Graham Carey (27.04.20 - to be released) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (27.04.20 - to be released)

Jan 2, 2019
He was bang average last season. Mayor has taken his wages and more, so it won’t happen and he appears to be a bit of a rascal off the pitch as well. Best leave him in Bulgaria.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
To say Carey didn't give 100% is quite frankly ludicrous. He was the most committed player on the pitch no matter how good/average or badly he was playing.

Aug 5, 2016
Gloucester Green":11t5jty0 said:
Carey thought he was better than the club and didn't get the kind of offer he thought he would hence the move to Sofia

Rates himself too highly

All conjecture.

Perhaps he left because the atmosphere at Home Park had become toxic, he was offered a far better financial package and was presented with an exciting football challenge.

If you every feel like Carey was in any way overrated, the highlights are there on YouTube. No Argyle player in decades has contributed so many stunning take-your-breath-away moments as him. He came from Scotland and at the end of 4 years had a reputation for the extraordinary that fans all across the Football League had heard of.

Also before accusing him of running away, remember when he signed that second 2 year contract that no-one predicted he would accept. Insiders said he had offers from Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

Jul 12, 2016
themightykeithfear":2fesvibk said:
Gloucester Green":2fesvibk said:
Carey thought he was better than the club and didn't get the kind of offer he thought he would hence the move to Sofia

Rates himself too highly, is inconsistent and doesn't deserve a place back in the Green and white for his lack of commitment, passion and fight when their backs were against the wall

Glad he's found the level he believed he was worth

Garbage , Carey always gave 100%, he cared too much sometimes hence his disciplinary record. Moved to secure his family's future which we would all do. Best midfield player in a green shirt I've seen, well Keith Fear notwithstanding !

Carey did not always give 100% and when the chips were down was as guilty as his team mates of letting us down. Best midfield player in a green shirt you have seen! You must have starting supporting Argyle within the last 5 years!

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Odd attendance figures for CSKA Sofia.

Soccerway shows home attendances have varied between a meagre 750 up to 14,000 this season, and tbey are the best attended team (on average) in the league.

Perhaps Carey is attracted to the prospect of European football?

oldage":1sslxf5a said:
loveargyles":1sslxf5a said:
oldage":1sslxf5a said:
Let's not forget Carey was part of the team which got us relegated!

As was sarcevic. And people want him made captain.

Carey is a special player, and would easily be the best player in our squad if he were to return(which I don’t think he will)

Slight difference, Sarcevic decided to stay and fight to get us back up, Carey jumped ship.

I'm probably wrong here..but here's my tuppence worth on Sarce...I think he tried too hard last season and maybe thought he was in the shadow of Carey. He was/is a good player and we're seeing the best of him now. He's certainly stepped up and gives 100% for the team. He has become a great player with good guidance from RL in my opinion. Let's hope he gets the 10 goals asked for from RL, and more...

Jul 12, 2016
themightykeithfear":1ydjnsmo said:
oldage":1ydjnsmo said:
themightykeithfear":1ydjnsmo said:
Gloucester Green":1ydjnsmo said:

Rates himself too highly, is inconsistent and doesn't deserve a place back in the Green and white for his lack of commitment, passion and fight when their backs were against the wall

Garbage , Carey always gave 100%, he cared too much sometimes hence his disciplinary record. Moved to secure his family's future which we would all do. Best midfield player in a green shirt I've seen, well Keith Fear notwithstanding !

Carey did not always give 100% and when the chips were down was as guilty as his team mates of letting us down. Best midfield player in a green shirt you have seen! You must have starting supporting Argyle within the last 5 years!

He might have been inconsistent particularly last season but he always always gave 100% , and youtube his goals and tell me any Argyle midfielder who has scored a quarter of goals of that quality, and I've been watching Argyle for 52 years
We all have an opinion but last season I felt he gave up. It might be that he got frustrated with his below par team mates but he certainly did not give 100% all the time .Accrington away?

Mar 29, 2011
oldage":1gcdh5dp said:
themightykeithfear":1gcdh5dp said:
oldage":1gcdh5dp said:
themightykeithfear":1gcdh5dp said:
Gloucester Green":1gcdh5dp said:

He might have been inconsistent particularly last season but he always always gave 100% , and youtube his goals and tell me any Argyle midfielder who has scored a quarter of goals of that quality, and I've been watching Argyle for 52 years
We all have an opinion but last season I felt he gave up. It might be that he got frustrated with his below par team mates but he certainly did not give 100% all the time .Accrington away?

He was one of less than a handful of players that day, who was visibly hurt by the performance. 8 players turned and headed to the kick off for the goals, his body language showed very much that he cared. Performance and work rate are not necessarily linked.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
German Shepherd":u70oiiw5 said:
To say Carey didn't give 100% is quite frankly ludicrous. He was the most committed player on the pitch no matter how good/average or badly he was playing.

Agree with this.

And to suggest he "jumped ship" is absurd, given he renewed his contract after 2 fantastic seasons with us. He showed us great loyalty to stick with us for 4 years.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Really??

I’d stick him easily in the top 20 of any Argyle player I’ve ever seen.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
One of my absolute favourites.

Great player in his own right, but the symbolism of having an all-scoring, all-creating best-in-the-league number 10 after years of administration, kids, loanees and Chadwicks and Feeneys, was fantastic. Seeing a player like that with an Argyle badge on his chest after all that felt amazing, AND he cared.

Jul 12, 2016
SwimWithTheTide":2p6a3x5w said:
German Shepherd":2p6a3x5w said:

Agree with this.

And to suggest he "jumped ship" is absurd, given he renewed his contract after 2 fantastic seasons with us. He showed us great loyalty to stick with us for 4 years.

Like I said all about opinions.I agree that apart from last season he was some player but personally I preferred Lameiras last season.To me it seemed Carey's mind was elsewhere.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Biggs":b2fc15cs said:
One of my absolute favourites.

Great player in his own right, but the symbolism of having an all-scoring, all-creating best-in-the-league number 10 after years of administration, kids, loanees and Chadwicks and Feeneys, was fantastic. Seeing a player like that with an Argyle badge on his chest after all that felt amazing, AND he cared.

100%, totally, without a shadow of a doubt, this.

Jul 12, 2016
IJN":1vi1ce4x said:
Really??

I’d stick him easily in the top 20 of any Argyle player I’ve ever seen.
Probably I would have too but not based on last season's performances