Grimsby game Postponed - confirmed | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grimsby game Postponed - confirmed

Jun 2, 2016
So does it mean that whenever the forecast is for winds over, say, 65mph on game day, games get postponed automatically as there may be damage before or during the game?
Or is it the case that the stadium should be able to handle 65mph winds, and the maintenance and checks have not been done properly?
Either way, questions to be answered.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Why do people use things like this as a stick to beat the club with? I don't understand it.

May 16, 2016
the_corkscrew":uh37lxfe said:
So does it mean that whenever the forecast is for winds over, say, 65mph on game day, games get postponed automatically as there may be damage before or during the game?
Or is it the case that the stadium should be able to handle 65mph winds, and the maintenance and checks have not been done properly?

Also, I've seen no Risk Mitigation for an unmanned Ice Cream Van suffering brake failure outside the Life Centre and then rolling out of Control down the slope towards the Devonport Steps.

Too right questions need answering. We need to hang the blame on someone for exceptional Weather conditions.

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
monkeywrench":3m0xwxib said:
Why do people use things like this as a stick to beat the club with? I don't understand it.

Looking for any reason to have a pop.

I've travelled down from London for this one today, I'll be as frustrated as anyone.

But...there's nothing you can do about weather like this.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
the_corkscrew":18kpkpqb said:

Why does blame culture always have to be used?
Unfortunately these things happen from time to time with adverse weather like this.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
the_corkscrew":2ztucfn1 said:

What a stupid and ridiculous statement, where’s the cock of the week Janner banner as this post deserves it.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Game off just received text from club

Mar 8, 2016
Yeah argyle can’t take the blame for poor weather conditions. Bad weather like this causes damage, unfortunately on this occasion it’s to the stadium. It is what it is I’m afraid.

May 16, 2016
I genuinely can't remember the last time the Weather cancelled a game. I was there when one was abandoned, it must be bad there for that to happen.