Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed) | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed)

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Enjoyed some great moments of magic during his stay. He was always going to move on one day.
Wish him well at Sofia.

Now we need to let the management team get on with their task in hand - building the foundations of a new team for the future.

No point in dwelling on the past.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Wolves_Green":15eca5rq said:
A lower league superstar on his day, but for every belter how many free kicks did he waste? Argyle all time great? Really? Good luck Graham hope it all goes well for you in Bulgaria.

Check out CR7's free kick ratio :)

Argyle all time great - he'd certainly be in my squad.

Jul 7, 2008
Plymouth/Bristol
100% an all time great. Showed us loyalty when many wouldn’t, and has given some of the best goals and moments I’ve seen from an Argyle shirt. A wonderful player.

Good luck, and hopefully see you scoring a pearler against Arsenal etc in the Europa League soon.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Graham, thank you.

I wish you all you would wish for yourself.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
I can’t believe some of the negative comments about Carey. Yes, last season he struggled, but let’s be honest, messi would of struggled playing in front of that defence. He probably covered more yards in every game than every other playing with the amount of tracking back he had to do. He got petulant but probably through a build up of frustration witnessing what was going on around him. I’m gutted he has gone but can’t blame him for taking up a great opportunity. :sad:

Apr 30, 2011
Shame he has left but it is a great opportunity for him and I feel maintaining his wages in L2 would be difficult and even devisory with players like Ladapo and RL (if he stays) asking for parity based on last season's performances. Best player at HP for years and will live long in the memory for some of the amazing goals he scored and skills he showed plus a tremendous work rate.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
A massive loss for us, but a huge opportunity for Graham to be playing in Europe that is impossible to pass up. Given the choice, I'm sure most players would choose Europa League over English Division Four.
It's a shame for us but also a massive opportunity to get a new midfield in place with, presumably, a reasonable amount of budget freed up by Graham's decision.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Of all the goals and assists,one of my favourite bits of carey magic was the pass with the outside of his left boot straight through the middle for reuben reid to score in the devonport end,pure class,legend indeed.

Jul 29, 2010
Penmaster":3lvt2219 said:
Shame he has left but it is a great opportunity for him and I feel maintaining his wages in L2 would be difficult and even devisory with players like Ladapo and RL (if he stays) asking for parity based on last season's performances. Best player at HP for years and will live long in the memory for some of the amazing goals he scored and skills he showed plus a tremendous work rate.
Maintaining?, the offer was 'improved' terms. Given the lengths we went to to secure him two years ago his proportion of the budget this time round would be even more huge. Lameiras has gone and Freddie has a year to run so there's no imbalance with our other 'stars' next season.

By having Carey's wedge back in the budget it leaves scope for offering good money for good new players and the potential for an improved new contract for Freddie if/when we click into gear under Ryan Lowe and Freddie can see we're going places again.

I don't like either but a) football clubs are businesses and b) footballers hold all the cards. Players come and players go, 'tis the nature of things. The practicalities for the business of this move is far greater flexibility and scope for recruitment, the practicalities for Carey are it's his last big contract and he's done what he feels he needs to do.

So long Graham, thanks for your service. A fantastic talent.

The show goes on though and I don't necessarily see this as being a disaster, it puts funds in the pot to improve the whole squad. And ultimately it is the whole squad, the whole team, that we support and that we want to succeed.

Aug 5, 2015
Yes he was a good player but he was in some pretty average squads. You wouldn’t put him in the same class as Mariner, Rafferty, Tynan, Norris, Nalis or Buzacky just to mention a few. He’s definitely one of our top 100 players but let’s not get carried away here. Anyway good luck Graham.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd put GC10 alongside Lilian and Buzz any time. In my opinion he was up there with them.

It's all about opinion after all said and done. You could argue that it is easier to play alongside players like those two had than what Graham's had to cope with.

I'll say it again, that goal at Blackpool was out of this world. The 40 yarder v Millwall wasn't hard bad either.

Aug 5, 2015
To be sure it is all about opinions but it’s difficult to equate someone whose never played in the Championship, or equivalent, with those that did. Anyway we’ll see how he gets on in Europe. I hope it works out for him.