Home Park Redevelopment | Page 91 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Jun 16, 2006
dunlop":2wlfde35 said:
Where is the television gantry going in the new stadium, this in a modern stadiums is an important bespoke area built into one side of the ground.

Good spot sir.
There are limited facilities for media in the basement but no commentary or press points in the seating areas.
Few more to be knocked off the capacity total.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Stuart_C":3dw17xeb said:
dunlop":3dw17xeb said:
Where is the television gantry going in the new stadium, this in a modern stadiums is an important bespoke area built into one side of the ground.

Good spot sir.
There are limited facilities for media in the basement but no commentary or press points in the seating areas.
Few more to be knocked off the capacity total.

No commentary or press points ?
:sigh: ' state of the art' on what planet ?
On top of all the other underwhelming revelations.
It just sucks.
Not in my name.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
ghost of hughie reed":2w6vq7t5 said:
Quintrell_Green":2w6vq7t5 said:
Will the wooden dug outs complement the Stand, or vice versa? I expect PCC will cover this major design issue at the planning application stage!
I expect they have to go after all you wouldn't want them dwarfing the stand.

I lolled

Jun 16, 2006
ghost of hughie reed":23p9a4r7 said:
Quintrell_Green":23p9a4r7 said:
Will the wooden dug outs complement the Stand, or vice versa? I expect PCC will cover this major design issue at the planning application stage!
I'm guessing the gaps either side of the tunnel are supposed to house seating in place of dugouts.

The artist impression is unclear as it shows no dugouts and misleading as it shows advertising hoardings in front of the stand. As for the first row of seats waist level will be at pitch level these would have to be pretty short (or the supporters darned tall)

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
ghost of hughie reed":20ul7utl said:
Quintrell_Green":20ul7utl said:

but they will add an extra 20+ seats! maybe they will be pulled down for exceeding the "new" height limits

Jun 16, 2006
graiser":2dblvim5 said:
Some of the posters on here already have their head in the clouds so no point increasing the height of anything , they're already up there.

Thanks for the bump.

Good point about the height of the stand. Shirley (sic) if they want to promote the corporate area for confrernces and weddings especially it needs to have a view southwards towards The Sound rather than into the wall of the Ice Rink (even if it does have golden arches)?

Dec 29, 2010
Meanwhile the hotel will have, to quote the Herald, lovely views over Central Park. Presumably to the south east and east. It just gets worse.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not sure how it will all work. Will the new stand have full conference and banqueting facilities above what we can cater for now? Will the hotel be competing for this with the football club with their own conference facilities?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Stuart_C":17hxi3n9 said:
graiser":17hxi3n9 said:
Some of the posters on here already have their head in the clouds so no point increasing the height of anything , they're already up there.

Thanks for the bump.

Good point about the height of the stand. Shirley (sic) if they want to promote the corporate area for confrernces and weddings especially it needs to have a view southwards towards The Sound rather than into the wall of the Ice Rink (even if it does have golden arches)?

But isn't the point of having conferences etc at a football stadium to have the view looking out over the pitch and stands? That would be the draw to bring people in, not a view over the city. Surely, I mean Shirley.

Or am I talking nonsense?

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
monkeywrench":wev35iel said:
Stuart_C":wev35iel said:
graiser":wev35iel said:

Thanks for the bump.

But isn't the point of having conferences etc at a football stadium to have the view looking out over the pitch and stands? That would be the draw to bring people in, not a view over the city. Surely, I mean Shirley.

No I think you are spot on. Views of the pitch is a big plus in my opinion.

Jun 16, 2006
derbygreen":1bdy8vw1 said:
monkeywrench":1bdy8vw1 said:
Stuart_C":1bdy8vw1 said:
graiser":1bdy8vw1 said:

Thanks for the bump.

No I think you are spot on. Views of the pitch is a big plus in my opinion.

The views of the pitch are guaranteed Shirley, but view's of the horseshoe are hardly going to attract non-Argylites.

Views towards the south may do..

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Conference/ meeting facilities should overlook the pitch.

I conducted a training course once at White Hart Lane's Trophy Room which adjoined one of the executive boxes.

The course was well attended although not I suspect anything to do with what I was talking about. Afterwards we went into the executive box to watch a reserve match.

I would hope that the new stand would have a decent restaurant that would overlook the pitch and be open every day.