Home Park Redevelopment | Page 93 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
The biggest factor for me in all this planning is the fact the grandstand will be small and never expanded. And if the plans go ahead then I can see the ground never expanding beyond the current plans. Why oh why limit the possibility of further potential and realistic expansion?

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
Whichever way you look at it in comparison to other clubs. The grandstand currently being offered lacks ambition, and it was lack of ambition that was the crucial key in the beginning of the end resulting in our current perilous state.

By that I mean, just when we were on the verge of challenging for the Premiership we bottled it and refused to buy the final pieces of the jigsaw required I.e a few more class players. Of course all the board mismanagement followed but it is the lack of ambition and foresight that has consistently held back both the club and city (e.g half built shopping centre)

Any commercial venture needs a successful football club with ambition, surely JB & Akkerron cannot fail to see that their current plans leave the vast majority of us totally uninspired.

We must maintain pressure for a rethink before we are stifled into remaining a lower league club by this ill thought proposal

Dec 2, 2005
London
Manchester Green":3fmx8kc4 said:
I would sooner we were in the Championship like Peterborough, so let's build a replica of Peterborough's stand, because it's good enough for them so it must be good enough for us.

Is that really the extent of your argument?

Nah, Crawley are going places. We should knock down Home Park and build a stadium like theirs! :funny:

Dec 3, 2005
LostPilgrim":2caut09o said:
Manchester Green":2caut09o said:
I would sooner we were in the Championship like Peterborough, so let's build a replica of Peterborough's stand, because it's good enough for them so it must be good enough for us.

Is that really the extent of your argument?

Nah, Crawley are going places. We should knock down Home Park and build a stadium like theirs! :funny:

Sssssssh JB may hear you.

Dec 7, 2006
Just out of interest, who's likely to have the cruddiest ground in L2 next season. I don't do away games so am in no position to offer a nomination.

Apr 15, 2008
London
FordGreen":3tmtothg said:
Just out of interest, who's likely to have the cruddiest ground in L2 next season. I don't do away games so am in no position to offer a nomination.

Cue the theme tune from Steptoe and Son...

St%2BJames%2BPark%2B2.jpg

N

NZGreen

FordGreen":1uuwzc27 said:
100 pages up. Well done that man.