Grimsby game Postponed - confirmed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grimsby game Postponed - confirmed

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Can’t believe it’s taking so long to announce the game is off on official site, ball boys have had a text saying game off so why no update from the club!

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Guiri Green":v3tcq761 said:
I genuinely can't remember the last time the Weather cancelled a game. I was there when one was abandoned, it must be bad there for that to happen.

I remember a postponed game against Crystal Palace, but that was over 10 years ago now. I think the only one more recently than that at Home Park was the abandoned Barnsley game.

Jul 12, 2016
phil-thefluter24":29wh1mwh said:
So if it happened over night why has it taken so long to make a decision???
Good question. Argyle can't be blamed for the extreme weather but if the roof was damaged during the night seems a long time to assess the safety implications.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
David Friio's mate":1np946cv said:
monkeywrench":1np946cv said:
Why do people use things like this as a stick to beat the club with? I don't understand it.

Looking for any reason to have a pop.

I've travelled down from London for this one today, I'll be as frustrated as anyone.

But...there's nothing you can do about weather like this.

Some 'fans' are pathetic.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
oldage":13mh250x said:
phil-thefluter24":13mh250x said:
Good question. Argyle can't be blamed for the extreme weather but if the roof was damaged during the night seems a long time to assess the safety implications.

Would you go on the roof in this weather, in the dark to assess the damage? FFS, any excuse to have a pop a the club.

Dec 3, 2005
It's OFF - get over it

No need to try scoring points and accusing the Club of all sorts.

All go shopping with the Wife now lol

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
An afternoon with Jeff Stelling.

The club are in a no win situation. If they'd have cancelled it first thing some fans would have moaned that there's 7/8 hours to kick off couldn't they try and do something. The club would have looked at everything to try and get the game on.

For the geeks amongst us the damage can be seen on webcam 2 on the development site. Just stare at the roof in block 19 and you'll see daylight appear when the wind gusts.

Camera 2

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
GreenThing":1wnpkn2f said:
oldage":1wnpkn2f said:
phil-thefluter24":1wnpkn2f said:

Would you go on the roof in this weather, in the dark to assess the damage? FFS, any excuse to have a pop a the club.

Exactly. Doesn't take oldage much to have a pop at anything mind you.

Jun 27, 2019
Just been up to the ground. The wind is horrendous when it picks up, it really wouldn't have been much of a game.

Shook hands with Tommy Tynan and Ronnie Mauge in the shop, so some consolation.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Any truth in the rumour I'm hearing that a couple of players damaged the roof because they didn't want to play in these conditions, especially after last Saturday? :whistle:

Jul 12, 2016
GreenThing":rdwrn6m0 said:
oldage":rdwrn6m0 said:
phil-thefluter24":rdwrn6m0 said:

Nobody is having a pop at the club. As I have already said you can't blame them for the weather but leaving an announcement until the afternoon means a lot of fans who have to travel are on their way to HP. I wasn't aware if stayed dark in Plymouth longer than the rest of the UK!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010