For the Grant bashers | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

For the Grant bashers

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Patrick, the last time I saw you at HP you were literally foaming at the mouth. I assumed you were hurling abuse at Derek. Was I wrong ? It may have been the referee but you were 'foaming'.

May 8, 2011
up_the_line":ggzer3uc said:
1. Who bought him?
2. Who played him and chose the formation?
3. Who funds the squad?

The answer to all 3 questions is Plymouth Argyle Football Club.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
IJN":w6tzz6pu said:
Because you’re dim UTL, don’t expect us to be the same as you!

Ridiculously stupid post and many have seen straight through you.

Home Park is better off without you.
Good to see that you've changed your mind, IJN.
I said that I hoped that UTL wouldn't spoil our good run of form by turning up on New Year's Day.
Tugboat told me to leave him alone and you said that you agreed and that Patrick is an Argyle fan who "doesn't dig DA" and you'd like to see him back.

He only gets pleasure out of complaining.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":3exvpl6q said:
IJN":3exvpl6q said:
Because you’re dim UTL, don’t expect us to be the same as you!

Ridiculously stupid post and many have seen straight through you.

Home Park is better off without you.
Good to see that you've changed your mind, IJN.
I said that I hoped that UTL wouldn't spoil our good run of form by turning up on New Year's Day.
Tugboat told me to leave him alone and you said that you agreed and that Patrick is an Argyle fan who "doesn't dig DA" and you'd like to see him back.

He only gets pleasure out of complaining.

Well your complaiming now. How about just sticking to the football?

Oct 16, 2016
It’s only a defeat in the midst of a great run and results. Argyle have made their own luck during this run with some great form and, importantly, consistency. There have been some fortunate results during this run as there always are, luck and decisions have gone the way of argyle as luck does for other clubs too. Some fantastic football has been played by argyle during the run and I’ve enjoyed watching, which is what I pay my membership for.

Now back to the original post, Grant is pretty average as footballers go, even at this level, but he’s all we have at present so I hope he finds a little bit of form and luck for the run in

Feb 2, 2007
I was talking to an Exeter fan yesterday and he was taking great pleasure out of the fact we were playing Grant as a target man/CF. Said Tis also had to do it on occasion with little to no success.

Hopefully we try something different at Rochdale if Taylor isn’t risked.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Cobi Budge":1t7nxgq4 said:
The issue isn't not having Taylor, and the issue isn't that Joel Grant is a bad player, the issue is that we're using Joel Grant in exactly the same way that we use Ryan Taylor, that'll never work, watching Grant trying to jump and take down balls or get flick ons against huge CB's is painful and frustrating, we need to change our formation/tactics until Taylor's back, we can still be dangerous without Taylor, but not if we continue as we have been for the last two games.

Agree. I thought Grant was superb coming of the bench in the previous matches but we need to play to his strengths. Balls to feet or in the channels to run in behind! He can't play like Taylor!

Dec 19, 2009
Only one defeat but it was the stark reminder of how bad we were early season and that lessons haven't been learnt that concerns me. After already playing 25% of our games throwing a succession of square pegs at the round hole vacated due to Taylor's injury woes Adams still seems incapable of realising that the team without a fit Ryan Taylor can't play how he prefers them to play. The team's performance\results shouldn't hang on the shoulders of one player but in Taylor's case this seems to be true, without him we struggle. No direct replacement and no plan B have hampered our season massively, I hope it doesn't end up being another one remembered for what might have been.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
I think people also need to realise that last summer, DA wasn't building a team capable of promotion, he was building a team capable of avoiding the drop - akin to most PASOTI-ites views and expectations. Therefore he wasnt out blowing 500k on a striker, or 10k a week (which probably gets you very little), he was securing Carey and then building a group of players good enough to keep us in this league.

Now they have seemingly overachieved, people are slating the players who they deem unworthy of a place in a team fighting for the playoffs.

This isn't a computer game where you can buy and sell players on a whim, change the squad every 6 months. We have what we have, they have accomplished mission objective 1 and surpassed our expectations. Why not get off their backs, congratulate them and see what DA does this summer to move us forward. You cant really do that in April.

Feb 14, 2007
Taunton
Adam_R":2g3gkttc said:
I think people also need to realise that last summer, DA wasn't building a team capable of promotion, he was building a team capable of avoiding the drop - akin to most PASOTI-ites views and expectations. Therefore he wasnt out blowing 500k on a striker, or 10k a week (which probably gets you very little), he was securing Carey and then building a group of players good enough to keep us in this league.

Now they have seemingly overachieved, people are slating the players who they deem unworthy of a place in a team fighting for the playoffs.

This isn't a computer game where you can buy and sell players on a whim, change the squad every 6 months. We have what we have, they have accomplished mission objective 1 and surpassed our expectations. Why not get off their backs, congratulate them and see what DA does this summer to move us forward. You cant really do that in April.

Very well said. We've all got so carried away with this marvellous run that we've forgotten just how far we have come. If Plan A (Taylor) was to stay up, then Plan B (Grant) to excel us into the play offs doesn't add up. Let's try and be happy with what we have got, and encourage and support.

I think naturally we are frustrated with a couple of low key performances recently, but to play like we have since November all the time is just impossible for a thread bare squad.

Let's get behind the team tomorrow night and hope that the team gain the extra 10% they were missing on Saturday.

COYG!

Sep 28, 2003
London
up_the_line":375ul147 said:
1. Who bought him?
2. Who played him and chose the formation?
3. Who funds the squad?

The answer to all 3 is this: the same people that got us promotion last season and a shout of the play-offs this season.

Saturday was absolutely rubbish, but come on, show a little intelligence and perspective.

Feb 2, 2007
Whelan11":1hknuowc said:
Adam_R":1hknuowc said:

Very well said. We've all got so carried away with this marvellous run that we've forgotten just how far we have come. If Plan A (Taylor) was to stay up, then Plan B (Grant) to excel us into the play offs doesn't add up. Let's try and be happy with what we have got, and encourage and support.

I think naturally we are frustrated with a couple of low key performances recently, but to play like we have since November all the time is just impossible for a thread bare squad.

Let's get behind the team tomorrow night and hope that the team gain the extra 10% they were missing on Saturday.

COYG!

I thought we would be fighting for the play offs last Summer but only if we kept our key players fit. Think I posted it a few times. The squad always lacked depth. However, I didn’t think that in October. The first time since that I felt it was realistic again was after Peterborough. Showing the nature of our frailty, when I saw the team v Pompey without Rhino and the subsequent display coupled with Northampton I think the only way we will make it now is if Rhino makes areturn this week and we win 3 from last 4.

Considering the Jan transfer window clearly didn’t go as planned, losing Toums and then selling Jake with no replacement, we have done bleddy well.

We are underdogs again, maybe that’s for the best.