Given our current plight - Ridsdale, Yes or No? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Given our current plight - Ridsdale, Yes or No?

Given our current plight - Ridsdale, Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
dave-1975-pafc":1trb5ynp said:
philking12":1trb5ynp said:
No never should have been banned from football after leeds let alone letting him get involved with cardiff,you are meant to be a fit and proper person to run a football club and the riddler fails on both counts
who governs that criteria?

The football league I believe. Although to be honest I don't think they have ever failed anyone.

D

DBDave

As I've said before elsewhere;

"If Ridsdale is to be the messiah and not just a very naughty boy then his involvement should surely be caveated with his not recieving a penny for his efforts until all the staff etc have been paid, debts settled and we are back in a solvent trading position, with sizeable investments made in the team etc. If he succeeds then give him his rewards, but I cant see him agreeing to that anymore than I can see it being a good idea to let him be involved in the first place without such an agreement.

Now, I'm off to decide wether to stand in the camp by the rock or by the hard place.....................

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
Tavypilgrim":1wyuk049 said:
dave-1975-pafc":1wyuk049 said:
philking12":1wyuk049 said:
No never should have been banned from football after leeds let alone letting him get involved with cardiff,you are meant to be a fit and proper person to run a football club and the riddler fails on both counts

The football league I believe. Although to be honest I don't think they have ever failed anyone.

Apart from Wimbledon fans......

M

Mr Smith

All I'd say about Ridsdale is that Cardiff are currently 2nd and Leeds 4th in the championship. How much Ridsdale had to do with that isn't important.

What's important is despite his much documented failings, both clubs still exist. While without his help, we probably won't.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Chancellor":3tcbfarq said:
Its looking like a runaway victory for the Stapleton/Ridsdale axis.

I am completely dumbfounded.

Is there not enough anecdotal evidence around already about the Riddler to know what he does?

Ah yes but he did that to other clubs. Apparently because its Argyle this time everything is going to be rosy and he's going to give us lots of money. :lol: :(

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Tavy, I don't think anyone thinks he's going to 'give us loads of money'. But I'm sure as hell that we've got a better chance of getting out of our immediate predicament with him, rather than without him.

We're a ship without a rudder, without a bleedin crew for crying out loud, and it's only a matter of time before we completely break up after smashing in to another rock.

Whether it's going to happen or not, I'd rather have a capatin with a history of navigation on board than no captain at all.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Neilio":19cuxyum said:
Tavy, I don't think anyone thinks he's going to 'give us loads of money'. But I'm sure as hell that we've got a better chance of getting out of our immediate predicament with him, rather than without him.

We're a ship without a rudder, without a bleedin crew for crying out loud, and it's only a matter of time before we completely break up after smashing in to another rock.

Whether it's going to happen or not, I'd rather have a capatin with a history of navigation on board than no captain at all.

So would I!!

But Ridsdale only has a history of navigating clubs onto the jagged rocks of peril and doom. He is not a captain, he is a deckhand who enjoys playing captain.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Tavy, I completely respect your views, I do, but I think my hand is forced by, and I hate to say it as it's becoming cliched - what's the immediate alternative?

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Neilio":2hxiu1r4 said:
Tavy, I completely respect your views, I do, but I think my hand is forced by, and I hate to say it as it's becoming cliched - what's the immediate alternative?

Well it's hard to know as the board are unlikely to tell us if they considered any options other than Ridsdale.

The one thing I can be sure about is that there must be a lot of people in this country who are more capable of running a football club than he is. As far as I can see he is here to run the club possibly up until the end of the season. There has so far been no mention of him bringing anything other than himself. As far as I am concerned this is no better than the alternative of having an existing board member running the club.

You say what's the alternative, but I strongly feel that Ridsdale is not an option in the first place.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Tavypilgrim":1njtnf2g said:
Neilio":1njtnf2g said:

Well it's hard to know as the board are unlikely to tell us if they considered any options other than Ridsdale.

The one thing I can be sure about is that there must be a lot of people in this country who are more capable of running a football club than he is. As far as I can see he is here to run the club possibly up until the end of the season. There has so far been no mention of him bringing anything other than himself. As far as I am concerned this is no better than the alternative of having an existing board member running the club.

You say what's the alternative, but I strongly feel that Ridsdale is not an option in the first place.

I would happily lay money on the fact that they have tried other avenues without success. Risdsale is a last resort.
I'm sure it will be revealed later this week or next what exactly his plans are and if he's bringing someone else in. The other Board members have tried - and failed.
The other option is liquidation.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Tavypilgrim":n3iqa632 said:
dave-1975-pafc":n3iqa632 said:
philking12":n3iqa632 said:

Stephen Vaughan (ex-chairman of Chester City) is the only one I can think of - and it's the FA's fit and proper person test, not the Football League's.