Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed) | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed)

Mar 8, 2016
Best player we’ve had in a long time. Sad to see him leave but what an opportunity for him to play there. Hope he does well. Thanks for the memories Carey. Argyle legend.

Mar 8, 2016
Just read that Carey was offered an improved deal to his last one so fair to say argyle have tried. CSKA must have given him a very good deal. Fair play to him.

Sep 3, 2009
gosisapilgrim":2itz3en8 said:
One of the greatest entertaining players I have seen at Argyle. Up there with Norris, Buzsaky and Halmosi in the years I have been going. They moved on and now has GC. A new chapter at Argyle awaits...Thanks for everything Graham, you are one of the reasons my young son became an Argyle fan.

An excellent player, no doubt. Sad to see him go.

Not in the same frame as the likes of Norris etc for me. They weren't far off getting us into the Championship play-offs; Carey has just been an integral part of a dismal relegation back to League Two.

Good luck in Bulgaria.

Wexford Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
✅ Evergreen
Jan 20, 2005
Ballygarrett, County Wexford, Ireland
Thanks Graham for some great moments in a green shirt. I hope CSKA Sofia works out for you and your family. If you're ever back in Dublin give me a prod and I'll buy you a well deserved beer :greensmile:

Mar 5, 2012
chichestergreen":x3q2vd6w said:
Argyle were here before GC10 and we we definitely be here afterwards let's not forget he was one of the players that went into hiding last season. If they dont want to be here the do one, end of.

Ohhh you again, not surprised by the rubbish you spout once again.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
chichestergreen":3bjg0i8l said:
Argyle were here before GC10 and we we definitely be here afterwards let's not forget he was one of the players that went into hiding last season. If they dont want to be here the do one, end of.

Not true based on any match I saw, always put in the effort even when things weren't working out for him. A class player.

C

Cult Of Personality

Makes the bench in my all time Argyle side due to Norris Hamolsi and Buz playing at a higher level.

Will be sad not to see the next bit of Carey magic next season but who knows we might just get someone better

Apr 29, 2016
IJN":1ni402kq said:
We don't like 'I told you so' on here Phil, :greensmile:

Writing was in the wall really, when I was told they love Bulgaria for their holidays it didn't look hopeful.

Oh well, Rubes and GC10 gone, Lowe's got to find some flair players for us to fill those boots for us.

Sad day, but he's not getting any younger and he had to have a punt didn't he.

He was certainly our talisman for the Adam's years.

Those that are frequently wrong tend not to! :lol:

My point was not to blow my own trumpet for being right, as I’m frequently wrong, but it was a response to the individual who slated me for using the word “apparently” in the original post.

Long live GC10 though who will be one of my modern day Argyle heroes. I just wish that some would not give him compliments on one hand followed by a swipe at him for his inadequacies last season on the other. A poor season from him is an average to good season from many others.

Mar 14, 2009
There is no doubt he takes a good free kick at goal, he is beautifully balanced on the ball when dribbling and has a great shot on him.

Last season though I did feel his crossing was very poor. For a player Adams played out wide I just felt more time than not his set pieces into the box (not directly at goal) and his crossing was poor for a player of his quality. Thats why I said in another thread that GC10 I felt was much better for us when played down the middle.

Dont get me wrong we have lost a brillant player, one of our best. He will be hard to replace. Yet I do wonder at times how many set piece situations and situations from open play out wide where we could of benefited with someone who was more consistent with their crossing.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Gutted the time has finally come for him to move on, I'm glad however that he won't be able to come back and haunt us playing for another English club.

Thanks to GC10 for a wonderful 4 years service, all the best on your next venture in Sofia.

Dec 13, 2004
A lower league superstar on his day, but for every belter how many free kicks did he waste? Argyle all time great? Really? Good luck Graham hope it all goes well for you in Bulgaria.

Jun 15, 2013
So this is the end of our journey on Mayflower.
Farewell GC10, I will miss you.
All the best on your future.