Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed)

D

Darren Stoneman

Saw a few good games and a number of poor, can we better spend the money of course we can, move on and up!

May 22, 2006
Been going to Argyle for over 50 years. Would certainly have him in the top five 'entertainers' in that time - somebody having the ability to do something that team mates could not do. Best player since Akos.

Good luck to him in Sofia.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
As I've said before, a real shame and wish him well.

This kind of reinforces the feeling that this will be a new Argyle.

The second former Pilgrim to go on to play for CSKA Sofia in recent years.

Sep 7, 2006
I was able to watch him live a few times and his innate skill was something I don't think you come across very often in League One/Two. At his best, he really ooozed quality. No point dwelling now on what aspects of his game we didn't always love; today's a day for simply saying 'thank you'.

Looking ahead, and putting the most positive spin on it that I can, with GC10 off the wage bill, I hope we can pack a punch when it comes to competing for some new, exciting players.

Mar 14, 2009
Just like to say Thank you to GC10 for all the amazing moments he gave us.

Great goals, assists and wonderful magical moments of skill.

He has given us, as fans, so much pleasure because of his great abilities. I’m gutted we won’t see him under Lowe. He is far too good for L2 and under a more attacking style of manager l think it could of been a bit special.

Anyhow, hope he earns the money he deserves. He has given us after all four great years.

Jul 9, 2016
Sad to see him go but great move for him. They challenge for the league and cup every season and he will get to play in European cups, I'd love that as a player.
They love a red card over there though, hold on to yer knee caps GC10!!!

Thanks for the goals and the memories, especially that move against Portsmouth :scarf:

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Ah well, sorry to see him go and I suspect any hope we had in him renewing his contract went out the window with the relegation. Thanks for the memories GC10 :nworthy:

Initially surprised by his choice of CSKA but if has been mentioned, that his family enjoy visiting Bulgaria, then it makes more sense. Apart from the challenge of playing in a foreign country (yes, I know he's Irish) I have not got a clue what top league clubs in Bulgaria pay but, if he is on similar wages as he was getting here, he will get a lot more for his money as cost of living is so much cheaper.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Let's not forget the impact Derek Adams has had on Carey's career. He was drifting before he signed for Argyle, playing as a left back or winger, Adams coached him into a playmaker and one of the best lower league players.

Jan 18, 2007
Argyle were here before GC10 and we we definitely be here afterwards let's not forget he was one of the players that went into hiding last season. If they dont want to be here the do one, end of.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
chichestergreen":2vopubu4 said:
Argyle were here before GC10 and we we definitely be here afterwards let's not forget he was one of the players that went into hiding last season. If they dont want to be here the do one, end of.

:facepalm:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
How crass that someone could infer ",do one" after the entertainment and 4 years GC has given us.
Not quite in my all time Argyle greats simply because he operated at a lower level than many but it's all relative and in terms of being a memorable player he is right up there for me. As an exile I don't get to so many games now but was lucky enough to witness live 'that' goal at Blackpool and the Messiesque piece of skill and then the free kick equaliser against Pompey. I wish him well in the next chapter in his career.