Given our current plight - Ridsdale, Yes or No? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Given our current plight - Ridsdale, Yes or No?

Given our current plight - Ridsdale, Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

Green Goblin

I'm still negative.

Has Ridsdale suddenly changed? He has a lot to prove before I welcome him with arms wide open.

Jul 29, 2010
Yes, but only because there is nothing left to steal and he's the absolute king of surviving administration. I will not fully trust him ever though, in saying that I actually trust him more than Gardiner and Todd who has absolutley no interest in football, at least Ridders is a man with football passion in there somewhere. He will at least understand our needs a bit more.

Dec 3, 2005
If I am drowning in the River Tamar, taking my last gulps of air into my lungs and Peter Ridsdale held is hand out for me to grab, I WOULD GRAB IT!!!!!

And I would thank him from the bottom of my heart, for saving me (Argyle)

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Ed":3cabslgu said:
It just isn't as simple as yes or no, I can't answer that question. If it's Ridsdale or liquidation I would just choose Ridsdale, if there is any other option though I would take that instead. I don't know if there are any other options, I don't have a clue what's going on a the club but I'd do anything to keep us away from Ridsdale other than have the club get wound up.

This.

None of us wanted to be in this position, but if he comes in for the next six months and stabilises the club then I would gladly shake his hand.

Aug 26, 2008
Guernsey
The thought of a Ridsdale/Stapleton tag team actually excites me.

Stapes, based on track record and according to auditors, knows how to run a solvent football club when he has control. Ridsdale clearly doesn't, but he has the contacts and the vision that Stapleton perhaps lacked when we were pushing for the top tier under Holloway.

If both parties can put egos aside and recognise what the other brings to the table, it could be excellent for all involved with the club.

N

newquaygreen

He can't make it any worse and maybe he might stabalise it so we can get something sorted.....Better than going bust :!:

G

Gareth Nicholson

LiskeardLooney":23ckiqh9 said:
All those saying No

Would you rather have Ridsale or no club?

Ridsdale every day for me

I dont like the guy but he knows his $hit, we may just have a chance with him.

I would, quite literally, rather have no club.

A

Anonymous

Gareth Nicholson":1ni0he9u said:
LiskeardLooney":1ni0he9u said:
All those saying No

Would you rather have Ridsale or no club?

Ridsdale every day for me

I dont like the guy but he knows his $hit, we may just have a chance with him.

I would, quite literally, rather have no club.

Really?

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
I voted yes.

Having read around the subject as best I can, trying to strip fact from rumour, I think that there is a very high risk of liquidation.

We are not a formerly big club fallen on bad times, with traditionally big crowds and the prospect of regaining past glory. Economically, now is not the time to expect a white knight. If HMRC wants to play hard ball then we will be the example.

Under normal circumstances I would not be in favour, but Ridsdale seems to be the only option, if he has the backers. I don't think we will find them anywhere else.

If Ridsdale is the only option, should we still take him? Some people are saying that he would leave us heavily in debt and facing the prospect of being wound up. Hmm, and how is that different from now?

The best argument seems to be a moral one. Going into debt and then reneging on those debts is a bad thing to do. Indeed it is. Then again, we operate under free-market capitalism. If you are prepared to deal with someone with a bad credit rating then you either charge them more, ensure CoD or you walk away.

Like I said, it depends if you believe there are other realistic options, but I can't see big investors queuing up. I think I would back most people ahead of Ridsdale, given his track record, but not nobody at all.

M

MoistVonLipwig

PilgrimTelf":3sab4c35 said:
If both parties can put egos aside and recognise what the other brings to the table, it could be excellent for all involved with the club.

If they can, I really will believe in the Tooth Fairy.

I have voted yes. Why? Because it seems that we have no other option.

I don't want Risdale anywhere near the club but there is a lot at stake here for both the club and Risdale.

If Risdale fails here, he will never get another job in football again. If he succeeds, we will all be happy.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
John_Vaughan":367em80y said:
PilgrimTelf":367em80y said:

If they can, I really will believe in the Tooth Fairy.

I have voted yes. Why? Because it seems that we have no other option.

I don't want Ridsdale anywhere near the club but there is a lot at stake here for both the club and Ridsdale.

If Ridsdale fails here, he will never get another job in football again. If he succeeds, we will all be happy.

I'm sure similar things were said at Cardiff and Barnsley. In football there is always a club stupid enough to take on a person with even the worst record. Now we are that club.

Nov 13, 2008
plymouth
No never should have been banned from football after leeds let alone letting him get involved with cardiff,you are meant to be a fit and proper person to run a football club and the riddler fails on both counts

A

Anonymous

Ed":ljbzcz2x said:
It just isn't as simple as yes or no, I can't answer that question. If it's Ridsdale or liquidation I would just choose Ridsdale, if there is any other option though I would take that instead. I don't know if there are any other options, I don't have a clue what's going on a the club but I'd do anything to keep us away from Ridsdale other than have the club get wound up.
but. There is no other option. Is there?

M

MoistVonLipwig

PilgrimTelf":33rcc7sx said:
The thought of a Ridsdale/Stapleton tag team actually excites me.

Ric-Flair-Hulk-Hogan.jpg

A

Anonymous

philking12":1hyjruq4 said:
No never should have been banned from football after leeds let alone letting him get involved with cardiff,you are meant to be a fit and proper person to run a football club and the riddler fails on both counts
who governs that criteria?