Get ready for another Lowe rumour (Bristol City) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Get ready for another Lowe rumour (Bristol City)

I’m not sure a big club with aspirations of Premier League would risk Lowe yet. He was a lower league player and so far only has a proven track record in league 2. He has no experience of Championship football let alone Premier League. If you were Bristol City would you take the risk when other managers with a proven higher league track record were available? I think the risk will come from a bigger club with potential who are languishing in League One ( like Ipswich) or a smaller championship club.
I think Lowe is a great manager but I would hope that he and others who are looking for a new manager will think that he needs a solid season in League One before his stock will be sky high and then there will be no way we’ll keep hold of him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
LeonTheGreen":1t154hkc said:
Devongreenowl":1t154hkc said:
That’s it then. Nixon has spoken :funny: :funny: :funny:

Usually spot on. Not that I think he’ll leave anyway. Just quoting what he tweeted

He’s not usually spot on. He just spouts various rumours. Some of them come off but the majority don’t.

He’s just a lazy click bait journalist.

It’s always been my understanding that few clubs of BC’s size sack a manager without having the next incumbent lined up and waiting. This makes it less likely to be RL, given his recent assurances about looking forward to honouring his contract, and would even be happy to see it extended. Looks a shoe-in for Chris Houghton to me. Ready and waiting, and highly regarded within the game.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Tugboat":22yvg9nb said:
LeonTheGreen":22yvg9nb said:
Devongreenowl":22yvg9nb said:

Usually spot on. Not that I think he’ll leave anyway. Just quoting what he tweeted

He’s not usually spot on. He just spouts various rumours. Some of them come off but the majority don’t.

He’s just a lazy click bait journalist.

Exactly. He’s a bit like some of the sly, anti-Lowe posters on here. If they speculate often enough about him leaving, one day they’ll be right. Simple.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
To summarise.

Bolton - could have taken Lowe had he been interested.

Bristol - may have better options in terms of experience and size club (Hughton, Mccarthy Jovanovic types) if Lowe had the offer from them he would probably be interested for obvious reasons.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Lansdown of Hargreaves Lansdown has all the financial muscle at Bristol City. He is too canny as an individual to 'take a flyer' on a lower league manager. He will want either a redundant manager with Premier League experience or to cherrypick a Championship manager from another club. I am inclined to look in the direction of Chris Hughton or Mick McCartney, or the ex-Fulham player and manager, who also managed Wales. It would be convenient for him geographically

Apr 5, 2008
Ignore the odds,no way they would go for Lowe with his lack of experience at that level.

Put your money on Houghton,one of the best managers at Championship level.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
LeonTheGreen":2iq3rd2x said:
Devongreenowl":2iq3rd2x said:

We all have to get the approval of DevonGreenOwl before posting, thems the rules!

Jun 27, 2019
For those saying Bristol City are unlikely to take a punt on an unproven lower league manager, that's exactly what they did when they appointed Johnson. And by the way, he'd never managed a promotion whereas RL has two.

Oct 10, 2012
WoodsyGreen":3dfemk9w said:
For those saying Bristol City are unlikely to take a punt on an unproven lower league manager, that's exactly what they did when they appointed Johnson. And by the way, he'd never managed a promotion whereas RL has two.

Don’t think you can compare the situation City were in when Johnson was appointed and now. City obviously have higher expectations to reach the Premier League now, I’m 99% sure they’ll want someone proven at Championships level.

B

Bonehead

Alan Nixon (the well respected journalist) has spoken , and Lowe will be in his beloved north west . Bye bye Rye.

May 22, 2006
Quintrell_Green":3cmseo8c said:
Lansdown of Hargreaves Lansdown has all the financial muscle at Bristol City. He is too canny as an individual to 'take a flyer' on a lower league manager. He will want either a redundant manager with Premier League experience or to cherrypick a Championship manager from another club. I am inclined to look in the direction of Chris Hughton or Mick McCartney, or the ex-Fulham player and manager, who also managed Wales. It would be convenient for him geographically

Was Lee Johnson ‘a flyer’ or was he just good mates with Lansdown’s son? He became the third longest serving Championship manager.

Chris Coleman could be an option but has had little success since leaving Wales (foundations built by Speed?).

Jankovitch could be a good option. Some believe that Hughton want a Prem club but again would be a good fit.

The most surprising thing about Bristol City given the massive investment they have received over the years (£245m?) is that that haven’t achieved an awful lot more than Argyle.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Bristol City fans have started a poll for the manager they want, Chris Hughton leads the way at 40%, there's 24 names on the list and Lowe isn't on it although the fans are talking about him.

Latest betting ...

Oct 5, 2013
cheshiregreen":115v4ocz said:
To summarise.

Bolton - could have taken Lowe had he been interested.

Bristol - may have better options in terms of experience and size club (Hughton, Mccarthy Jovanovic types) if Lowe had the offer from them he would probably be interested for obvious reasons.

Apart from the fact that RL has a contract with Argyle, which I believe he will honour.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
PL2 3DQ":8stcivaq said:
LeonTheGreen":8stcivaq said:
Devongreenowl":8stcivaq said:

We all have to get the approval of DevonGreenOwl before posting, thems the rules!

Oh, sorry about that. Singled out AGAIN. I was just expressing an opinion. Isn’t that what this forum is supposed to be all about? Maybe target some of the negative posters instead?