For the Grant bashers | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

For the Grant bashers

Feb 28, 2016
ChepstowGreen":2tvaqy3s said:
Can't believe how this op troll has been fed, why not just ignore?

Because whether you agree with him or not, he is raising points worthy of respectful debate. PASOTI would be a very boring place if we all agreed, all of the time!

As for him not posting since December, it’s understandable. If he criticised management when things were going right, he would be slaughtered/accused of being a city fan etc.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3r4ig53d said:
It's almost like a tag team - Sam Jones and Up The Line (his first posts in 4 months).
Quite.

If that's their actual outlook on life - to only ever say something when it's a negative - they must lead truly miserable lives. Almost feel sorry for them to be honest.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
A post to defend one of our players and I'm the bad guy?
Felt truly sorry for grant yesterday, especially with the 'so called' supporters around me who couldnt wait to tear him to shreds. For the pathetic fan I am I still got a comment of 'you've got some lungs on you' with reference to my vocal encouragement.
Still they were all happy to have a guy out on the park to shout obscene abuse at (some of it borderline reportable)

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
I think the Grant issue is combination of things

Either:
- he is unable to play the Tayloresque game being asked of him by managment (to be fair to the latter, there is little evidence that this is indeed the intended tactic)
- tactics have changed but the rest of the team are unable to adapt (he is still having to deal with a lot of "Taylor" passes, and to his credit he manages it sometimes)
- tactics have changed but he isn't reading it (at least twice yesterday teammates weren't happy with his movement in the channels)

I'd say a combination of the last two. He has been a good player for us when called upon to play his natural game. This is more about not having a replacement for Taylor than a problem with Grant.

G

Greenskin

Mark_Smith":4gjgvwb9 said:

Either:
- he is unable to play the Tayloresque game being asked of him by managment (to be fair to the latter, there is little evidence that this is indeed the intended tactic)
- tactics have changed but the rest of the team are unable to adapt (he is still having to deal with a lot of "Taylor" passes, and to his credit he manages it sometimes)
- tactics have changed but he isn't reading it (at least twice yesterday teammates weren't happy with his movement in the channels)

I'd say a combination of the last two. He has been a good player for us when called upon to play his natural game. This is more about not having a replacement for Taylor than a problem with Grant.

Exactly.Must say that i have some sympathy with UTL on this one,it would seem to be idiotic for some of the more ignorant and abusive types to single out a player of a totally different style to Taylor without looking deeper at the reasons why an adequate and like for like replacement was not signed in the last window.Church would have been an answer but apparently has a long standing hip injury which Argyle knew about when he signed.How many times does the club need to go down this road [Peacock and Sealey to Folly and McNamee and a few others since whose names escape me] before it finally sinks in that signing crocks is probably a one in fifty gamble and ultimately proves to be a false economy? Fairly sure that such a signing would not have been Adams first choice,ditto the signing of a West Ham rookie to replace a player of class and experience in Tounami.Hopefully Adams will point these things out when it comes to discussing budgetary matters and lessons learned during the close season should it indeed be the case that Argyle have blown their chances this season.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":8ro8je1i said:
A post to defend one of our players and I'm the bad guy?
Felt truly sorry for grant yesterday, especially with the 'so called' supporters around me who couldnt wait to tear him to shreds. For the pathetic fan I am I still got a comment of 'you've got some lungs on you' with reference to my vocal encouragement.
Still they were all happy to have a guy out on the park to shout obscene abuse at (some of it borderline reportable)

Defending a player? Looks more like a thinly veiled excuse to attack Adams and Brent.

Why didn’t you come on here with something positive to say when we were doing well? Why wait until a poor performance to come back on here?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Because you’re dim UTL, don’t expect us to be the same as you!

Ridiculously stupid post and many have seen straight through you.

Home Park is better off without you.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Greenskin":1205e0fv said:
Mark_Smith":1205e0fv said:

Either:

Exactly.Must say that i have some sympathy with UTL on this one,it would seem to be idiotic for some of the more ignorant and abusive types to single out a player of a totally different style to Taylor without looking deeper at the reasons why an adequate and like for like replacement was not signed in the last window.Church would have been an answer but apparently has a long standing hip injury which Argyle knew about when he signed.How many times does the club need to go down this road [Peacock and Sealey to Folly and McNamee and a few others since whose names escape me] before it finally sinks in that signing crocks is probably a one in fifty gamble and ultimately proves to be a false economy? Fairly sure that such a signing would not have been Adams first choice,ditto the signing of a West Ham rookie to replace a player of class and experience in Tounami.Hopefully Adams will point these things out when it comes to discussing budgetary matters and lessons learned during the close season should it indeed be the case that Argyle have blown their chances this season.

I thank you.
As it happens I'm busy eating a lot of humble pie ref Adams. The football has been first class at home now he's changed style to a degree and the addition of Lamieras has brightened the team immeasuraly.
However its clear that Taylor is absolutely crucial to the game plan and if that is the only game plan we have then it was also clear that another injury to Taylor would screw us. So it's frustrating it wasn't properly addressed either at the start of the season or in January. It's also frustrating to hear imbeciles throwing abuse at Grant and not thinking in their thick heads about why we are left playing a city cast off as a lone striker pinging high balls at him as if he's a 6 foot ginger fella

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":1x6bmart said:
Because you’re dim UTL, don’t expect us to be the same as you!

Ridiculously stupid post and many have seen straight through you.

Home Park is better off without you.

Fair dos if you're happy with the fan base hurling abuse at one our players:
'lazy f##ker'
'go back to city you c'
'f##King useless grant, get one of our own on' (starting to get worryingly close to the line at this point)
It was actually only me who shut one knobber up and told him to support the players who were playing to a plan. Moron offered me out because I objected to him slating grant... Top support there pal. You're just in a pissy because I'm questioning the money side of things
Home park better off. Hmmm been going for months pal and enjoying the football (vocally) in a part of the ground where one doesn't feel like they have to defer to the hierarchy. Actually find the football nouse and comments far better and insightful where I sit now actually, nice to sit with people who understand the game.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
To be fair Ian, you did call for Patrick to come back on a few weeks ago. This is his posting style and although I don’t always agree with him, he is Argyle through and through.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
At the end of the January transfer window we were 13th in the league, 9 points away from the play-offs and 8 points away from the relegation zone.

At the time a midtable finish looked a good bet and something we would have settled for after spending so much time in the bottom four. Not many would have predicted a possible play-off place.

Church was signed as cover for Taylor and again at the time two target men type of player seemed enough, signing a third 'Taylor' would have seem a waste of a wage and fans might have complained we didn't need a third target man when we needed to consolidate a midtable place.

After the January window was closed we picked up 19 points from a possible 21 that propelled us into sixth place, again not many would have predicted that.

The criticism shouldn't be that we needed to sign a third target man in January but that we signed the wrong player in Church who arrived with a history of injury problems.

In Adams' defence West Ham striker Antonio Martinez let us down close to deadline day, although he's not a target man type of player.
If things had gone our way during the transfer window we would now have Martinez, a fit Church or another target man striker as our striking options to play in Taylor's absence.

Hindsight is great. :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Leon Horn":2ocj2h30 said:
To be fair Ian, you did call for Patrick to come back on a few weeks ago. This is his posting style and although I don’t always agree with him, he is Argyle through and through.

I did mate and I meant it, but to come on here semi erect after a defeat is not that conducive to fan harmony is it? :greensmile:

I do think that Home Park is better off without him though. Genuinely!

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":151lszes said:
Leon Horn":151lszes said:

I did mate and I meant it, but to come on here semi erect after a defeat is not that conducive to fan harmony is it? :greensmile:

I do think that Home Park is better off without him though. Genuinely!

So throwing vile abuse at grant for playing to a plan is good harmony. Good job I was there otherwise I think the comments would have gone farther out of line. No one else was standing beside grant yesterday. Bloke needs an arm round his shoulder after that.
Ive been going for months without having to doff the cap pal. Loving the new brand of football from a better vantage point. If I don't go though that'll be even less for the Lord High Benefactor to throw at the team. Can sense Adams might actually have a plan B if he wasn't hogtied with an apple shoved in his gob

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":1zyzjdei said:
1. Who bought him?
2. Who played him and chose the formation?
3. Who funds the squad?

Where in this post do you mention vile abuse aimed at Grant.