Grimsby game Postponed - confirmed | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grimsby game Postponed - confirmed

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I guarantee that... especially on social media... a lot of the people criticising Argyle for being tinpot etc, are the same people who were shouting loudest for the Liverpool cup money to be spent on players. Of course, that money largely went to infrastructure and maintenance. You can’t have it both ways.

Embarrassing that we’re the only club to have a postponement this weekend, but it’s one of those freak things that happens.

Jul 13, 2006
mervyn":3mqh6icw said:
Anyone know what happens if I can’t make the replay. Will I get a refund?

No you will get a "credit note". If you can't make the rescheduled game it's tough.
New club policy-"run by money-grabbers for money- grabbers".

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
This postponement might work out for us.

1). The extremely harsh weather would have affected the crowd numbers so playing midweek will be negligible on attendance.

2). We have a chance to get some key players back fit (Telford, Baxter and Conor Grant)

3). The scores so far seem to be kind on us with Crewe drawing, Exeter and Cheltenham losing.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Early reports from first structural engineers on the scene are apparently saying that this can in no way be blamed on Ryan Lowe and is much more likely to be a legacy of the previous managers hoof all policy where too many balls were hoofed up onto the roof. Yay for tippy tappy football :scarf:

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
oldage":quz4frby said:
GreenThing":quz4frby said:
oldage":quz4frby said:
phil-thefluter24":quz4frby said:
So if it happened over night why has it taken so long to make a decision???
Good question. Argyle can't be blamed for the extreme weather but if the roof was damaged during the night seems a long time to assess the safety implications.

Would you go on the roof in this weather, in the dark to assess the damage? FFS, any excuse to have a pop a the club.
Nobody is having a pop at the club. As I have already said you can't blame them for the weather but leaving an announcement until the afternoon means a lot of fans who have to travel are on their way to HP. I wasn't aware if stayed dark in Plymouth longer than the rest of the UK!

Didnt really think that last line through did you :facepalm: :lol:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I expect a hefty fine for PAFC.

Jon B telling the Herald that bolts sheared in the wind. Good quality, good condition, tight bolts don't shear because there are no weak points and no movement. Obviously must be a dodgy bolt or two because Argyle will have had the condition of the horseshoe roof checked during the summer won't they?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Both clubs might wait on the FA Cup results before deciding on a new date for the game.
Grimsby are at home to Newport in the cup, if both Argyle and Grimsby are knocked out of the cup then a Saturday on 30th November would be better than a Tuesday game.
I guess Tuesday 19 November will be kept free for potential FA Cup replays.

It would be nice if the club donated the cooked food and pasties to a local homeless shelter.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
JannerinCardiff":1gg0eb1o said:
This postponement might work out for us.

1). The extremely harsh weather would have affected the crowd numbers so playing midweek will be negligible on attendance.

2). We have a chance to get some key players back fit (Telford, Baxter and Conor Grant)

3). The scores so far seem to be kind on us with Crewe drawing, Exeter and Cheltenham losing.

Now Newport and Crewe losing...

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
foreigner":16v563g0 said:
mervyn":16v563g0 said:
Anyone know what happens if I can’t make the replay. Will I get a refund?

No you will get a "credit note". If you can't make the rescheduled game it's tough.
New club policy-"run by money-grabbers for money- grabbers".

No ... if you can make the rescheduled game you can use the ticket you've got.
If you can't make the rescheduled game you'll get a credit note for another Argyle home game between now and May.
You bought a ticket for an event that didn't take place ... yet.
Who is 'grabbing your money' here?? :think:
Should I phone the rozzers for you!! :-C :lol:

Aug 5, 2015
If you care to look at the statement issued by the club you’ll see that the roof and whole ground were safety checked in the summer and stringent tests were passed. Meanwhile throughout various parts of Southern England trees have come down, trains cancelled, roofs blow off, ferries halted etc etc. In fact the sea front at Lyme Regis was closed as a roof was ripped off a shelter. Meanwhile people in Plymouth are moaning, for a change, because a football game was cancelled!

Jul 12, 2016
Apologies. It seems Argyle did everything in the morning to try to get the roof inspected and repaired. Took a long time because of all the authorities involved.

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
Kentishgreen":3s70i0kj said:
If you care to look at the statement issued by the club you’ll see that the roof and whole ground were safety checked in the summer and stringent tests were passed. Meanwhile throughout various parts of Southern England trees have come down, trains cancelled, roofs blow off, ferries halted etc etc. In fact the sea front at Lyme Regis was closed as a roof was ripped off a shelter. Meanwhile people in Plymouth are moaning, for a change, because a football game was cancelled!
This

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
oldage":251oylml said:
Apologies. It seems Argyle did everything in the morning to try to get the roof inspected and repaired. Took a long time because of all the authorities involved.

Fair play to you for this post.