For the Grant bashers | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

For the Grant bashers

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":lgm5vq8a said:
GreenThing":lgm5vq8a said:
up_the_line":lgm5vq8a said:
1. Who bought him?
2. Who played him and chose the formation?
3. Who funds the squad?

Where in this post do you mention vile abuse aimed at Grant.

Errr in the title.

Errr, no you don’t. That title could quite easily refer to people posting on here about him having a poor game, which is how I read it.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenThing":2k5cal9n said:
up_the_line":2k5cal9n said:
GreenThing":2k5cal9n said:
up_the_line":2k5cal9n said:
1. Who bought him?
2. Who played him and chose the formation?
3. Who funds the squad?

Where in this post do you mention vile abuse aimed at Grant.

Errr in the title.

Errr, no you don’t. That title could quite easily refer to people posting on here about him having a poor game, which is how I read it.

Sorry what point are you making?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The point is that you started a thread panning Adams and Brent and only bring abuse shouted at Grant from the terraces later in the thread. Maybe you should have used something like ‘to the people shouting abuse at grant’ in the title.

I agree that our players shouldn’t suffer abuse from the terraces and have had stand-up rows with people doing it at home park before, but I doubt that was your intention when you started this thread.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenThing":27mdi3m6 said:
The point is that you started a thread panning Adams and Brent and only bring abuse shouted at Grant from the terraces later in the thread. Maybe you should have used something like ‘to the people shouting abuse at grant’ in the title.

I agree that our players shouldn’t suffer abuse from the terraces and have had stand-up rows with people doing it at home park before, but I doubt that was your intention when you started this thread.

Actually it was and actually I was forced into a stand up row with someone yesterday whose language was (even by my standards) unacceptable and actually the people around me were fairly cretinous to not understand the wider point that grant was doing his level best against the odds of being played in an impossible role.
The constant shouts that he was lazy were off the mark and didn't sit right with me at all. That's why Ive posted today after months but I found it at best distasteful and definitely wrong to blame Grant for yesterdays poor performance

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":39hljm38 said:
GreenThing":39hljm38 said:

Actually it was and actually I was forced into a stand up row with someone yesterday whose language was (even by my standards) unacceptable and actually the people around me were fairly cretinous to not understand the wider point that grant was doing his level best against the odds of being played in an impossible role.
The constant shouts that he was lazy were off the mark and didn't sit right with me at all

In which case I applaud you on your stance. It might help your cause if you are a bit clearer in your intentions when posting a thread in the future.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenThing":3thmi9ep said:
up_the_line":3thmi9ep said:
GreenThing":3thmi9ep said:

The constant shouts that he was lazy were off the mark and didn't sit right with me at all

In which case I applaud you on your stance. It might help your cause if you are a bit clearer in your intentions when posting a thread in the future.

Thanks for the advice

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
You’re completely right about the abuse directed at Grant, UTL.

What we’re asking is why you used that to imply supporters frustrations should instead be directed at the people ‘who played him’ and ‘who bought him’.

Why did you do that when in the big picture we’re doing extremely well, and you could have posted purely just a defence of JG?

Sep 6, 2006
I don't understand why people just don't debate footie rather than getting in to this debate about who said what, when etc and the rights and wrongs of various contributors.

Mar 14, 2009
IJN":2fgpl87h said:
Leon Horn":2fgpl87h said:
To be fair Ian, you did call for Patrick to come back on a few weeks ago. This is his posting style and although I don’t always agree with him, he is Argyle through and through.

I did mate and I meant it, but to come on here semi erect after a defeat is not that conducive to fan harmony is it? :greensmile:

I do think that Home Park is better off without him though. Genuinely!

What about the number of morons we have who rather chant abuse and taunt opposition fans than watch the game. Against Rovers it was pretty bad.

He is an Argyle fan with a different, if extreme, opinion than yourself. You say HP would be better off without him. You mean like the thousands of Plymouthians who don’t even bother attending. At least he pays his money and whether you or he realise this that contributes to “supporting” the team.

Yes your right about his seemingly undeniable happiness when Argyle lose and he posts. Yet at the same time he makes some valid points. People are asking the same questions regarding can this team only work when Taylor is on the pitch? Why is that? Why are people having a go at Grant when he isn’t a centre forward? It’s there to debate and have reasonable, adult like discussions.

You don’t have to have the same opinion to be an Argyle fan. Just follow the team in your own way.

People seem to think the way you write on PASOTI is the way you support Argyle. For me, I only use this place to share opinions. I don’t shout out during the match “Sawyer your too slow”. I get behind him and cheer him on to do well. Doesn’t matter what l think of any of them. When the Match is being played and lm at the game you get behind your team.

However, when the whistle goes that’s what surely this place is for. To digest everything. Dare l say it but that’s what UTL does. It’s just people think it’s like some attack on Argyle. People really need to stop taking opinions on Argyle so personally. It’s not YOUR team. It’s OURS.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":1gf66uil said:
IJN":1gf66uil said:
Leon Horn":1gf66uil said:
To be fair Ian, you did call for Patrick to come back on a few weeks ago. This is his posting style and although I don’t always agree with him, he is Argyle through and through.

I did mate and I meant it, but to come on here semi erect after a defeat is not that conducive to fan harmony is it? :greensmile:

I do think that Home Park is better off without him though. Genuinely!

What about the number of morons we have who rather chant abuse and taunt opposition fans than watch the game. Against Rovers it was pretty bad.

He is an Argyle fan with a different, if extreme, opinion than yourself. You say HP would be better off without him. You mean like the thousands of Plymouthians who don’t even bother attending. At least he pays his money and whether you or he realise this that contributes to “supporting” the team.

Yes your right about his seemingly undeniable happiness when Argyle lose and he posts. Yet at the same time he makes some valid points. People are asking the same questions regarding can this team only work when Taylor is on the pitch? Why is that? Why are people having a go at Grant when he isn’t a centre forward? It’s there to debate and have reasonable, adult like discussions.

You don’t have to have the same opinion to be an Argyle fan. Just follow the team in your own way.

People seem to think the way you write on PASOTI is the way you support Argyle. For me, I only use this place to share opinions. I don’t shout out during the match “Sawyer your too slow”. I get behind him and cheer him on to do well. Doesn’t matter what l think of any of them. When the Match is being played and lm at the game you get behind your team.

However, when the whistle goes that’s what surely this place is for. To digest everything. Dare l say it but that’s what UTL does. It’s just people think it’s like some attack on Argyle. People really need to stop taking opinions on Argyle so personally. It’s not YOUR team. It’s OURS.

Well said.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree with some of that, and I quite like Patrick on a face to face basis, but it IS the 'happy when we lose' attitude that I can't get on with.

As for PASOTI, he's never broken any rules and is free to post on here for a long as he wants. He can expect stick though as you can see.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":2l298w9a said:
I agree with some of that, and I quite like Patrick on a face to face basis, but it IS the 'happy when we lose' attitude that I can't get on with.

As for PASOTI, he's never broken any rules and is free to post on here for a long as he wants. He can expect stick though as you can see.

You quite like me and say I'm free to post but you've just told me to eff off and not go to home park? Slightly contradictory. Yesterday Grant was made a scapegoat and vilified including by fathers with young children. Frankly it's unfair of people to expect players of grant's calibre to suddenly improve their game and fit a system they clearly aren't made for, their vitriol was, in my book out of order and misdirected. I genuinely hope Grant gets the goal to put us in the playoffs so those mugs can shove it. He may not be a world beater but he's dedicated, not lazy like some pasty lard-arses were suggesting yesterday and he's all we can afford (apparently)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You and I have never fallen out, and you've helped the academy with your artwork.

I also haven't told you to 'eff off' from Home Park, A) I can't and B) I wouldn't. I simply said Home Park would be better off, subtle but less harsh.

I repeat though, you ARE a miserable sod.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As for fans shouting abuse at ANY player need to have a word with themselves. What good does that ever do?