Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed)

Jun 27, 2006
Plymouth
One of the greatest entertaining players I have seen at Argyle. Up there with Norris, Buzsaky and Halmosi in the years I have been going. They moved on and now has GC. A new chapter at Argyle awaits...Thanks for everything Graham, you are one of the reasons my young son became an Argyle fan.

Mar 21, 2006
LOVED watching him. Gutted.

Good luck G and thanks for everything - if things don’t work out give Ryan a ring....

:nworthy: :nworthy:

Aug 11, 2013
Trying to soften the blow by convincing myself we saw his best years which are now behind him. Hope his contract is one that provides a bit of security going into the autumn years of his career and wish him all the very best. Thanks for some fantastic memories GC10.

Think the Bulgarian league is already started hasn’t it? If the stats I saw are right they only get 11000 gates? Thought they were bigger than that? Perhaps I landed on wrong stats ?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
gosisapilgrim":3gttnci0 said:
One of the greatest entertaining players I have seen at Argyle. Up there with Norris, Buzsaky and Halmosi in the years I have been going. They moved on and now has GC. A new chapter at Argyle awaits...Thanks for everything Graham, you are one of the reasons my young son became an Argyle fan.

Totally agree. He’s been one of Argyles best ever players imo. Gutted to see him go... best of luck GC10 hope you get some game time and not do an Oscar...

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Good player there is no doubt, but his standards dropped last season for me, his reckless nature cost us in games we could or should have got points from (Coventry away still sticks in my throat).

His goalscoring record and assists show his value, but he is not irreplaceable, we wish him well, we had his best years, unless Bulgarian referees are different to the rest in Mainland Europe, his tackling will need to change or he'll spend more time suspended than playing!

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Good luck to him, we were lucky it lasted so long. He will be missed.

Look forward now to a replacement who is as exciting and the youngsters in particular, can have a new hero.

Sep 2, 2008
Voice_of_Reason":2tkcd97g said:
Good player there is no doubt, but his standards dropped last season for me, his reckless nature cost us in games we could or should have got points from (Coventry away still sticks in my throat).

His goalscoring record and assists show his value, but he is not irreplaceable, we wish him well, we had his best years, unless Bulgarian referees are different to the rest in Mainland Europe, his tackling will need to change or he'll spend more time suspended than playing!
I felt the same. He certainly wasn't the player last season that we saw in his first couple of years. For me, last season, he was playing as if he was ready for a move and had grown tired of playing for Argyle. Thanks for the early years but I reckon it's the right time for him to move on.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Pottypilgrim":3owsqana said:
Voice_of_Reason":3owsqana said:

I felt the same. He certainly wasn't the player last season that we saw in his first couple of years. For me, last season, he was playing as if he was ready for a move and had grown tired of playing for Argyle. Thanks for the early years but I reckon it's the right time for him to move on.

Oooh. I think that’s a bit mealy mouthed. On the day of his leaving shouldn’t we reflect on the whole. Scientists could write peer reviewed academic papers that prove with laser guided accuracy that Carey has been one of the finest, most committed and impactful Argyle players of the last 20 years years. That’s all we need to say today isn’t it?

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
Sad to see him leave but, looking on the bright side, at least we won't have to worry about him coming back to haunt us with another team.

Good luck, GC10 and thanks for the many happy memories. :scarf:

Lesmin

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
Know it was going to happen but still gutted. Wishing you all the best GC10 and thank for the memories

Jan 2, 2019
I only saw him last season after moving from London but based on what I saw he was bang average. Nothing special about him.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I reckon I got my moneysworth out of him over the years. As promised here is the :nworthy: that I owe you.

Be careful over there, that painting behind you has a hint of Ghostbusters II about it! :shock: