Freddie Ladapo (signs - confirmed) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Freddie Ladapo (signs - confirmed)

Apr 29, 2016
Pogleswoody":2scx4wew said:
All together now …. Lada -po - po - po!!!

Tell you what I see, which I like. He looks like an out and out goal moocher to me, most of the passes/crosses are received on the edge of the box or inside the box. he seems to just turn/shove/foul ( :oops: ) the defender and just hits the ball as hard as he can .. under the bar and between the posts!!
Football really is a simple game you know!!

Geddon Freddie!! :scarf:

Lada -po - po - po!!! :lol:

Billy Rafferty chant for me. Oh Freddie, Freddie ... Freddie, Freddie, Freddie, Freddie La.. Da .. po.! :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Brilliant! :clap: Plus I have this image of you sitting in the South of France thinking that one up. :greensmile:

P

Piran-Pilgrim

To the tune of Black Betty

We've got Freddie......Ladapo
We've got Freddie......Ladapo
Freddie is a green...... Ladapo
He's our Argyle dream..... Ladapo

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":3q76fmqu said:
oldage":3q76fmqu said:
Doesn't matter as long as DA thinks he's brilliant.It is ONLY his opinion that counts according to IJN on anything other post. Like Nardiello and Goodwillie!

And... Carey, Bradley, Fox, Taylor, Threlkeld, Edwards, Matthews, Lameiras, Ness, Sarcevic etc.

Miller Paton (truly terrible) Cifci Bissett Wylde (twice!). Just for balance like!

Aug 5, 2016
Wylde is hardly a crap player, and Miller helped us win promotion, a little slow but hardly crap. You keep droning on about how bad Paton was for us, and he had fifteen minute run out twice completely lacking in match fitness. Ciftci had good technical ability but lacked heart, and Blissett is a League Two level targetman who was worth the £15,000 transfer fee for cover that we paid for him.

Not every player Argyle sign will light the league up like Carey. Some are cheap, on cheap wages, and just needed for cover to get us through the season. Most of those players you're whinging about helped us in an 87 point promotio season, so i'm happy they had the impact DA signed them for.

Sep 6, 2006
As I said it was for balance! Am not whinging. Every manager makes bad signings. Even Ferguson got quite a few wrong. You seem incapable of any balance Re Adams. You even defend those poor signings. Actually Paton played 55 minutes at Northampton and was completely useless. Why do you think he lacked match fitness? Cos nobody wanted to play him! Ain't rocket science is it!

Feb 17, 2017
i want to know about the strict medicals we do and how church got through it, talk about money for nothing

Feb 17, 2017
IJN":3n85thb4 said:
Why not E mail the club and see what answer you get?

Im not sure they would divuldge that kind of information and i would not expect them too, I would not tell someone about key decisions and how they were made in my business. From an outsiders point of view as a key part of the January transfer window in getting back up to Ryan Taylor, which we had been trying to do since August it was a poor decision to say the least. You might say hindsight is a wonderful thing, but surely that is why a club has scouts and a medical team, no doubt one of the key decisions that cost us the chance of a play off place.
Im not saying we would have been succesful in the play offs but such a poor decision for such a crucial siging is worrying, were you not disappointed with that signing Ian? If we had signed a player that just turned out not be as succesful in the team as we had hoped (ciftci) for example i could get my head around that, but for him to play about 5 minutes all season and then retire from football after the season ends is disappointing.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I didn't like the idea of him coming if I'm honest Neil, he looked like a sick note and I was right. However, the Gaffer has done so well in the market he moves in, I'm more than happy to trust him. He's found many players that I adore playing in green and I can 'forgive' him the odd Church or Paton.

Feb 17, 2017
I completely agree and had similar feelings about him myself, Adams has more than proved his ability to find players no doubt, its just a shame that at an important time paton and church were the options we went with

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Neilz5419":21x1vrhn said:
i want to know about the strict medicals we do and how church got through it, talk about money for nothing

That question as crossed my mind many times. For years the Club had a Hon orthopaedic consultant called Salz, who did such medicals, and had his name quoted in the match programmes. He made the odd mistake too, I recall. When a consultant does the job for free it is a bit rough in giving him a hard time when the new player proves to be something better than a cripple. I do not know who does the medicals these days but I would have thought a full scan on knees and ankles were de riguer to start with. These consultants all carry professional indemnity insurance but I cannot see Argyle making a claim for Church's wages when he was unavailable to play.

May 8, 2011
Quintrell_Green":2zdnu04z said:
Neilz5419":2zdnu04z said:

That question as crossed my mind many times. For years the Club had a Hon orthopaedic consultant called Salz, who did such medicals, and had his name quoted in the match programmes. He made the odd mistake too, I recall. When a consultant does the job for free it is a bit rough in giving him a hard time when the new player proves to be something better than a cripple. I do not know who does the medicals these days but I would have thought a full scan on knees and ankles were de riguer to start with. These consultants all carry professional indemnity insurance but I cannot see Argyle making a claim for Church's wages when he was unavailable to play.

This season Adams has increased the number of coaching staff mainly working on strengthening and conditioning, you may have noticed the extra people in Argyle tops on the pitch when the players are warming up.
At the Senior Greens meeting in May, Simon Hallett mentioned that increasing the number of and quality of the medical/rehabilitation staff was one of the Club’s and Adams’ priorities, it sounded like Argyle were taking advice from Exeter Chiefs.