General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries) | Page 51 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries)

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
On the laptop I get constant buffering when I try to use Chrome, but it works fine on Firefox or MS Edge.

Who knows why, but I'd try that if you've not already?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
ChepstowGreen":i21mtx18 said:
On the laptop I get constant buffering when I try to use Chrome, but it works fine on Firefox or MS Edge.

I regularly use Chrome and Firefox to watch games (depending on what machine I use) never had an issue on either.

Would be interesting to find out what apps on Chrome are blocking it.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
ChepstowGreen":2x8okip1 said:

We use laptop with chrome and always get buffering. However we go into settings on IFollow and change the quality from AUTO to 720 and since we've changed, had no issues.
Worth trying, easy to do, although have to do it every match....

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
John Cooper":2erm809f said:
ChepstowGreen":2erm809f said:

We use laptop with chrome and always get buffering. However we go into settings on IFollow and change the quality from AUTO to 720 and since we've changed, had no issues.

Thanks for the tip,

It does seem weird that they can't just get it working perfectly for everyone without having to resort to workarounds, but I will say I'm finding it a lot better than the first couple of months of the season when it really was shocking.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
ChepstowGreen":3p17okgu said:
John Cooper":3p17okgu said:
ChepstowGreen":3p17okgu said:

Thanks for the tip,

It does seem weird that they can't just get it working perfectly for everyone without having to resort to workarounds, but I will say I'm finding it a lot better than the first couple of months of the season when it really was shocking.

Once they have sent the stream out into internet land, they have no control of what happens then. Personally, I have had no issues whatsoever with any football streaming this season from any legitimate source. Is that just luck? I don't know.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Sorry to start afresh but I cannot find the main iFollw thread. I pay my 4.49 pcm and fir that I believed I get free access to the commentary. I've had problems previously but not for a long time. But today it just wouldn't play. I changed browser but no luck. At 1258 I pressed on the chat line. I was cut off four times but 5th time lucky. It told me I had no match day tickets left. So do I only get so many free audios for my 4.49? The chat line man could not fathom what was wrong but gave me an email address to try on Monday. Uts never worked on my phone but has been excellent on my laptop. So disappointed after several games with no problem.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
the broadcast shut down on me, i had to refresh and i was back in, then it happened again, and again.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I emailed them ghis morning and got a prompt and helpful response. Hopefully I'm going to be able yo listen this evening. A repeat of December 1960 with Ennis or Hardie in the Carter role.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Well that's it, goodbye iFollow. I think it's fair to say you will not be missed! Fingers crossed we will be seeing a superior streaming offering next season, though it did improve as the season went along.

Fair play to them, I've just emailed ifollow@efl.com to ensure my audio season pass is not renewed next season and had a reply within three minutes saying it was done! I've also removed all access for iFollow payments from my PayPal account to be sure.

Let's hope next season we can see a return of something worth watching on the pitch and we can all be back admiring the football at Home Park!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This season iFollow was used in the way and demand it wasn't intended for.
Previously it was setup for exiles to watch a game or some Tuesday night games for UK based fans but due to Covid iFollow was suddenly the only way anyone could watch games and the system struggled.

I'm thankful that as a ST holder I was able to watch home games and it was at least something but it was such a remote and soulless experience, the passion and thrill of a normal matchday all gone, not helped by the early season problems which were a frustrating feature of matchdays.

The new system provided by StreamAmg is used by 75% of Premier League clubs is tried and tested and we should also get pre and post match shows featuring former players. We'll have to wait and see if UK based fans can watch Saturday games.