Have another look! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Have another look!

Mar 21, 2013
You pop on to have a read of what is meant to be a ‘positive’ thread & it’s the same old people being miserable & negative about a team they apparently support, & not just a post or 2, no, they have to take over the thread repeating themselves over & over again. Of course then they usually play the ‘poor old me’ card, “it’s just my opinion”, “you don’t have to read it”, “block me”, “I’m just being realistic/honest/unbiased & everyone is a green tint” etc, pick one.

The problem is you’re never going to get through to these people, their aim is to suck the life out of a thread under the impression that they’re just being honest, it’s their opinion but you can’t have yours, & you can’t disagree with how utterly miserable they’re always being but they sure as hell can tell you to stop being so positive. If they at least showed some flexibility in their mood I’d get it but constantly being negative about everything & they have to repeat it over & over & over again, in every thread. It goes beyond the argument that it’s a forum & that’s what you’re meant to do, be miserable & try to bring everyone down with you?!

Anyway that’s my post for awhile, going to go before the worst one of them all comes along.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
saxman":309qdu02 said:
Daz":309qdu02 said:
Just to add i think DM has massively under performed with regards to end product since joining us, but that was quality.

I'm not sure 'massively' is fair. As we've said before, Lowe was over the top in presenting DM so we expected too much. I think that he keeps improving since he's no longer getting physically assaulted every match. Sometimes he is guilty of over-elaborating things but when he starts running at defenders with the ball he's the most exciting player in the team.

He doesn’t score anywhere near enough or set up enough for the positions he gets himself in. Yes, he is exciting but we need the end product. Hopefully that will come. :thumbup:

Jul 14, 2008
At the end of the day I watch football for the enjoyment. And i really enjoy watching Mayor play football. Simple as that for me.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":tl9eijwq said:
saxman":tl9eijwq said:
oldage":tl9eijwq said:
Pogleswoody":tl9eijwq said:
'Mayor happened to be the player immediately in front of the guy who slipped .....'

:lol:
That's it, you show your ignorance by laughing. The guy who slipped was a metre behind Mayor so are you suggesting he got caught up in his jetstream ? Another deluded fan who has jumped on the " We love Mayor" bandwagon. He is one of the most over rated and underachieving players I have seen in over 55 years supporting Argyle. A one trick pony.

by oldage
» 28 Oct 2020 16:38

saxman wrote: Mayor feinted to go back inside and then turned away, the defender bought the dummy, tried to change direction and slipped over. Subtle, brilliant and effective and ending in a great pass for the goal.

:funny:
Fair point.

So, did Saxman then label you? Ignorant? Deluded?
Another 'fair point' for you non-mate! ;)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The defender should be well embarrassed to have got his feet in a mess from a bit of skill that Danny Mayor probably learnt when he was 10.

There was another attempt in this game by DM to bamboozle a defender, but confused himself and the ball went out for a goal kick off his other shin. He should be as embarrassed as the defender was for that one.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Another referee who doesn't understand the soul of football.

Aug 14, 2014
If one looks at the camera footage from behind the goal it seems apparent that the defender floundered on the area of the pitch that Mayor had run over and performed his direction changing chasse' on. What skill, technique and quick thinking to loosen the surface of the pitch as a means of making an opponent ineffective. In some 60 years of playing or watching football I have never seen this before (not even on the screen). Perhaps some of Mayor's detractors can review the footage and give him the high praise he deserves for this. Though I suppose it could be somehow construed that Mayor is somewhat agricultural and not blessed with a lot of finesse.
:) :)

Jul 7, 2005
Lundan Cabbie":4jyk59v0 said:
The defender should be well embarrassed to have got his feet in a mess from a bit of skill that Danny Mayor probably learnt when he was 10.

There was another attempt in this game by DM to bamboozle a defender, but confused himself and the ball went out for a goal kick off his other shin. He should be as embarrassed as the defender was for that one.

I really don't know why you bother with us Elsie.

Nothing our team does or our fans say seems to impress or please you.

Maybe we are not worthy?