Gillingham v Argyle match thread | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gillingham v Argyle match thread

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We have to work so, so hard to create even half chances, all of which we miss, whilst our opponents barely have to lift a finger to create a clear cut chance, which they convert. It’s been the case all season.

May 29, 2011
Bristol
Paranoid Android":2xq0ye0q said:
Sidewinder":2xq0ye0q said:
Fornah seems to struggle to make clean contact with the ball in some games

Can you explain what you mean? I haven't seen that.

For a player who has been man of the match on a few occasions for his composed passing, I’ve noticed in the latter stage of the season and the first part of this game, his passes seem quite panicked. He seemed to ‘spoon’ a couple of attempted clearances.

P

Paranoid Android

Sidewinder":256jq9dm said:
Paranoid Android":256jq9dm said:
Sidewinder":256jq9dm said:
Fornah seems to struggle to make clean contact with the ball in some games

Can you explain what you mean? I haven't seen that.

For a player who has been man of the match on a few occasions for his composed passing, I’ve noticed in the latter stage of the season and the first part of this game, his passes seem quite panicked. He seemed to ‘spoon’ a couple of attempted clearances.

Confidence and the defence behind him.

P

Paranoid Android

Would we rather be 10th playing under Steve Evans?

I suppose it depends whether your only interested in points now, or whether you want to get there playing football in the longer term.

Oct 20, 2015
Paranoid Android":3tfsjp4h said:

I suppose it depends whether your only interested in points now, or whether you want to get there playing football in the longer term.

Yes. Or Ainsworth. I don't mind what we play as long as it gets results.

Our football under Lowe was supposed to be 'pretty' but losing 6-0 at home is never pretty.

P

Paranoid Android

slingsby_pobble":284wc3au said:
Paranoid Android":284wc3au said:

Our football under Lowe was supposed to be 'pretty' but losing 6-0 at home is never pretty.

I respect your honesty, but for me that's old Argyle, and we've never made it with Couchlan, Pulis etc...time for a new approach and a bit of long term vision.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Doncaster 0 Peterborough 4 going to the Championship in style

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
This team is crying out for some experience, strength and aggression, hopeful that we’ll get that during the transfer window.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
12 extra mins

P

Paranoid Android

PilgrimLew":mbfpo4xb said:
This team is crying out for some experience, strength and aggression, hopeful that we’ll get that during the transfer window.

Agreed.

Jan 27, 2012
Is Cooper really as good as he is made out to be ?

I preferred Palmer- more of a physical presence and better at crosses.

Oct 20, 2015
Paranoid Android":335zq8i0 said:
slingsby_pobble":335zq8i0 said:
Paranoid Android":335zq8i0 said:

I respect your honesty, but for me that's old Argyle, and we've never made it with Couchlan, Pulis etc...time for a new approach and a bit of long term vision.

I completely understand the opposing viewpoints as well. Maybe it's a bit of 'you always want what you can't have'.

In this case what we can't have is clean sheets and a bit of gamesmanship ('cheating').

Maybe it's also a bit of wanting what works in this division. We're not in the Premiership so slick-quick passing out from back isn't necessarily what is required for league one success.

I freely admit I'd also be moaning if these alternative tactics didn't work either!

Mar 27, 2008
slingsby_pobble":1w0c43td said:
Paranoid Android":1w0c43td said:

I personally wouldn’t want either of those two managing my club no matter how successful! Each to their own I suppose?