George Cooper recall? (NO according to Lowe) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

George Cooper recall? (NO according to Lowe)

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Carlo":16e5whbv said:
demportdave":16e5whbv said:
Why would Peterborough recall Cooper, he was obviously not deemed good enough for them hence their decision to let him go to a lower League club.

They will get good money for Madison and invest some of it on a replacement for whom they will probably have a couple of possible signings in mind.

What? We literally done the same with Jephcott
Sorry, I didn’t realise we had a sell-on arrangement with Truro for Jephcott similar to what Peterborough have with us for Cooper.

Jephcott was a 19-year old kid sent out to get game time and if Rudden, Clarke, Telford, etc. had scored a few more goals he would still be down there. Cooper is 4 years older and has been allowed to go out on loan and made available for transfer.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
demportdave":153rgf0d said:
Carlo":153rgf0d said:
demportdave":153rgf0d said:
Why would Peterborough recall Cooper, he was obviously not deemed good enough for them hence their decision to let him go to a lower League club.

They will get good money for Madison and invest some of it on a replacement for whom they will probably have a couple of possible signings in mind.

Sorry, I didn’t realise we had a sell-on arrangement with Truro for Jephcott similar to what Peterborough have with us for Cooper.

Jephcott was a 19-year old kid sent out to get game time and if Rudden, Clarke, Telford, etc. had scored a few more goals he would still be down there. Cooper is 4 years older and has been allowed to go out on loan and made available for transfer.
While that's true, Peterborough usually have a high asking price for players, especially players they rate, and they definitely rate Cooper as this summer their owner said he's got the potential to be playing in the Premier League in two years.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Argy1e":2p24863w said:
demportdave":2p24863w said:
Carlo":2p24863w said:
demportdave":2p24863w said:

While that's true, Peterborough usually have a high asking price for players, especially players they rate, and they definitely rate Cooper as this summer their owner said he's got the potential to be playing in the Premier League in two years.

If he is that good why did Peterborough send him on loan to us?? He’s played decent but the Carlisle game showed that he’s no world beater - he didn’t really turn
up that day even tho most of team had an excellent game. If Peterborough want say £200k for him I don’t think he’ll be signing for us permanently at this moment in time.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Argy1e":2ldfedwn said:
demportdave":2ldfedwn said:
Carlo":2ldfedwn said:
demportdave":2ldfedwn said:

Cooper's decent at our level but no way will he play in the PL.

May 30, 2019
Posh chairman just posted on twitter that Charlton are in for Maddison. Peterborough fans response: "Recall Coops."

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Pebbles042":3ntiew75 said:
Posh chairman just posted on twitter that Charlton are in for Maddison. Peterborough fans response: "Recall Coops."
I don't think many people up there see Cooper as a replacement for Madison, even in the short term until they sign someone.

Jul 12, 2016
demportdave":2fq7489e said:
Carlo":2fq7489e said:
demportdave":2fq7489e said:

I didn't realise we had a sell on agreement with Truro for Jephcott ? Even before he was recalled he played for Wales .Why would we wish to sell him?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
tandark":5506julk said:
Herald also reporting Cooper most likely to stay with us this season.

Great news if this happens - Be good to not be being pushed into paying a transfer by Peterborough...

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Lowe said: “They can’t call him back. It has got to be a mutual agreement. They have already asked me to, and I have said no, so that’s it.

“I’m the manager and I’m telling you he’s not going anywhere in January. He is not going back to Peterborough, he’s staying at Plymouth Argyle"

Thread closed.