Freddie Ladapo (signs - confirmed) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Freddie Ladapo (signs - confirmed)

Jul 12, 2016
DA is a meticulous planner who allegedly had a list of potential targets.He must have faith in those we have signed as being the best available within our budget.
Those of us who expect higher quality signings are always going to be disappointed. I'm still bewildered that having looked for a striker for so long and knowing how critical a signing this is that Ladapo was deemed best available.Time will tell.

Mar 8, 2016
justanotherfan":32ebngj4 said:
I am envious of your insider knowledge of how DA works and what his budget allows. :twisted:

Don’t be envious, just look for the wood between the trees, it’s clear to see. However if anyone can turn a journeyman into a good player then it’s derek Adams. We’ll see.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
All together now …. Lada -po - po - po!!! :lol:

Tell you what I see, which I like. He looks like an out and out goal moocher to me, most of the passes/crosses are received on the edge of the box or inside the box. he seems to just turn/shove/foul ( :oops: ) the defender and just hits the ball as hard as he can .. under the bar and between the posts!!
Football really is a simple game you know!!

Geddon Freddie!! :scarf:

Lada -po - po - po!!! :lol:

Jul 12, 2016
Doesn't matter as long as DA thinks he's brilliant.It is ONLY his opinion that counts according to IJN on anything other post. Like Nardiello and Goodwillie!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He's the man that lives and dies by who he brings in. No matter what us fans feel, it IS his opinions that count.

I would also suggest as he has been tracking these men for over half a season, he's seen something in these players that he fancies.

We old farts can sit behind a keyboard slagging these players off, if we want, but let's face it, it's nothing more than hot air is it?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I have seen worse comments on previous club's websites regarding departing players, than those on Ladapo. He seems to have had a poor game in atrocious weather conditions and was never forgiven/reprieved. Let's hope he is shown ample opportunity to show his worth in the damp mild Westcountry in winter, rather than the freezing east coast of England.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
oldage":2g1mmub3 said:
Doesn't matter as long as DA thinks he's brilliant.It is ONLY his opinion that counts according to IJN on anything other post. Like Nardiello and Goodwillie!

Well let's be honest. It is only his opinion that counts.

You can think whatever you like, but you are not going to be making any signings for Argyle any time soon.

Aug 5, 2016
oldage":2c00uep7 said:

And... Carey, Bradley, Fox, Taylor, Threlkeld, Edwards, Matthews, Lameiras, Ness, Sarcevic etc.

May 16, 2016
Army green":11rhb8oz said:
lunarjetman":11rhb8oz said:
Looks like Freddie has been shown the door at just about every league club he's been at (and he's had plenty of clubs).

At 25 years old he's already had 15 clubs (most of those non-league) and seems to get shipped out in every transfer window. His best spell appears to have been for Margate in the Isthmian League ! Realistically, is he going to cut the mustard in a team trying to reach the Championship ?

Not much eveidence of this improved playing budget yet ! Still kids and rejects.

Exactly. I understand fans not wanting to judge before they’ve seen him play, however let’s be honest here, this isn’t a proven player we are signing, this is derek Adams taking a punt, he’s taking a punt because that’s all the budget allows. Shame really, but he can only pi$$ with the cock he’s got I suppose.

Yes, agree, I'd much rather we spent a lot more than the imaginary amount DA apportions on possible failures than we do at present. It would send out a message and make a statement of intent to the rest of the League how we mean business. Especially seeing the size of the Transfer fees our L1 opponents are throwing about.

Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth, I was referring to strikers in particular. I also agree with you IJN it just gets frustrating sometimes when you want the best for the club and a signing such as Ladapo is not what you expect. Lets hope DA can work his magic on him.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Green83":1gx5kawb said:
oldage":1gx5kawb said:

You can think whatever you like, but you are not going to be making any signings for Argyle any time soon.

Which suggests we have no opportunity to comment.

What would P@SOTI do if we had no opportunity to express our own views

:silent:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
AdelaideGreen":2jja2p4z said:
Green83":2jja2p4z said:
oldage":2jja2p4z said:

Which suggests we have no opportunity to comment.

What would P@SOTI do if we had no opportunity to express our own views

:silent:

Well that's what pasoti is for .. please do carry on … and on .. and ...on! ;)

I guess people misread things deliberately to put some heat into a chilly close season but, as you really know well, what is being said by IJN and others, is that DA is the only person employed and paid to make signings, his whole life and career might hang on the fact that The Lad Po turns up clutching a barn door in his left and a banjo in his right.

that is a fact, not an opinion. We all give our opinions, some of us (well you lot!) are wrong! :lol:

But it is just 'fun' and 'banter' not Shankly's 'life and death'.

Oct 31, 2015
Quintrell_Green":9s251944 said:
I have seen worse comments on previous club's websites regarding departing playersd.

:) :) :)

PASOTI and Mellor spring to mind.