George Cooper | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

George Cooper

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Alan Turing":2n45uvc8 said:
Doc, I think the option was to buy him in January.

That was certainly one story that was knocking around in January but didn't Ryan Lowe or someone else at Argyle respond to that speculation by saying that it was the end of the season? Perhaps it was both/either/neither!

May 8, 2011
The Doctor":1c4djy4m said:
Alan Turing":1c4djy4m said:

That was certainly one story that was knocking around in January but didn't Ryan Lowe or someone else at Argyle respond to that speculation by saying that it was the end of the season? Perhaps it was both/either/neither!

The details are in this article by Argyle
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/decemb ... r-options/

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
HC Green":3r7r5vwl said:
The Doctor":3r7r5vwl said:
Alan Turing":3r7r5vwl said:

The details are in this article by Argyle
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/decemb ... r-options/

Thanks, although that article doesn't actually confirm anything for certain!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
ealinggreen":2mgq284l said:
Peterborough want a fee ,we will not be paying any fees. Forget Cooper and move on.

I am sure you are right although there are other possible scenarios...

Perhaps Peterborough want it to APPEAR as if they got a fee so that they don't appear weak financially in the transfer market or to their fans. Depending on the nature of his contract there, getting rid of Cooper could save them a lot of money to help cash flow and/or generate money that they need to facilitate other signings. So it MIGHT all be tactical posturing.

But the rational part of me (which is most of me) doesn't really believe that what I just wrote is true!

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Just wonder how much the loan fee was cooper
Also interesting to see that the lad has had problems up there
Also the mention of £200k
This would suggest that with a year left on his contract the fee is more likely to be under £100k I am not so sure this is dead yet it may depend on how quickly crowds are allowed back and what the gates start off like / season ticket sales

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
edengreen":1kqosd27 said:
Just wonder how much the loan fee was cooper
Also interesting to see that the lad has had problems up there
Also the mention of £200k
This would suggest that with a year left on his contract the fee is more likely to be under £100k I am not so sure this is dead yet it may depend on how quickly crowds are allowed back and what the gates start off like / season ticket sales

I'm with ealinggreen on this. I really can't see us paying an actual transfer fee that is > £0 for anyone. But an 'undisclosed fee' after lots of public posturing could hide a multitude of truths.

Aug 5, 2016
ealinggreen":38dewyy8 said:
Peterborough want a fee ,we will not be paying any fees. Forget Cooper and move on.

They might also just want him off the wage bill.

He is a player who contributed nothing for them last season who may offer to tear up his Peterborough contract if Argyle offer him similar terms. If the purse strings are tight at Posh, they will surely work on keeping their key players before worrying about Cooper. He may well be allowed to leave.

Covid has changed everything and what spare money there was won't be being spent on transfers any more. Peterborough will know this, and their situation may well be just as dire.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":2xhxi6e2 said:
ealinggreen":2xhxi6e2 said:

They might also just want him off the wage bill.

He is a player who contributed nothing for them last season who may offer to tear up his Peterborough contract if Argyle offer him similar terms. If the purse strings are tight at Posh, they will surely work on keeping their key players before worrying about Cooper. He may well be allowed to leave.

Covid has changed everything and what spare money there was won't be being spent on transfers any more. Peterborough will know this, their situation may well be just as dire.

Cooper will demand a fee, whichever team come in for him.

Jun 27, 2019
ealinggreen":2326jxhf said:

Ryan Lowe has known that all season long but it hasn't stopped him saying several times in public - including just last week in his promotion presser - that he's interested in signing him.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
I think it's best we move on. He's a good player but there are flaws in his game. All this talk of paying a fee for him is madness to me in the current economic climate. With a fully fit Fadz to come back (pending accepting our offer) I don't think we'll need Cooper.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ross":1kpziwvc said:
I think it's best we move on. He's a good player but there are flaws in his game. All this talk of paying a fee for him is madness to me in the current economic climate. With a fully fit Fadz to come back (pending accepting our offer) I don't think we'll need Cooper.

Totally agree. Better players than Cooper will be available during the summer for free. If we had to pay a fee for anybody, it’s Hardie every time. Even then, we can’t be sure he would do it in L1.

Aug 5, 2016
For all the critics of Cooper, we wouldn't have got promoted without him. Not a hope in hell. He had a spell out of the side and Argyle's form dropped dramatically until the minute he got back in the side. Even at LWB he dominated the assists. He finished in the top 3 for assists in the division despite being far from the first name on the team sheet, being rotated, both in terms of in and out the team but positionally as well.

I'd say for a lad coming in on loan he done alright. If we could find an equivalent wand at RWB we might be unstoppable.