Forever Bury Fund. Now CLOSED. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Forever Bury Fund. Now CLOSED.

Jan 7, 2018
GiggLaneGuy":gpkbahek said:
Hi folks, a Bury fan here, thank you for allowing me to join your board.
I've joined really to say thank you very much for your overwhelming generosity in your efforts to raise much needed cash towards our goal of ensuring the survival of Bury FC, I can't begin to tell you how very much it is appreciated by all Bury fans.

Your member 'Pilgrim' posted on our message board and was thanked on there, but I just had to come over onto your board to express our gratitude to you all.

I can assure anyone and everyone that any money donated by your good selves will go to The Supporters Trust, Forever Bury, which has no financial connection to the limited company Bury FC and therefore, he whose name that must not be mentioned, will be unable to access one penny of it.

We all know about football rivalries, I would imagine that yours would be Exeter and Torquay? Ours are Bolton Wanderers and Rochdale. Bury fans of a certain age ( I include myself in that! ) see Bolton as our main rivals, and dislike then with a passion, but we would never wish them to be in the predicament that they and ourselves are in at the moment, it's heartbreaking.

Now onto football and your new management team of Lowe & Schumacer. I've been watching Bury since 1963, and hand on heart, I can honestly say that last season brought the best football I've seen played by a Bury team in all my years of watching.
The passing was exceptional, goals were coming in from all positions, and if we didn't score 3 in a game we wanted to know why. But the main factor in winning promotion was the fact that the team never gave up, even when all seemed lost. We were 1-3 down at home against MK Dons with 18 minutes left, and we won 4-3 with the last kick of the game, the attitude instilled throughout the team by the management was exceptional.

One thing I will say is please don't expect miracles from the outset. It took Lowey a couple of months to get the team that he wanted playing as he wanted, and once he'd got the right players, with the right attitude, there was no stopping them, and I'm certain that if it wasn't for the off pitch upheaval caused by the financial uncertainty that caused a blip over about 5 games, we would have gone onto win the league, there's no doubt in my mind at all.

Once again, thanks to you all and I wish you, your team, and especially Lowey & Schumacer all the best for the coming season.

Vinny
I think you can guess where I'm from too, with my user name and avatar! Anyway, just to echo Vinny's comments, there's not much more to say really...other than thank you.

I actually joined this MB in January '18, after you'd thrashed us 3-0. But had to join, to say thanks for the welcome that I and other Bury fans received in the Green Taverners. So I'm saying thanks again(!) and gonna bump that thread.

Oh and I've made a new friend in Laido...you Janners really are a top bunch.

Green Army!

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
Ian, I'm in for £50 as promised in my original post when we thought Ryan Lowe was about to be named last week. I don't though have the PayPal or Bacs details. Can you let me have them? Too thick to even work out how to do a PM I'm afraid!

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
GiggLaneGuy":2qs3potj said:
Hi folks, a Bury fan here, thank you for allowing me to join your board.
I've joined really to say thank you very much for your overwhelming generosity in your efforts to raise much needed cash towards our goal of ensuring the survival of Bury FC, I can't begin to tell you how very much it is appreciated by all Bury fans.

Your member 'Pilgrim' posted on our message board and was thanked on there, but I just had to come over onto your board to express our gratitude to you all.

I can assure anyone and everyone that any money donated by your good selves will go to The Supporters Trust, Forever Bury, which has no financial connection to the limited company Bury FC and therefore, he whose name that must not be mentioned, will be unable to access one penny of it.

We all know about football rivalries, I would imagine that yours would be Exeter and Torquay? Ours are Bolton Wanderers and Rochdale. Bury fans of a certain age ( I include myself in that! ) see Bolton as our main rivals, and dislike then with a passion, but we would never wish them to be in the predicament that they and ourselves are in at the moment, it's heartbreaking.

Now onto football and your new management team of Lowe & Schumacer. I've been watching Bury since 1963, and hand on heart, I can honestly say that last season brought the best football I've seen played by a Bury team in all my years of watching.
The passing was exceptional, goals were coming in from all positions, and if we didn't score 3 in a game we wanted to know why. But the main factor in winning promotion was the fact that the team never gave up, even when all seemed lost. We were 1-3 down at home against MK Dons with 18 minutes left, and we won 4-3 with the last kick of the game, the attitude instilled throughout the team by the management was exceptional.

One thing I will say is please don't expect miracles from the outset. It took Lowey a couple of months to get the team that he wanted playing as he wanted, and once he'd got the right players, with the right attitude, there was no stopping them, and I'm certain that if it wasn't for the off pitch upheaval caused by the financial uncertainty that caused a blip over about 5 games, we would have gone onto win the league, there's no doubt in my mind at all.

Once again, thanks to you all and I wish you, your team, and especially Lowey & Schumacer all the best for the coming season.
Vinny

Along with Ian and a great number of PASOTI members we wish you well and hope that the money raised will help in someway towards your clubs survival. Best wishes to you and your supporters. You will always get a warm welcome amongst the Green Army.

Mar 14, 2009
Just donated £10 myself IJN, via PayPal.

Don’t worry about the badge. Like everyone else if someone wants it then feel free to give it to them.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Michael_Fleet":2xbt2968 said:
Ian, I'm in for £50 as promised in my original post when we thought Ryan Lowe was about to be named last week. I don't though have the PayPal or Bacs details. Can you let me have them? Too thick to even work out how to do a PM I'm afraid!

There's a paypal symbol on your options bar above.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
£10.

Hopefully it goes to the ones who are really struggling.

Good effort Ian. :clap:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I saw that one come in.

If you want a badge, PM me your address please mate. :thumbup: