Have another look! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Have another look!

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Daz":yhuvg2qc said:
Just to add i think DM has massively under performed with regards to end product since joining us, but that was quality.

I'm not sure 'massively' is fair. As we've said before, Lowe was over the top in presenting DM so we expected too much. I think that he keeps improving since he's no longer getting physically assaulted every match. Sometimes he is guilty of over-elaborating things but when he starts running at defenders with the ball he's the most exciting player in the team.

Aug 5, 2016
oldage":2ky6ajd6 said:
Z
Knibbsworth":2ky6ajd6 said:
oldage":2ky6ajd6 said:
IJN":2ky6ajd6 said:
He 'slipped' eh?

You should have gone to Specsaves Oldy! :twisted:

MVxd6r5.gif
I still do not see it. The player is behind Mayor who is twisting and turning but lost his footing. The pitch ,wrong studs maybe but to applaud Mayor is unbelievable.

Mayor approached the ball with a body position that he was going to take it back away from the opposition goal and find a safe backward pass.

Defender observes this so shuffles over to get nice and tight to the retreating Mayor.

Mayor was only joking, cancels the first touch, uses the pace of the ball and sprints in opposite direction.

Defender who was all prepared for the going backwards idea is all at sea, tries to follow but his shoulders and feet can't turn 90 degrees that quickly.

Mayor is gone and sets up Jephcott for the opener with the freedom of Central Park to pick out a teammate.

This is why it was worthy of applause and not just a standard slip due to the "wrong studs" on the day.
All this to justify one moment in a game :facepalm:

One moment you are putting down to luck via a poor choice of footwear.
One moment which directly created a goal in a 2-1 win.
One moment that was worth 2 points to Argyle.
One moment you are determined to give Danny Mayor zero credit for.

Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth":1yj3u3ra said:
oldage":1yj3u3ra said:
Z
Knibbsworth":1yj3u3ra said:
oldage":1yj3u3ra said:
IJN":1yj3u3ra said:
He 'slipped' eh?

You should have gone to Specsaves Oldy! :twisted:

MVxd6r5.gif
I still do not see it. The player is behind Mayor who is twisting and turning but lost his footing. The pitch ,wrong studs maybe but to applaud Mayor is unbelievable.

Mayor approached the ball with a body position that he was going to take it back away from the opposition goal and find a safe backward pass.

Defender observes this so shuffles over to get nice and tight to the retreating Mayor.

Mayor was only joking, cancels the first touch, uses the pace of the ball and sprints in opposite direction.

Defender who was all prepared for the going backwards idea is all at sea, tries to follow but his shoulders and feet can't turn 90 degrees that quickly.

Mayor is gone and sets up Jephcott for the opener with the freedom of Central Park to pick out a teammate.

This is why it was worthy of applause and not just a standard slip due to the "wrong studs" on the day.
All this to justify one moment in a game :facepalm:

One moment you are putting down to luck via a poor choice of footwear.
One moment which directly created a goal in a 2-1 win.
One moment that was worth 2 points to Argyle.
One moment you are determined to give Danny Mayor zero credit for.
Mayor happened to be the player immediately in front of the guy who slipped so I would not give him zero credit and on this rare occasion it led to a goal. If this was a more regular occurrence I could understand the adulation.

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody":2owj7edt said:
'Mayor happened to be the player immediately in front of the guy who slipped .....'

:lol: :funny: :lol:
That's it, you show your ignorance by laughing. The guy who slipped was a metre behind Mayor so are you suggesting he got caught up in his jetstream ? Another deluded fan who has jumped on the " We love Mayor" bandwagon. He is one of the most over rated and underachieving players I have seen in over 55 years supporting Argyle. A one trick pony.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":3uqg3qdj said:
Pogleswoody":3uqg3qdj said:
'Mayor happened to be the player immediately in front of the guy who slipped .....'
That's it, you show your ignorance by laughing. The guy who slipped was a metre behind Mayor so are you suggesting he got caught up in his jetstream ? Another deluded fan who has jumped on the " We love Mayor" bandwagon. He is one of the most over rated and underachieving players I have seen in over 55 years supporting Argyle. A one trick pony.

'Ignorant' 'deluded'??
Right back at you mate. Right back at you! :lol:
I've done 56 years too, so entitled to a different opinion without being denigrated by a 'fellow fan' don't you think?? :think:

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody":3ordzgqp said:
oldage":3ordzgqp said:
Pogleswoody":3ordzgqp said:

'Ignorant' 'deluded'??
Right back at you mate. Right back at you! :lol:
I've done 56 years too, so entitled to a different opinion without being denigrated by a 'fellow fan' don't you think?? :think:
Firstly I am not your mate and would not wish to be. Of course you are entitled to an opinion as indeed I am, so why take the mic?

Jul 12, 2016
Lustymike9":3073sw6j said:
Regarding Argyle what actually floats your boat Oldage ? Just saying like.
Players who wear the shirt with pride and deliver.

Jul 12, 2016
GTTB Resurgam":2z734hr5 said:
Wow, there are some miserable buggers on here. Wasn't the most scintillating bit of skill you'll ever see but Danny has still done him a kipper there. Cheer up and support our players FFS.
I will always support our players and will praise them when it is warranted.However "I don't go with the flow" for the sake of it.
I still don't understand why anybody who dares to give a different view is accused of being miserable?

oldage":2r96d2j1 said:
GTTB Resurgam":2r96d2j1 said:
Wow, there are some miserable buggers on here. Wasn't the most scintillating bit of skill you'll ever see but Danny has still done him a kipper there. Cheer up and support our players FFS.
I will always support our players and will praise them when it is warranted.However "I don't go with the flow" for the sake of it.
I still don't understand why anybody who dares to give a different view is accused of being miserable?

You're entitled to your opinion, I don't particularly care. You do you.

I only skimmed through the thread and in my opinion it comes across pretty miserable.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
oldage":7amif4ym said:
Pogleswoody":7amif4ym said:

:lol: :lol:

by oldage
» 28 Oct 2020 16:38

saxman wrote: Mayor feinted to go back inside and then turned away, the defender bought the dummy, tried to change direction and slipped over. Subtle, brilliant and effective and ending in a great pass for the goal.

:funny:

Jul 12, 2016
saxman":29ag21pj said:
oldage":29ag21pj said:
Pogleswoody":29ag21pj said:

:lol: :lol:

by oldage
» 28 Oct 2020 16:38

saxman wrote: Mayor feinted to go back inside and then turned away, the defender bought the dummy, tried to change direction and slipped over. Subtle, brilliant and effective and ending in a great pass for the goal.

:funny:
Fair point.