For the Grant bashers | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

For the Grant bashers

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Group of 4 or 5 giving Bradley abuse after the game yesterday.

Jun 2, 2016
Mark Pedlar":3nwei41r said:
What was Sonny gesturing at the end?
Looked like he was coming over to say Don't Give Up, but thought he said something else?
He is the team's leader after all

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
the_corkscrew":1wsmfgmp said:
Mark Pedlar":1wsmfgmp said:
What was Sonny gesturing at the end?
Looked like he was coming over to say Don't Give Up, but thought he said something else?
He is the team's leader after all

Something along the lines of "what me? You brave enough to come here and say that?"

The "supporters" were querying the lack of commitment.

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Daz":3pt9s0jw said:
It’s almost like he waited for a loss to post this isn’t it?
Well said Daz. Why buy a news paper when you can read PASOTI.

Apr 5, 2008
Not the best thing from Bradley to give it back to the supporters,even if the abuse was terrible .

Just concentrate in beating Rochdale to shove the words back down their mouth.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The issue isn't not having Taylor, and the issue isn't that Joel Grant is a bad player, the issue is that we're using Joel Grant in exactly the same way that we use Ryan Taylor, that'll never work, watching Grant trying to jump and take down balls or get flick ons against huge CB's is painful and frustrating, we need to change our formation/tactics until Taylor's back, we can still be dangerous without Taylor, but not if we continue as we have been for the last two games.

Dec 19, 2009
Cobi Budge":1y9kgsyr said:
The issue isn't not having Taylor, and the issue isn't that Joel Grant is a bad player, the issue is that we're using Joel Grant in exactly the same way that we use Ryan Taylor, that'll never work, watching Grant trying to jump and take down balls or get flick ons against huge CB's is painful and frustrating, we need to change our formation/tactics until Taylor's back, we can still be dangerous without Taylor, but not if we continue as we have been for the last two games.

I agree Taylor's absence shouldn't be the problem but unfortunately I think it probably is. When a one trick pony manager (Yes, when it works it's very effective) finds the only fit personnal left available to him don't fit his one and only plan things can often go south. Witness yesterday's debacle and to a degree Pompey the previous weekend. Being as though Taylor is key to the plan then why we don't have a decent replacement for him remains to be answered.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
moles40":7jjqfr0n said:
Not the best thing from Bradley to give it back to the supporters,even if the abuse was terrible .

Just concentrate in beating Rochdale to shove the words back down their mouth.

Good on him! Why should he or any other player have to put up with the abuse?

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Maybe UTL was out of order in apportioning blame to JB, the fact that Grant is unable to play the lone striker role is not his fault. The fact that he was told to play the lone striker role is not Grants` fault, in these circumstances we should have an alternative style of play to fall back on, one which accommodates the squad members called upon to substitute for say, Taylor; to this end the responsibility must surely rest with DA. We appear not to have learned the lesson of the first third of the season. To use an extreme analogy, it`s a little like asking Lameiras to sub for Sonny. Welcome back UTL, look forward to disagreeing with you in future. :twisted:

G

Greenskin

justanotherfan":3l1wqz6f said:
Maybe UTL was out of order in apportioning blame to JB, the fact that Grant is unable to play the lone striker role is not his fault. The fact that he was told to play the lone striker role is not Grants` fault, in these circumstances we should have an alternative style of play to fall back on, one which accommodates the squad members called upon to substitute for say, Taylor; to this end the responsibility must surely rest with DA. We appear not to have learned the lesson of the first third of the season. To use an extreme analogy, it`s a little like asking Lameiras to sub for Sonny. Welcome back UTL, look forward to disagreeing with you in future. :twisted:

Why should Argyle change to "an alternative style of play" when the one using Taylor as a target man to bring Carey and Lameiras into the game propelled Argyle from rock bottom to 5th in the table? The issue is one of personnel not style,although admittedly in this case they are inextricably linked. Adams obviously had learnt the lesson of the first third of the season by signing a similar type of player to Taylor-maybe the real question to be asked is why a club on 10000 gates and which has garnered considerable income from transfers in recent seasons is unable to do better than a player with obvious injury problems which have stunted his career so badly.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Well obviously the need for an alternative style of play is in the fact that Taylor is not available and no one can play his role, DA has stated in the past week that Church was injured when he signed him, ergo, no Taylor and no substitute so play to the strengths of those available, seems simple really.

Mar 5, 2012
Knibbsworth":2virrjot said:
up_the_line":2virrjot said:
1. Who bought him?
2. Who played him and chose the formation?
3. Who funds the squad?

It's interesting that you haven't posted since December before today. When Argyle go unbeaten for months you're nowhere to be seen, when Argyle lose you're a vulture feeding on the carcass of defeat spreading misery. What a pathetic supporter you are!

Beautiful post.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
"Long question. Simple answer. Southend were godawful and also I got to mock anton Ferdinand in town so I was delighted"

So; ok to 'mock' opposition players in the street then? :think:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Pogleswoody":2q6z4hx0 said:
"Long question. Simple answer. Southend were godawful and also I got to mock anton Ferdinand in town so I was delighted"

So; ok to 'mock' opposition players in the street then? :think:

A. He mocked me first. Took the rise out of my running trainers
B. It was playful banter. I asked if he played in slippers these days
C. I wasn't foaming at the mouth like the guys around me yesterday