Freddie Ladapo (signs - confirmed) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Freddie Ladapo (signs - confirmed)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Chicago Green":2a95rbgz said:
Natural reaction is to not be too excited about this guy. However, I wasn't that excited about Carey in his mid-twenties and hardly a superstar at Ross County. Ryan Taylor was pretty underwhelming at the time of signing and showed to be the key player in a promotion push to the Championship. Cov fans were indifferent about Lameiras leaving having just got relegated to L2 with them, DA found a system and position to get the best of him and he looked excellent at times.

If DA has done anything here, it is show us that we should give his signings a bit of time before we form a judgement.

That also showed with Ness.

Mar 14, 2009
Argree with QG. I remember (injury prone) Ness arriving.

He got himself injured for a spell. I watched him. Just thought he is too similar to Fox. He just looked slow and cumbersome.

Then, as he played more he suddenly just got better and better. Toums was v good, but suddenly Ness was having a impact like he was. He closed players down. Got stuck in. And showed us he has a decent left foot for shooting.

Just goes to show all players are different. Some need more time than others to settle. Sometimes itā€™s even a formation change which improves their positional influence on a game.

I just hope Ladapo gets time, like the other new players, to find their feet because it just doesnā€™t happen straight away for some.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I too have a feeling about this one ā€¦ you know, a feeling.

Ladapo - po - po push pineapple, shake a tree :scarf:
Ladapo - po - po push pineapple grind coffee!! :scarf:
To the left to the right jump up and down and to the knees
Come and dance every night sing with an Argo melody :scarf:

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":3krwbynr said:

:nworthy:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Pogleswoody":373sfkit said:

That's just terrible....... Mods - I demand Pogleswoody is banned immediately :greensmile:

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
No can do - while it was toe-curlingly bad, it was still quite funny :D

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ave_IT":3sgfbch1 said:
Pogleswoody":3sgfbch1 said:

That's just terrible....... Mods - I demand Pogleswoody is banned immediately :greensmile:

It deserves a Jannerbanner all of its own.

Nov 12, 2003
Looks like Freddie has been shown the door at just about every league club he's been at (and he's had plenty of clubs).

At 25 years old he's already had 15 clubs (most of those non-league) and seems to get shipped out in every transfer window. His best spell appears to have been for Margate in the Isthmian League ! Realistically, is he going to cut the mustard in a team trying to reach the Championship ?

Not much eveidence of this improved playing budget yet ! Still kids and rejects.

Mar 14, 2009
Neilz5419":euxqitxr said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J90pr7QFxzo

Can see why Adams likes him after watching that

The thing that really stands out is he has a physical presence. Really bulky unit. He shouldnā€™t get brushed off the ball too easily. Plus, he has a turn of speed it appears. A lot of good attributes to work on.

Feb 17, 2017
Metal_Green_Mickey":2agyghcg said:
Neilz5419":2agyghcg said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J90pr7QFxzo

Can see why Adams likes him after watching that

The thing that really stands out is he has a physical presence. Really bulky unit. He shouldnā€™t get brushed off the ball too easily. Plus, he has a turn of speed it appears. A lot of good attributes to work on.

Agree with that, looks like a strong unit that causes panic amoung centre backs, he may not win every header but itā€™s enough to get other players into the game. Not only that but like you say he has a turn of pace, I do think he will be an exciting player, he might well get his chance aswell.

Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Chicago Green":2m21lmnm said:
Natural reaction is to not be too excited about this guy. However, I wasn't that excited about Carey in his mid-twenties and hardly a superstar at Ross County. Ryan Taylor was pretty underwhelming at the time of signing and showed to be the key player in a promotion push to the Championship. Cov fans were indifferent about Lameiras leaving having just got relegated to L2 with them, DA found a system and position to get the best of him and he looked excellent at times.

If DA has done anything here, it is show us that we should give his signings a bit of time before we form a judgement.

Well said Chicago

I 100% agree.

COYG

Sep 6, 2006
twist of lime":3nzrhiyh said:
Chicago Green":3nzrhiyh said:

Well said Chicago

I 100% agree.

COYG

No Taylor was always a good signing. Just because Adams has made some good signings doesn't mean this one is. I reckon it's last chance saloon for the lad. Probably won't work but if it doesn't won't cost us much. Risk worth taking

Mar 8, 2016
lunarjetman":19750fxi said:
Looks like Freddie has been shown the door at just about every league club he's been at (and he's had plenty of clubs).

At 25 years old he's already had 15 clubs (most of those non-league) and seems to get shipped out in every transfer window. His best spell appears to have been for Margate in the Isthmian League ! Realistically, is he going to cut the mustard in a team trying to reach the Championship ?

Not much eveidence of this improved playing budget yet ! Still kids and rejects.

Exactly. I understand fans not wanting to judge before theyā€™ve seen him play, however letā€™s be honest here, this isnā€™t a proven player we are signing, this is derek Adams taking a punt, heā€™s taking a punt because thatā€™s all the budget allows. Shame really, but he can only pee with the cock heā€™s got I suppose.

justanotherfan

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I am envious of your insider knowledge of how DA works and what his budget allows. :twisted: