreenowl":1cr5cjii said:
This weekend, Formula One will stage the biggest sporting spectator event of the Covid-19 era, with 30,000 fans expected for the Russian Grand Prix.

Spread over three days.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ponty":7mtrh2p7 said:
Argylegames":7mtrh2p7 said:
Devongreenowl":7mtrh2p7 said:

Spread over three days.

Not just Russians!! There will be hundreds of Laps over three days too!! :shock:
:coat:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
It appears you can still go to games below national league level? If so, it’s off to Cinderford Town for me for a experience of Southern League South One. I shall look out for the Barnstaple and Bideford games for a bit of Devon action. All assuming, of course, no repeat national lockdown...... which is a distinct possibility even as a ‘circuit breaker’

Jul 29, 2010
Forest of Dean Green":1c0aw5b3 said:
It appears you can still go to games below national league level? If so, it’s off to Cinderford Town for me for a experience of Southern League South One. I shall look out for the Barnstaple and Bideford games for a bit of Devon action. All assuming, of course, no repeat national lockdown...... which is a distinct possibility even as a ‘circuit breaker’
Please don't just rock up though. Check in advance because most step 3 are e-ticket in advance only with restricted capacity.

You'll probably also need to download a track and trace app like Evepass too.

Expect your temperature to be checked and any seating to be heavily taped off into segregated seats.

It isn't just 'carry on as normal' down there.

There are good games out there to be seen but as you say, the shelf life for fan attendance at even 'non elite level' is going to be short.

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":3vyd9wvo said:
Forest of Dean Green":3vyd9wvo said:
Please don't just rock up though. Check in advance because most step 3 are e-ticket in advance only with restricted capacity.

You'll probably also need to download a track and trace app like Evepass too.

Expect your temperature to be checked and any seating to be heavily taped off into segregated seats.

It isn't just 'carry on as normal' down there.

There are good games out there to be seen but as you say, the shelf life for fan attendance at even 'non elite level' is going to be short.

And spend 14 days iN quarantine after perhaps? :facepalm:

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
The German government has announced no crowds will be allowed back to sporting venues until the New Year (at the earliest) :think:

Jan 2, 2010
Argylegames":t244r28u said:
Devongreenowl":t244r28u said:

Yep, they've also already printed the papers saying there were no cases of covid anyway.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Wonder what the position will be come FA Cup 1st Round day in early November?

Currently, I think, fans are allowed at games below Tier 6. Will that approach continue against a League side in the first round?

Assume I follow won't be an option as the competition is run by FA, so there is also an issue about how fans can watch the early rounds of the Cup.

May 8, 2011
cheshiregreen":1xg2mrth said:

Currently, I think, fans are allowed at games below Tier 6. Will that approach continue against a League side in the first round?

Assume I follow won't be an option as the competition is run by FA, so there is also an issue about how fans can watch the early rounds of the Cup.

The current rule on fans for the FA Cup this Saturday which includes sides from the National Leagues North and South who are regarded as ‘Elite’ as are the National League, EFL and Premier League is:

Elite v Elite - no fans
Elite v Non Elite - no fans
Non Elite v Elite - home fans only
Non Elite v Non Elite - home and away fans.

Clubs are allowed to live screen the matches.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
HC Green":2j21lo1p said:
cheshiregreen":2j21lo1p said:

The current rule on fans for the FA Cup this Saturday which includes sides from the National Leagues North and South who are regarded as ‘Elite’ as are the National League, EFL and Premier League is:

Elite v Elite - no fans
Elite v Non Elite - no fans
Non Elite v Elite - home fans only
Non Elite v Non Elite - home and away fans.

Clubs are allowed to live screen the matches.

Thanks for the info.

Screen matches - do you mean at the ground itself for just a few fans No streaming available?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
There is a weird loop hole that the club could use the entertaining facilities to screen a match on match day, as long as you can't see the pitch through the windows.

I'm amazed no-ones taken that up yet.