Grimsby game Postponed - confirmed | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grimsby game Postponed - confirmed

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
oldage":2k92n0u5 said:
GreenThing":2k92n0u5 said:
oldage":2k92n0u5 said:
phil-thefluter24":2k92n0u5 said:
So if it happened over night why has it taken so long to make a decision???
Good question. Argyle can't be blamed for the extreme weather but if the roof was damaged during the night seems a long time to assess the safety implications.

Would you go on the roof in this weather, in the dark to assess the damage? FFS, any excuse to have a pop a the club.
Nobody is having a pop at the club. As I have already said you can't blame them for the weather but leaving an announcement until the afternoon means a lot of fans who have to travel are on their way to HP. I wasn't aware if stayed dark in Plymouth longer than the rest of the UK!

As we are so far west, sunrise is actually later than most of the rest of the UK.

Jul 12, 2016
Emu":67tvsb6y said:
GreenThing":67tvsb6y said:
oldage":67tvsb6y said:
phil-thefluter24":67tvsb6y said:
So if it happened over night why has it taken so long to make a decision???
Good question. Argyle can't be blamed for the extreme weather but if the roof was damaged during the night seems a long time to assess the safety implications.

Would you go on the roof in this weather, in the dark to assess the damage? FFS, any excuse to have a pop a the club.

Exactly. Doesn't take oldage much to have a pop at anything mind you.
Only agreeing with phil-thefluter24.Trouble is some fans will not accept any form of criticism or opinion.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
On a day of disappointments, I guess one positive is that this was a really good test for the entire cladding on the new grandstand, one that could not be replicated artificially?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":8worx91f said:
Dont rise to it Oldage as you say to some the club is totally above any criticism !!

Can you explain why the club should be criticised for this?

H

home@homepark

On the plus side it gives those players coming back from injury and nearing a first team return some extra time and maybe be at the managers disposal for the rearranged fixture

Sep 13, 2003
Wonder how the roof got damage? Did Lowe organise midweek shooting practice for our strikers? :D

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I blame Ryan Lowe's tactics, a club mole told me he has heard him saying in training all week Raise the Roof lads!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Was parked up having driven down from darkest Exeter. Only checked Sky for postponements, blissfully unaware of Ryan Lowe’s wind problems. Should have checked the website before setting off. I still blame Ryan Lowe and his ‘tippy tappy’ football. :tumbleweed:

Aug 5, 2015
I see on another thread that rail services have been disrupted due to fallen trees. I expect that’s someone’s fault as well.

Apr 5, 2008
Amazing that a game called off,gets more comments than if the game had been played and Argyle were winning,then your lucky if it gets to 3 pages :facepalm:

Dec 3, 2005
Pluses:
No moaning fans
No crap music
Argyle didn't lose
We didn't concede
We didn't get wet
:) looks all good :)

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Just overtaken a PC Coaches of Lincoln coach full of Grimsby fans heading back up the A38. Makes me feel a bit better. Poor sods must have left at 6am, possibly earlier