For the Grant bashers | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

For the Grant bashers

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
up_the_line":2najmgqg said:
1. Who bought him?
2. Who played him and chose the formation?
3. Who funds the squad?

As I said on a previous thread....

kernow19":2najmgqg said:
Well, I imagine there'll be a few familiar old faces we haven't seen for a while joyfully passing their predictable opinions on here this evening. ;)

And here he is :scarf:

Jun 2, 2016
up_the_line":28e3vgx0 said:
1. Who bought him?
3. Who funds the squad?

for someone with an anti-Brent and anti-Adams agenda, this must have been a painful season
my sympathies to you :wave:

Mar 21, 2013
the_corkscrew":1vqbt3v9 said:
up_the_line":1vqbt3v9 said:
1. Who bought him?
3. Who funds the squad?

for someone with an anti-Brent and anti-Adams agenda, this must have been a painful season
my sympathies to you :wave:

I’d throw in anti-argyle & anti-any kind of a life in there.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
up_the_line":3vutnh4u said:
Biggs":3vutnh4u said:
You’re familiar with the concept of injuries, UTL?

Both our target men are out, it’s rubbish luck but it happens.

Great post, Mickey.

BOTH our target men?!!!
Please tell me you don't mean Simon I came here on crutches Church?! Because that is the exact point I'm making. Cheapo signings, ultimately failure

Bore off and crawl back under the stone you have been hiding for the last four months. Who needs fans like you...

Oct 16, 2016
Tbf Grant is very ordinary, I always quite like Fletcher’s energy, he would give more in this team right now imo

Oct 31, 2015
I have to say Grant as a loan striker is not the answer. We are a poorer team because of it. We went from Pompey away to Pompey home scoring in every game. Now we have not scored in 2 on the trot and look like last September. For next season DA needs to figure out how to play plan b and c when Taylor is not in the team or other teams figure it out.

Grant has never been a league 1 player and is not a loan striker either. I think a lot of money has been wasted on carp (Grant, Ciftci, Wylde,Church, Paton to name a few) but no doubt this is what we will be looking to replace better next season.

Sep 6, 2006
Green_Matt":3r4h4uvf said:
Mr Brent's name doesn't belong in a discussion of purely football matters, which is what this should be.

As for Grant, I think he's decent provided that he plays a role that suits him.

Which is..? Doing the laundry? Thought he did his best actually but we must be the only team in the League playing a target man who is incapable of heading a ball!

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":1uuf82ew said:
Green_Matt":1uuf82ew said:
Mr Brent's name doesn't belong in a discussion of purely football matters, which is what this should be.

As for Grant, I think he's decent provided that he plays a role that suits him.

Which is..? Doing the laundry? Thought he did his best actually but we must be the only team in the League playing a target man who is incapable of heading a ball!

Stick him in the Laundry Room. We might get a clean sheet.

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":xr3fqvp5 said:
Both are wrong.

A decent player had a bad game in an alien position, because we had no other option.

What punishment do you deem suitable for Adams, for doing so? And for signing him?

So when have you seen him have a 'decent" game?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's almost like a tag team - Sam Jones and Up The Line (his first posts in 4 months).

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Can't believe how this op troll has been fed, why not just ignore?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Balham_Green":d5f2ax5k said:
Biggs":d5f2ax5k said:
Both are wrong.

A decent player had a bad game in an alien position, because we had no other option.

What punishment do you deem suitable for Adams, for doing so? And for signing him?

He was excellent in the game at Wimbledon in which he scored (and started the move for the goal). A crucial one to get us back on track.

He’s always seemed enthusiastic but probably slightly lacking at the top League 1 level, but I said he was decent... not a world beater. He certainly doesn’t deserve abuse for not excelling in an awkward position, forced on us by injuries.

Again, what should the adequate punishment be for Derek Adams/James Brent for signing/sanctioning a player who hasn’t set the world alight? Is it a sacking? A fine? How should they answer for this outrage?

Or could it just be that football is football? Teams play badly, signings don’t come off, some days everything goes right and some days you can’t hit a barn door with a banjo.

But in the big picture that really counts, we’re heading very definitely in the right direction. No matter how many people take great pleasure in telling you otherwise.

May 16, 2016
PL2 3DQ":3mtnh4in said:
It's almost like a tag team - Sam Jones and Up The Line (his first posts in 4 months).

The long awaited greatest hits album. Some posters become self parody tribute acts.

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":33692d62 said:
Balham_Green":33692d62 said:
Biggs":33692d62 said:
Both are wrong.

He was excellent in the game at Wimbledon in which he scored (and started the move for the goal). A crucial one to get us back on track.

He’s always seemed enthusiastic but probably slightly lacking at the top League 1 level, but I said he was decent... not a world beater. He certainly doesn’t deserve abuse for not excelling in an awkward position, forced on us by injuries.

Again, what should the adequate punishment be for Derek Adams/James Brent for signing/sanctioning a player who hasn’t set the world alight? Is it a sacking? A fine? How should they answer for this outrage?

Or could it just be that football is football? Teams play badly, signings don’t come off, some days everything goes right and some days you can’t hit a barn door with a banjo.

But in the big picture that really counts, we’re heading very definitely in the right direction. No matter how many people take great pleasure in telling you otherwise.

Calm down dear. Not many are criticising Adams or Brent. I didn't think he was worst player today. Paton takes that by a country mile. But you are clutching at straws Re Grant. One game several months ago when he was AVERAGE and almost missed a sitter. Come off it!

Sep 25, 2010
up_the_line":2st1tosm said:
Biggs":2st1tosm said:
You’re familiar with the concept of injuries, UTL?

Both our target men are out, it’s rubbish luck but it happens.

Great post, Mickey.

BOTH our target men?!!!
Please tell me you don't mean Simon I came here on crutches Church?! Because that is the exact point I'm making. Cheapo signings, ultimately failure

Please don't encourage this moron BG, for so many months, when we have been doing well, we have not had the 'enjoyment', of the virtues of BG, so just ignore him and he might go away again for 4 months, or even longer. Hopefully.

His comments are not even worth discussing, as his only attention is seeking attention