Home Park Redevelopment | Page 92 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
R

RedGreen

In this "state of art" stadium will there be video screens at either end and electronic clocks?

R

RedGreen

Pafcintheplace":1gs8sd69 said:
PAFC is a family club RedGreen, if you want one of those I suggest you look elsewhere

Oh ok, let's keep up the "backwater, country bumpkin image to the rest of the world" it is then and keep pointing at the skies when we see aeroplanes!

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
RedGreen":33qap674 said:
Pafcintheplace":33qap674 said:
PAFC is a family club RedGreen, if you want one of those I suggest you look elsewhere

Oh ok, let's keep up the "backwater, country bumpkin image to the rest of the world" it is then and keep pointing at the skies when we see aeroplanes!

Well you won't see any landing a Plymouth :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
RedGreen":39gn0zox said:
Pafcintheplace":39gn0zox said:

Jumbotrons at £1m each.

Yeah, of course we'll have some.

:facepalm:

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Stuart_C":36kjlpji said:
derbygreen":36kjlpji said:
monkeywrench":36kjlpji said:
Stuart_C":36kjlpji said:
Some of the posters on here already have their head in the clouds so no point increasing the height of anything , they're already up there.

Thanks for the bump.

Good point about the height of the stand. Shirley (sic) if they want to promote the corporate area for confrernces and weddings especially it needs to have a view southwards towards The Sound rather than into the wall of the Ice Rink (even if it does have golden arches)?

But isn't the point of having conferences etc at a football stadium to have the view looking out over the pitch and stands? That would be the draw to bring people in, not a view over the city. Surely, I mean Shirley.

Or am I talking nonsense?

No I think you are spot on. Views of the pitch is a big plus in my opinion.

The views of the pitch are guaranteed Shirley, but view's of the horseshoe are hardly going to attract non-Argylites.

Views towards the south may do..[/quote]

Completely disagree Stuart. If you were in, say bristol for a conference, surely you'd rather be in one with a view over ashton gate, than a non-descript hotel in the centre? I think it'll appeal to not just Argyle fans but sports fans in general and probably interest non sports fans alike.

Having a view also towards the coast would be an added bonus, that's all. IMHO

Jun 16, 2006
monkeywrench":ymcb4zpm said:
Completely disagree Stuart. If you were in, say bristol for a conference, surely you'd rather be in one with a view over ashton gate, than a non-descript hotel in the centre? I think it'll appeal to not just Argyle fans but sports fans in general and probably interest non sports fans alike.

If you were in Bristol you would see red seats, in Plymouth green.

Would you rather see Ashton Gate than the SS Great Britain or Clifton? Really??

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Stuart_C":2uk3hklh said:
monkeywrench":2uk3hklh said:

If you were in Bristol you would see red seats, in Plymouth green.

Would you rather see Ashton Gate than the SS Great Britain or Clifton? Really??

Yes Stuart, I think I would.

As an aside, is there anywhere in Plymouth that does have decent conference facilities, along the same sort of scale as those proposed at HP?

R

RedGreen

IJN":1m3yv1fd said:
RedGreen":1m3yv1fd said:
Pafcintheplace":1m3yv1fd said:

Jumbotrons at £1m each.

:doh:
I never said that i would build a state of the art stadium commensurate with competing in the Championship, JB did, or words to that effect, this is the one and only chance to get it right!
:banghead:

RedGreen":17z7wmew said:
IJN":17z7wmew said:
RedGreen":17z7wmew said:
Pafcintheplace":17z7wmew said:

Jumbotrons at £1m each.

:doh:
I never said that i would build a state of the art stadium commensurate with competing in the Championship, JB did, or words to that effect, this is the one and only chance to get it right!
:banghead:

Didn't James Brent also say that everything within the stadium footprint would generate revenue for Argyle?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
graiser":1neor85a said:
Good enough for Bournemouth but not for us ? and what makes us so special ?

"AFC Bournemouth plan stadium expansion after promotion

Promoted League One club Bournemouth are set to expand their stadium ahead of next season's Championship campaign.
Their ground currently holds less than 10,000 and only has three stands, but chairman Eddie Mitchell says they plan to build a new 4,000-seat stand."

That new stand is behind the goal, where there is currently an empty space, it's not a 'grand' stand. We are currently building the main focal point of our ground to be slightly bigger than a quick behind the goal jobbie.

And Graiser, if you're looking at Bournemouth (league position is temporary) as a club to aspire to, then we may as well give up. 20-30 years ago, Portsmouth and Southampton were our equals/rivals, then recently Cardiff, Bristol City and Swansea, now apparently it's Exeter City and Bournemouth. How much lower is our ambition going to get? If Truro build a 3,000 seat stand will you be saying 'if it's good enough for them...'??

Nov 8, 2010
If that's the sort of argument that the pro-grandstand group - "it's OK for Bournemouth, so it's OK for us" - then I think it's case closed.

Nov 8, 2010
I would sooner we were in the Championship like Peterborough, so let's build a replica of Peterborough's stand, because it's good enough for them so it must be good enough for us.

Is that really the extent of your argument?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
graiser":xe6kxkot said:
Biggs":xe6kxkot said:
graiser":xe6kxkot said:
Good enough for Bournemouth but not for us ? and what makes us so special ?

"AFC Bournemouth plan stadium expansion after promotion

Promoted League One club Bournemouth are set to expand their stadium ahead of next season's Championship campaign.
Their ground currently holds less than 10,000 and only has three stands, but chairman Eddie Mitchell says they plan to build a new 4,000-seat stand."

That new stand is behind the goal, where there is currently an empty space, it's not a 'grand' stand. We are currently building the main focal point of our ground to be slightly bigger than a quick behind the goal jobbie.

And Graiser, if you're looking at Bournemouth (league position is temporary) as a club to aspire to, then we may as well give up. 20-30 years ago, Portsmouth and Southampton were our equals/rivals, then recently Cardiff, Bristol City and Swansea, now apparently it's Exeter City and Bournemouth. How much lower is our ambition going to get? If Truro build a 3,000 seat stand will you be saying 'if it's good enough for them...'??

I know one thing I'd sooner be in Bournemouth's position right now.

Obviously. But league position is absolutely irrelevant when planning a facility for the next 50 years. Peterborough are two leagues above us, Yeovil could be two leagues above us, Stevenage as well. Means absolutely nothing in terms of size of club and ambitions for the future