Forest V Blackpool today | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Forest V Blackpool today

Dec 3, 2005
Cobra":iqwigs4b said:
greengenes":iqwigs4b said:
Cobra":iqwigs4b said:
to football forum and there is allready a thread in there
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

you really have something against me dont you :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have lol

Come on the Tangerines

Jun 27, 2006
Cornwall
Holloway is one hell of a manager. A remarkable achievement and while we will all feel "it could have been us" we shouldn't take anything away from what he's done there.

To think, we were sixth in the championship under Ollie, the same position Blackpool got to this season. But while we went on a downward spiral signing Scottish wastes of space like Gow and McLean, Holloway went to Rangers and bought Adams who has scored nearly 20 goals this season. He cost half a million so these players are out there - you just need a manager who can find them and bring out the best in them.

Good luck to the guy, he really knows his stuff. Him and Pulis, two remarkable managers who couldn't work with our board and moved on after being frustrated by the attitudes and obstacles faced down here.

It's not easy being an Argyle fan on nights like this.

Mar 10, 2007
Probably the best game I've watched all year. Blackpool were brilliant, they just seemed to have no fear. Makes you feel a bit sick considering what we have been subjected to for the last couple of years.

Will always think Holloway bottled it here- I'm convinced he could have kept that group of players together another 6 months and if he had, we would probably have gone up- but hey ho... Past is past and you have to say fair play to him- he's obviously learned from his mistakes and is stronger for it. Hopefully our board will do the same!

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Bodmin Tew":t5m00565 said:
A Tory PM and "that man" one game from the Premiership.

God it's been a bad day :(

On the contrary, quite a brilliant day!!!!
Labor dross out.
Small club with an inspiring manger 90 mins from the Premiership :)

greeneagle":15wlvxbj said:
Bodmin Tew":15wlvxbj said:
A Tory PM and "that man" one game from the Premiership.

God it's been a bad day :(

On the contrary, quite a brilliant day!!!!
Labor dross out.
Small club with an inspiring manger 90 mins from the Premiership :)

Damn you beat me to it. Yes a damn good day all round I think. Needs something to shake up the cartel of the Premiership. Wish we were guaranteed 12m by the end of next season, if they go up of course.

E

exmouthgrecian

I just wondered what Plymouth fans thought of Holloway's achievement in taking Blackpool to within 90 minutes of the Premiership.

Does it now look as though your board didn't show his ambition and he might have been right to leave after all?

Apr 21, 2007
Pleasenomorefallon":33n917h0 said:
Stapleton "I couldn't support Holloways demands on gates of 14,000. I can't justify risking the long-term financial security of the club blah blah blah"

Guess what Stapes? Blackpool backed him, now look at us and look at them and they did it on gates of barely 8,000.

It's almost like the Blackpool thing happened just to show Argyle what could have been. I bet Staplewallet is squirming in his Cornish mansion right now.

Blackpool backing him? You sure? They are in the bottom 2 or 3, probably the bottom, wage payers in the league and holloway is the cheapest manager. Don't let facts get in the way of any tirades though.

Feb 29, 2008
itosap":1oqz9co6 said:
Pleasenomorefallon":1oqz9co6 said:
Stapleton "I couldn't support Holloways demands on gates of 14,000. I can't justify risking the long-term financial security of the club blah blah blah"

Guess what Stapes? Blackpool backed him, now look at us and look at them and they did it on gates of barely 8,000.

It's almost like the Blackpool thing happened just to show Argyle what could have been. I bet Staplewallet is squirming in his Cornish mansion right now.

Blackpool backing him? You sure? They are in the bottom 2 or 3, probably the bottom, wage payers in the league and holloway is the cheapest manager. Don't let facts get in the way of any tirades though.

And dont let us stop you walking away from the club you hate so much. Whip round for a one way ticket to Blackpool?

Feb 29, 2008
Blackpool are now in the finals, I do hope that they do it with another DJ Campbell hat-trick and keep the Cardiff down to go bust. (still think Cardiff will do them though).

A

andyr1963

So at the time of writing the three clubs in contention for the premier league place are

Cardiff, and their debt and Risdale and lets face it their fans.

Liecester, poacher in chief Mandy

Or Blackpool with Dogsh1t Olly

Oh god make it stop, please make it stop

:cry: :cry: :twisted: :? :cry:

A decision

Blackpool
for maximum irritation to the money grabbers

Olly to be sacked in the summer in favour of someone with premiership experience, someone like ...............Brian Laws :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

Greenskin

argyleiggy":3js3h3e0 said:
djg145":3js3h3e0 said:
Cobra":3js3h3e0 said:
djg145":3js3h3e0 said:
awwww bless

awwwwwww, go away

Off with my head lol

What IF - IF only ah well welcome to the First Division ;)

What if the fans had turned up and Oily hadnt feched orf?

What,like the 8000 who've turned up at Bloomfield Road every week for the last 2 seasons?

G

Greenskin

itosap":3edwghkx said:
Pleasenomorefallon":3edwghkx said:

Of course they backed him.They didn't sell Adam in January when there were substantial bids in for him and let him bring in Campbell and one or two others to strengthen the squad.Not like a certain other club that could be mentioned who should have followed the same path and who are now paying a heavy penalty for not doing so.

G

Greenskin

Herb":3f9mov1g said:
Probably the same as you lot wondering why Alan Ball couldn't get Exeter City to the World Cup Final.

:lol: They did play Brazil though.