Gillingham v Argyle match thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gillingham v Argyle match thread

P

Paranoid Android

Gary Sawyers retirement has suddenly loosened his tongue :shock:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Half time .

Aug 5, 2016
Paranoid Android":2e3mdpdx said:

Unless you are listening to different commentary than me, it is Garry Nelson, not Gary Sawyer.

P

Paranoid Android

PilgrimLew":6383lgl2 said:
Paranoid Android":6383lgl2 said:
What’s been said?

He's been fairly critical of certain things, like Mayor not tracking back for the first goal. He's criticised our set pieces, especially the three free kicks. It's good to hear constructive criticism,

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
ely grap":3uo07bvl said:
slingsby_pobble":3uo07bvl said:
Paranoid Android":3uo07bvl said:
Would we rather be 10th playing under Steve Evans?

I suppose it depends whether your only interested in points now, or whether you want to get there playing football in the longer term.

Yes. Or Ainsworth. I don't mind what we play as long as it gets results.

Our football under Lowe was supposed to be 'pretty' but losing 6-0 at home is never pretty.
I personally wouldn’t want either of those two managing my club no matter how successful! Each to their own I suppose?

Lowe's trajectory at the moment doesn't bode at all well for next season, and it's not like we've been particularly good to watch either when we've been getting stuck 6-0 at home.

Steve Evans will most likely manage a team to midtable obscurity/safety again. Gillingham have never been in trouble all season.

He's an utter coin, but truth be told he is a better manager than Lowe - at the moment, at least. It's hard to imagine one of his teams ending a season with 2 wins from 16.

Oct 20, 2015
ely grap":je7ik2gy said:
slingsby_pobble":je7ik2gy said:
Paranoid Android":je7ik2gy said:

I suppose it depends whether your only interested in points now, or whether you want to get there playing football in the longer term.

Our football under Lowe was supposed to be 'pretty' but losing 6-0 at home is never pretty.
I personally wouldn’t want either of those two managing my club no matter how successful! Each to their own I suppose?

Maybe Ainsworth's been found out in Championship and his 'tactics' aren't suitable against more skilled players and and more savvy referees...? But he achieved promotion from L1 last season with limited resources.

It's an interesting argument, purist v realist maybe? Perhaps it comes down to the way the game is policed/refereed.

D

Deleted member 9145

Gary Nelson Argyle legend and top author, "Left Foot Forward" is a great read. And he's spot on , we've played some nice stuff but we need some steel and experience to progress.

Mar 14, 2009
Argyle seeing lots of the ball.

Gillingham more direct and created the better scoring opportunities. Their long throw has caused us one or two issues in particular.

Argyle neat in possession. When they get to the final third their is no end product with the final cross or pass.

Gillingham’s goal was simple. Nice ball inside. Decent cross to far post. Edwards lost his man. Again showing why the guy is a midfielder, not a full back.

The effort is there from Argyle. Unfortunately, we are just bad at both ends of the pitch.

Dec 3, 2005
Oh well - have I missed anything - forgot it was a 12 noon kick off lol

I see we have had 63% possesion that's good isnt it??

No doubt Luke will be coming on to get a 'cheap' appearance.

Hoping our 2nd half performance will be so much better then it as been most of the season.

Jul 12, 2016
slingsby_pobble":ktl91gbf said:
ely grap":ktl91gbf said:
slingsby_pobble":ktl91gbf said:
Paranoid Android":ktl91gbf said:

Maybe Ainsworth's been found out in Championship and his 'tactics' aren't suitable against more skilled players and and more savvy referees...? But he achieved promotion from L1 last season with limited resources.

It's an interesting argument, purist v realist maybe? Perhaps it comes down to the way the game is policed/refereed.
Don't particularly like Ainsworth but he nearly pulled off a great escape yesterday.