Grimsby game Postponed - confirmed | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grimsby game Postponed - confirmed

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Always disappointing that a game is called off but safety is vital and the positive is that hopefully we'll have more of the squad to choose from for the more of the season.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Unfortunate that it had to be called off, but safety first. On the plus side a great time was had by all at the Fans Fest and the subsequent entertainment from Black Jack Davey. Great to see a number of Grimsby fans in there who seemed to be enjoying themselves and making the best of it. Well done and thanks to the GTs for a great afternoon :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's a shame all the Remembrance activities, banner and poppy shirts were wasted, I suppose the Bradford game will be too late to hold marks of respect?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PL2 3DQ":36kvb9te said:
It's a shame all the Remembrance activities, banner and poppy shirts were wasted, I suppose the Bradford game will be too late to hold marks of respect?

Well I don't see why we should 'Remember' for only one week a year!? :think:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pogleswoody":1y0mxso9 said:
PL2 3DQ":1y0mxso9 said:

Is that one of your 'funny' posts? I'm not sure.

Of course we should remember all year but in the football world it's one game a season.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":2xsxb01i said:
Both clubs might wait on the FA Cup results before deciding on a new date for the game.
Grimsby are at home to Newport in the cup, if both Argyle and Grimsby are knocked out of the cup then a Saturday on 30th November would be better than a Tuesday game.
I guess Tuesday 19 November will be kept free for potential FA Cup replays.

It would be nice if the club donated the cooked food and pasties to a local homeless shelter.

They have it seems

https://twitter.com/ChrisErrington1/sta ... 37504?s=19

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
I agree we are a tin pot club and deserve to be fined at least £1m.

How dare we be located where the storm was at its worst. How dare we cancel a game when the safety of players and supporters are at risk.

I vote from now on we decide on cancelling games only based on the conditions elsewhere in the country. Only now shall we postpone a game when at least 50% of other games in the country are off. The fact we are at an extremity and more exposed than most clubs shall be deemed irrelevant.

The timing of the announcement needs to be looked at, but until we understand when the issue (a) occurred and (b) was identified will I get grumpy.

May 16, 2016
oldage":14u5olum said:
Apologies. It seems Argyle did everything in the morning to try to get the roof inspected and repaired. Took a long time because of all the authorities involved.

That's the benefit of hindsight and facts.

Didn't that possible scenario make it's way onto social media ? I've seen rubbish online including suggestions that people should be fired to claims of a lack of even the minimum effort in building upkeep.

It seems the ability to take a step back and consider things has been denied access to a keyboard.

Feb 23, 2008
soccerpilgrim":pzkh6tdo said:
Guiri Green":pzkh6tdo said:
I genuinely can't remember the last time the Weather cancelled a game. I was there when one was abandoned, it must be bad there for that to happen.

I remember a postponed game against Crystal Palace, but that was over 10 years ago now. I think the only one more recently than that at Home Park was the abandoned Barnsley game.

Wasn't there a midweek game against Preston postponed around the same sort of timescale as the Palace one too?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
chunkymonkey78":1kdhiur6 said:
soccerpilgrim":1kdhiur6 said:
Guiri Green":1kdhiur6 said:
I genuinely can't remember the last time the Weather cancelled a game. I was there when one was abandoned, it must be bad there for that to happen.

I remember a postponed game against Crystal Palace, but that was over 10 years ago now. I think the only one more recently than that at Home Park was the abandoned Barnsley game.

Wasn't there a midweek game against Preston postponed around the same sort of timescale as the Palace one too?
Preston was postponed on 28th December 2005 (Palace was January 2009) and played on 7th March 2006.
Earlier that season our home game against Leicester was abandoned.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PL2 3DQ":2y53ban7 said:
Pogleswoody":2y53ban7 said:
PL2 3DQ":2y53ban7 said:

Is that one of your 'funny' posts? I'm not sure.

Of course we should remember all year but in the football world it's one game a season.

Serious post (I know it's hard to tell! :oops: )

But why can't we remember at a game 12 days after 11/11 instead of 9 days before 11/11?

Dec 13, 2004
Just back from the West Country where I barely stepped out the door, no Argyle no beach but never mind. Maybe an omen but as a wee laddie I remember the Bristol City home game being called off first time around in the Dave Smith promotion season and look how that worked out in the the rearranged fixture, even Tommy Tynan was in attendance yesterday, a sign surely.