Get ready for another Lowe rumour (Bristol City) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Get ready for another Lowe rumour (Bristol City)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lowe is now favourite with Sky Bet.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I thought this was coming for Lee Johnson. Every season they seem to promise so much and they tend to fall away. I guess the owner has just lost patience. Personally I don’t think they will be interested in Lowe. The owner probably wants a manager who will give them that extra bounce next season and take them up. That said, if they were interested in him, it would probably be a no-brainer for him. Bigger club, real potential for the top flight and two hours closer to home. Another period of uncertainty for Argyle fans.

No way would Johnson come down here. There won’t be any shortage of opportunities for him in the Championship. There will be managers worrying about their position as we speak.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Mark Robbins is a far better candidate than most of the early contenders being bandied about, including Lowe.

City are looking for someone to take them into the Premiership, not get them out of League 2.

If I was a Coventry fan I might be a bit worried, especially when you compare the set up at Ashton Gate, the training ground and the backing from the owners compared to homeless Coventry who are in for a season of struggle next season just like Luton, Barnsley and Charlton are experiencing this season.

Aug 5, 2016
pastiesforlife":37fac8s5 said:
The Bristol City forum has had loads of posters wanting Johnson sacked for weeks. One Team in Bristol is pretty similar to Pasoti with lots of posters and a meltdown every time City lose. There has also been several threads about who the next manager should be. The fans most popular choices seem to be Mick McCarthy, Chris Houghton or Mark Robbins.

Only once in the past two weeks has one poster ever suggested Ryan Lowe. That was immediately dismissed by other posters as a crazy idea.

Crazy idea, appointing a highly successful candidate from lower down the food chain? Fair enough.

Hopefully they go for a boring name off the managerial merry go round, do nothing new or different and end up becoming stale as pondwater.

Aug 5, 2016
Devongreenowl":3rs718os said:
Personally I don’t think they will be interested in Lowe. The owner probably wants a manager who will give them that extra bounce next season and take them up. That said, if they were interested in him, it would probably be a no-brainer for him. Bigger club, real potential for the top flight and two hours closer to home. Another period of uncertainty for Argyle fans.

Changed your tune!

Not going to post 150 messages that Lowe will never leave in this one then?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Hughton might be a good bet. He held off from a couple of potential championship jobs last season, because he apparently wanted a Premiership position. No offers in that department so Bristol City might be an attractive project for him. Mick McCarthy would be well worth a punt at 20-1 too.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Devongreenowl":cemqfwxm said:
No way would Johnson come down here. There won’t be any shortage of opportunities for him in the Championship. There will be managers worrying about their position as we speak.
Wrong, Johnson applied for the Argyle job but narrowly lost out to Sheridan based on experience.

In the unlikely event of Argyle needing a new Manager, he would be a good shout. He is still quite young and he will bounce back in time but after what has happened at City, he is unlikely to get another Championship job next.

A gig at a good League 1 club with genuine potential could be good for him and his next employer.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Knibbsworth":378gwnp7 said:
Devongreenowl":378gwnp7 said:
I thought this was coming for Lee Johnson. Every season they seem to promise so much and they tend to fall away. I guess the owner has just lost patience. Personally I don’t think they will be interested in Lowe. The owner probably wants a manager who will give them that extra bounce next season and take them up. That said, if they were interested in him, it would probably be a no-brainer for him. Bigger club, real potential for the top flight and two hours closer to home. Another period of uncertainty for Argyle fans.

Changed your tune!

Not going to post 150 messages that Lowe will never leave in this one then?

Daft comment from you Knibbsworth. Told you a million times to stop exaggerating! All I ever said was that he wouldn’t leave for Bolton in response to your silly deafening silence posts. Bristol City is a different kettle of fish, but I don’t think they will be interested in him as I said above. I await more pearls of wisdom from you. :tumbleweed:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
If Ainsworth gets Wycombe into the Championship he will surely be in the frame.

Lowe unlikely, in my view, to be in the running for a Championship post until people have seen how he performs in League One.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
demportdave":2lpv78ce said:
Devongreenowl":2lpv78ce said:
Wrong, Johnson applied for the Argyle job but narrowly lost out to Sheridan based on experience.

In the unlikely event of Argyle needing a new Manager, he would be a good shout. He is still quite young and he will bounce back in time but after what has happened at City, he is unlikely to get another Championship job next.

A gig at a good League 1 club with genuine potential could be good for him and his next employer.

That’s going back seven years or more though Dave. I really don’t think he would consider Argyle if Lowe got his old job, which I don’t think he will. I expect City to go for an established name this time.

Jan 12, 2020
PL2 3DQ":2a1b51dh said:
Lowe is now favourite with Sky Bet.

Oh FFS, he’s only the favourite because some pessimistic Argyle fans have immediately stuck a tenner on him going there.
It’ll be a small betting pool at the moment so a few quid going on him will see him sit at the top until the real money starts up over the next few days.

May 8, 2011
Micky Mellon is the favourite for the Dundee United job so the Tranmere job could be vacant soon.