For the Grant bashers | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

For the Grant bashers

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
How is year on year improvement failure? Under the two people you’re criticising we’ve progressed to play-off final, then to promotion, then to either a top 10 finish/play offs/promotion again.

1) How is that failure?, 2) What more do you want, exactly?

Jul 6, 2011
yashin":3u5f6z0o said:
How about gambling with Songo up front in the last 15minutes at least he would make it difficult for the opposing defence when the ball lumped up from the back.

How about bringing blisset back temporarily and playing him upfront with Fletcher, that combination scored 2 goals against a chelsea team of young world cup winners and million pound players. Thats slightly up on the standard of what you've just suggested...

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Biggs":7u56wzoh said:
How is year on year improvement failure? Under the two people you’re criticising we’ve progressed to play-off final, then to promotion, then to either a top 10 finish/play offs/promotion again.

1) How is that failure?, 2) What more do you want, exactly?

2) He wants us to lose to a bottom 4 team so he can feel big about wading in with his doom and gloom. We haven’t seen him on here for months now but he’s all excited again after today.

Mar 14, 2009
up_the_line":8hqsao8x said:
Biggs":8hqsao8x said:
You’re familiar with the concept of injuries, UTL?

Both our target men are out, it’s rubbish luck but it happens.

Great post, Mickey.

BOTH our target men?!!!
Please tell me you don't mean Simon I came here on crutches Church?! Because that is the exact point I'm making. Cheapo signings, ultimately failure

I have a question for you.

Why do you only make your points when we lose? I’d never heard you say any of this when we won 4-0 against Southend?

I am not against some of the things you say. I’d got stick for what l say. However, l say what l do win, draw or lose and front up to criticism l get because people don’t understand why l am critical when we win or lose. However, if you read PASOTI the wave of emotions from eutrophic when we win to suicidal when we lose by people is just the modern day football fan. Yet you unfortunately just seem to only comment when Argyle lose.

You can’t exactly say DA has failed. You might point fingers at the board but we are progressing. Better training facilities. A refurbished grandstand which will finally see HP return to a proper four sided ground. Moves for diversity in the board room.

Now the question is can the board provide DA with significant improved funds to push the squad on next season? We don’t know. But let’s wait and see. You have a go at lack of forward power this season but Church got injured. Unfortunately, Adams doesn’t like to seemingly play with a big squad and as Ainsworth has been in the cold for most of the season was it worth bringing more players in that DA is not keen on playing? Let’s not forget how many GK’s we have had to borrow. Those wages had to come from somewhere. I’m imagining Carey wages had an impact on the rest of the budget. Yet we kept our best player. Now we just got to keep building around him.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Metal_Green_Mickey":22h0s7ax said:
up_the_line":22h0s7ax said:
Biggs":22h0s7ax said:
You’re familiar with the concept of injuries, UTL?

Both our target men are out, it’s rubbish luck but it happens.

Great post, Mickey.

BOTH our target men?!!!
Please tell me you don't mean Simon I came here on crutches Church?! Because that is the exact point I'm making. Cheapo signings, ultimately failure

I have a question for you.

Why do you only make your points when we lose? I’d never heard you say any of this when we won 4-0 against Southend?

I am not against some of the things you say. I’d got stick for what l say. However, l say what l do win, draw or lose and front up to criticism l get because people don’t understand why l am critical when we win or lose. However, if you read PASOTI the wave of emotions from eutrophic when we win to suicidal when we lose by people is just the modern day football fan. Yet you unfortunately just seem to only comment when Argyle lose.

You can’t exactly say DA has failed. You might point fingers at the board but we are progressing. Better training facilities. A refurbished grandstand which will finally see HP return to a proper four sided ground. Moves for diversity in the board room.

Now the question is can the board provide DA with significant improved funds to push the squad on next season? We don’t know. But let’s wait and see. You have a go at lack of forward power this season but Church got injured. Unfortunately, Adams doesn’t like to seemingly play with a big squad and as Ainsworth has been in the cold for most of the season was it worth bringing more players in that DA is not keen on playing? Let’s not forget how many GK’s we have had to borrow. Those wages had to come from somewhere. I’m imagining Carey wages had an impact on the rest of the budget. Yet we kept our best player. Now we just got to keep building around him.

Long question. Simple answer. Southend were godawful and also I got to mock anton Ferdinand in town so I was delighted

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
It’s almost like he waited for a loss to post this isn’t it?

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
I feel sorry for Grant. You could have put anyone up in our squad front and suffered the same outcome. We proved that with Jervis, Blissett and a few others.

For reasons both in and out of Adams control we can’t, won’t or simply been unable to find anyone to cover that position. The fans know that, the players know that and I am sure Brent knows that.

I am so sad it has come to bookend our otherwise successful season.

Bring back Jimmy Spencer

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Make a point when you like if a valid one.

If a net gain of three players join or emerge who are long term options then it’s a successful season. I’d count Ness, Edwards and Lameiras. Carey stays, a good season.

Aug 5, 2016
up_the_line":16qnjovh said:
1. Who bought him?
2. Who played him and chose the formation?
3. Who funds the squad?

It's interesting that you haven't posted since December before today. When Argyle go unbeaten for months you're nowhere to be seen, when Argyle lose you're a vulture feeding on the carcass of defeat spreading misery. What a pathetic supporter you are!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Just a couple of 'sceenshots' of my own posts. Surely, that's allowed?

Where is the original Mr Knee Jerk when things appear to be improving?
I suppose that he will stay 'up the line' until his knee starts to twitch again.
Where is ‘up the line’ when we’re on a good run? Hope he doesn’t spoil it by turning up at Home Park tomorrow.
One thing’s for sure, if we got there (to the playoff final) and lost, ‘up the line’ would be back on here 5 minutes after the final whistle.

You really are incredibly and pathetically predictable, UTL. Not one post to praise our/your team since our amazing run of exciting form started but as soon as we have a 'blip', you are back with a vengeance.

I am not a big fan of Joel Grant but I thought that he was one of our better performers today, based on the live TV streaming.

We are all disappointed with today's performance but it seems so unreasonable that you have been in 'Pasoti hibernation' for 4 months but, as soon as something goes wrong, you creep out of your shell and start firing bullets.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
Guiri Green":1ecgztyh said:
To be fair, the OP has a point. It was Adams uzing Brents money that's got us into this terrible position.

The start of this Season showed us blatantly how poor we are and what problems the terrible mismanagement by Adams of the shockingly low Brent funded budget has caused.

The winning of all those games and going on a long unbeaten run from the depths of the bottom spots to bring us to within a whisker of the Play Offs has papered over the fact that this Team and Budget isn't good enough to progress in L1, let alone get into the top half after such a dreadful start.

Terrible position? What orifice are you talking out of?

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Mr Brent's name doesn't belong in a discussion of purely football matters, which is what this should be.

As for Grant, I think he's decent provided that he plays a role that suits him.