George Cooper | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

George Cooper

Oct 8, 2005
cattedown
oldage":3vvy1vp7 said:
leedann":3vvy1vp7 said:
oldage":3vvy1vp7 said:
Can we just forget GC and move on. I can never understand this obsession with ex players. If the assumptions are true there will be plenty of good players looking for work .It will certainly be a buyers market but few clubs will be spending.

If you want to forget about ex players you are on the wrong thread.
This whole thread is about bringing back an ex player.
The obsession is with ex players who were signed on permanent contracts as against loanees but you already knew what I meant!

You are right I did know what you meant.

My so called obsession with bringing back ex players is limited to 1 player. Graham Carey who is the best Argyle player since probably Halmosi. A player who recently played for us. A player who is on a free this summer. A player who is far superior to George Cooper (who would cost money we can’t afford). A player who would thrive under this management. A player who is more available than George Cooper.

Aug 17, 2005
leedann":2sg7fve7 said:
oldage":2sg7fve7 said:
leedann":2sg7fve7 said:
oldage":2sg7fve7 said:
Can we just forget GC and move on. I can never understand this obsession with ex players. If the assumptions are true there will be plenty of good players looking for work .It will certainly be a buyers market but few clubs will be spending.

The obsession is with ex players who were signed on permanent contracts as against loanees but you already knew what I meant!

My so called obsession with bringing back ex players is limited to 1 player. Graham Carey who is the best Argyle player since probably Halmosi. A player who recently played for us. A player who is on a free this summer. A player who is far superior to George Cooper (who would cost money we can’t afford). A player who would thrive under this management. A player who is more available than George Cooper.

The last I read on the Graham Carey situation was that they were offering him a reduced wage because of the situation. Thing is if he isnt prepared to accept a reduced wage where he is would he accept the wage we offer. As there are going to be many good players on the market just dont think there is any need to break a pay structure to accomadate him.

Jul 12, 2016
leedann":2f9xddri said:
oldage":2f9xddri said:
leedann":2f9xddri said:
oldage":2f9xddri said:

Who was part of a relegation team! Who was nowhere near the player he was when he first played for us. No thanks.

Jan 27, 2012
I'd want Carey back here- he's excellent !
However, I wouldn't think that Lowe has ever seen him play- so I doubt he would be on his radar.
PS- I reckon Matty Kennedy would fit well into Lowe's system.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
gaspargomez":1n1p1v43 said:
However, I wouldn't think that Lowe has ever seen him play- so I doubt he would be on his radar.

I think MK would be useful at HP but he only signed a 3.5 year deal with Aberdeen in January 2020. Somehow, I cannot see Argyle buying him out of that contract. Aberdeen would need to give him away should they be in a financially distressed state.

Oct 8, 2005
cattedown
oldage":2nrwcjwf said:
leedann":2nrwcjwf said:
leedann":2nrwcjwf said:

Who was part of a relegation team! Who was nowhere near the player he was when he first played for us. No thanks.

Sarcevic was also poor in that relegation team under a manager who completely lost it that season.
He has probably had his best season ever under this management team. Carey would thrive in this team. I think you would be in a minority to not want him back.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
gaspargomez":2ki8s0k0 said:

I would be extremely surprised if Ryan Lowe hadn’t ever seen Carey play. If he was available and wanted to come back I’d be a lot happier having him for L1 than Cooper. Lowe might like bringing younger players on but he also generally has some older stalwarts in his side, such as Maynard and O’Shea. Might be best though, just to remember him as he was, rather than risk being disappointed if his star is waning, so to speak

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Devongreenowl":euaj04ev said:
gaspargomez":euaj04ev said:

I would be extremely surprised if Ryan Lowe hadn’t ever seen Carey play. If he was available and wanted to come back I’d be a lot happier having him for L1 than Cooper. Lowe might like bringing younger players on but he also generally has some older stalwarts in his side, such as Maynard and O’Shea. Might be best though, just to remember him as he was, rather than risk being disappointed if his star is waning, so to speak
He's definitely seen him play as GC on the pitch when RL got sent off down here

Aug 5, 2016
Ross":3p3gue9j said:
I think it's best we move on. He's a good player but there are flaws in his game. All this talk of paying a fee for him is madness to me in the current economic climate. With a fully fit Fadz to come back (pending accepting our offer) I don't think we'll need Cooper.

Why did Cooper end up at LWB in the first place?

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Knibbsworth":ar74wn92 said:
Ross":ar74wn92 said:
I think it's best we move on. He's a good player but there are flaws in his game. All this talk of paying a fee for him is madness to me in the current economic climate. With a fully fit Fadz to come back (pending accepting our offer) I don't think we'll need Cooper.

Why did Cooper end up at LWB in the first place?

MacFadzean was injured. I have Cooper starting at LWB since Morecambe at home (Thanks to GoS)