Have another look! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Have another look!

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Carey was part of the team that got relegated right?
Then he left yeah?
But Mayor uprooted, came to Argyle when other, bigger clubs were knocking, got promoted and is still our best creative outlet?
Have I got all that right? Just checking like

Aug 14, 2014
Mayor's balance and ball control certainly left the defender floundering, his feign and movement seem to be predetermined.
Both short clips suggest that as he was shaping to control the ball he did not seem able to see the position and the late change in the angle of approach by the defender. The defender made a major error in changing his angle of approach, probably in order to tackle, he should have kept himself between Mayor and the goal, a simple matter had he maintained his original angle of approach.
I am Mayor supporter.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There was another special 'see ya later' moment from Mayor last season, away at Crawley I think. It was right on the touchline.

It would be difficult to decide who is the best from Mayor, Lameiras and Carey. I think Carey was the more all rounder of the three - able to play in several positions, workrate, technique, more end product and goals.

Aug 5, 2016
oldage":3bnrlbm7 said:
IJN":3bnrlbm7 said:
He 'slipped' eh?

You should have gone to Specsaves Oldy! :twisted:

MVxd6r5.gif
I still do not see it. The player is behind Mayor who is twisting and turning but lost his footing. The pitch ,wrong studs maybe but to applaud Mayor is unbelievable.

Mayor approached the ball with a body position that he was going to take it back away from the opposition goal and find a safe backward pass.

Defender observes this so shuffles over to get nice and tight to the retreating Mayor.

Mayor was only joking, cancels the first touch, uses the pace of the ball and sprints in opposite direction.

Defender who was all prepared for the going backwards idea is all at sea, tries to follow but his shoulders and feet can't turn 90 degrees that quickly.

Mayor is gone and sets up Jephcott for the opener with the freedom of Central Park to pick out a teammate.

This is why it was worthy of applause and not just a standard slip due to the "wrong studs" on the day.

Jul 12, 2016
IJN":ca6sle61 said:
Which ever way you swing, what a wonderful thing to be able to do, debate who was the best number 10 over the last 4/5 years.

I think Carey was better for our team fractionally as he was very consistent and scored more but when Mayor is on it, he is sublime.

Yes, end of debate,truce called. We have differing opinons about Argyle but at the end of the day we are ALL passionate about the club and want it to do well. :thumbup:

tonsk

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Knibbsworth":3avdzcyr said:
oldage":3avdzcyr said:
IJN":3avdzcyr said:
He 'slipped' eh?

MVxd6r5.gif
I still do not see it. The player is behind Mayor who is twisting and turning but lost his footing. The pitch ,wrong studs maybe but to applaud Mayor is unbelievable.

Mayor approached the ball with a body position that he was going to take it back away from the opposition goal and find a safe backward pass.

Defender observes this so shuffles over to get nice and tight to the retreating Mayor.

Mayor was only joking, cancels the first touch, uses the pace of the ball and sprints in opposite direction.

Defender who was all prepared for the going backwards idea is all at sea, tries to follow but his shoulders and feet can't turn 90 degrees that quickly.

Mayor is gone and sets up Jephcott for the opener with the freedom of Central Park to pick out a teammate.

This is why it was worthy of applause and not just a standard slip due to the "wrong studs" on the day.

Exactly as I saw it. Even Byron changed direction thinking it was coming back to him.

The guy has such good close control.

Thankfully, he went on to control it and put in the cross. Unlike the few other occasions where he seems to have tourets of his foot and pushes it out of touch or too far in front of him.

Sublime and frustrating all in one go.

tonsk

Jul 12, 2016
Z
Knibbsworth":1nricwxr said:
oldage":1nricwxr said:
IJN":1nricwxr said:
He 'slipped' eh?

MVxd6r5.gif

All this to justify one moment in a game :facepalm:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
This is the epitome of: How full is your glass?

Carp defender slips over: glass half empty.

Mayor's sublime skill dumps a pro footballer on his 'arris: glass half full.

My glass is well supplied thanks. Cheers Danny. Cheers all! :stout:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
oldage":tz6vd7u0 said:
Z
Knibbsworth":tz6vd7u0 said:
oldage":tz6vd7u0 said:
IJN":tz6vd7u0 said:
He 'slipped' eh?

MVxd6r5.gif

All this to justify one moment in a game :facepalm:

The reason is your argument is ridiculous. He didn't just slip over, if he was nowhere near the ball and turned and fell over it would be a slip, but he fell because Mayor twisted him inside out. I'm not sure how you can see it any different.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Just to add i think DM has massively under performed with regards to end product since joining us, but that was quality.

Sep 6, 2006
As often the reality is in the middle. OK Mayor has flummoxed the defender with his twist. However it was hardly Cruyffesque. Pretty embarrassing for a professional footballer to be done so easily. Im sure Moore would have had words. Who was it? Wonder if he plays on Saturday!

Jul 12, 2016
Penlee":3pcx84pi said:
Anyone who says that fall is nothing to do with Mayor is either barking mad or has an agenda

Not barking mad or having an agenda just a different viewpoint.
Surely this has been discussed enough now. It's history.