How Long Til We're 500-1 For The Playoffs This Season | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How Long Til We're 500-1 For The Playoffs This Season

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Betvictor offering 8/1 for us to beat Barnsley Tuesday. Just thrown a tenner down the toilet at it.

Apr 5, 2008
dazzy3000":13nkrod4 said:
Betvictor offering 8/1 for us to beat Barnsley Tuesday. Just thrown a tenner down the toilet at it.

Wow that’s huge ,trouble is we know how Adams will set the team up for that game.Doesnt work as we can’t defend for toffee.

So he might as well go for an attacking line up,and press high up the pitch,then we have a chance.

But he won’t do that will he :facepalm:

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Getting close to having a bet. I assume the bet to avoid is automatic as we certainly cannot expect that kind of miracle. So the obvious bet is top half and one for play offs?

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I think you have to be wildly optimistic to go for top six however tempting the odds …………………. but top half with so much of the season still left must be well worth serious consideration now.

My argument is that we still have the core of the team that went on that fantastic run last season – albeit injuries keeping some out at the moment. So if we assume a) Injured players return in good time, b) The defence gets sorted to some level of competence and c) There is nothing ‘going on’ we don’t know about – ie DA hasn’t lost the dressing room - then 17/1 looks mighty tempting.

I don’t know of any real evidence that a) is not true EXCEPT for Taylor – his injury does have an ominous ring to it. From last night’s game there is some reason for optimism about b) – perhaps PG will be the big difference? and again last night it sounded like the players gave it a good go so it would suggest that c) is not an issue (at least not now). OK – so one swallow doesn’t make a summer and a wise man might want a bit more evidence of a corner being turned – but then the price will shorten and for greedy Green tints like me who did this last year :cool: - I think I can spare £20 now in the (not unreasonable) hope of subsidising my holiday budget next summer :thumbup:

Jan 6, 2004
on strength of yesterdays performance have put a £100 on top half at 17/1. Will probably lose it but those odds are extremely good imo

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’ve just had a bit of the top half for 16-1.

I’m confident we’ll not get relegated, and if we win on Sat who knows it could be the start of our season..

Sep 28, 2003
Various bets placed this morning!
League one title at 2000 /1 had to be worth a wild fling!
Tonight it's dropped to 1000/1 .
Miracles do happen!!!

Apr 6, 2009
made £10 betting on an argyle win and both teams to score yesterday so I'll put that on 200-1 top 6!

Mar 14, 2009
I think we got to be realistic.

Argyle have issues defensively that just isn’t a personal issue. Again yesterday the goal came from huge gaps between the right full back and the centre half. It’s a system issue we have seen for the past seasons.

We may get better as the season progresses but decent teams will exploit our system vulnerability. I can understand a punt for top half of the table.

Honestly, top 6?....l really think we are in a battle just to survive as apart from a Scunthorpe some of the other teams above us have still have a nice cushion between them and us.

Metal_Green_Mickey":3cuzjbgc said:
I think we got to be realistic.

Argyle have issues defensively that just isn’t a personal issue. Again yesterday the goal came from huge gaps between the right full back and the centre half. It’s a system issue we have seen for the past seasons.

We may get better as the season progresses but decent teams will exploit our system vulnerability. I can understand a punt for top half of the table.

Honestly, top 6?....l really think we are in a battle just to survive as apart from a Scunthorpe some of the other teams above us have still have a nice cushion between them and us.

Generally agree with this. Thank heavens we’ve moved into a position where we might climb out of the bottom four, but looking up the table it’s a tough ask. The current form table has Coventry and Accrington as the most vulnerable, but with 29 points each they have a cushion to turn their form around. The same form guide shows us as lower mid table over the last six games. I think a lot will depend on those January replacements to key defensive positions. Absolutely no chance of a run like last year imo.