How Long Til We're 500-1 For The Playoffs This Season | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How Long Til We're 500-1 For The Playoffs This Season

Sep 6, 2006
One win with a ridiculous goal and some people are betting on the play offs and even promotion. Hilarious. A fool and his money.....

Sep 6, 2006
mervyn":1g4qop51 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1g4qop51 said:
I think we got to be realistic.

Argyle have issues defensively that just isn’t a personal issue. Again yesterday the goal came from huge gaps between the right full back and the centre half. It’s a system issue we have seen for the past seasons.

We may get better as the season progresses but decent teams will exploit our system vulnerability. I can understand a punt for top half of the table.

Honestly, top 6?....l really think we are in a battle just to survive as apart from a Scunthorpe some of the other teams above us have still have a nice cushion between them and us.

Generally agree with this. Thank heavens we’ve moved into a position where we might climb out of the bottom four, but looking up the table it’s a tough ask. The current form table has Coventry and Accrington as the most vulnerable, but with 29 points each they have a cushion to turn their form around. The same form guide shows us as lower mid table over the last six games. I think a lot will depend on those January replacements to key defensive positions. Absolutely no chance of a run like last year imo.

Looks like Bradford are turning it around also.So hopefully Wombles Rovers plus 2.

Jul 12, 2016
Don't waste your money on a top 6 finish. It is highly unlikely that we will have another "purple patch" and looking at it realistically we are more likely to finish in the bottom 6 than top.

Jan 6, 2004
People seeem to misunderstand gambling on long odds - people do not bet on long odds because they think they are going to happen, they bet because they consider it more likely to happen than the odds suggests I don’t think we will finish top half but is far more likely than 16-1 imo so worth’s bet

Aug 4, 2011
Green_Flash":1rzvl8jz said:
People seeem to misunderstand gambling on long odds - people do not bet on long odds because they think they are going to happen, they bet because they consider it more likely to happen than the odds suggests I don’t think we will finish top half but is far more likely than 16-1 imo so worth’s bet
It’s called value betting. The conversion of odds to a Percentage being greater than the actual chance of the event happening. The only way to make money from gambling is by betting at value on a consistent basis

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
What's the odds for 20th ?

For me that's the most realistic goal at this stage and if offered it now I would snatch your arm off.

Top half finish let alone top 6 lol is total balony but feel free to waste all your hard earned

football-bet-data":1atzfdad said:
Green_Flash":1atzfdad said:
It’s called value betting. The conversion of odds to a Percentage being greater than the actual chance of the event happening. The only way to make money from gambling is by betting at value on a consistent basis

At my son-in-law’s I read a brilliant book called ‘black swan’, by a Lebanese writer whose name escapes me who covers all this. Worth a read if you’re a regular gambler or investor.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
samjones":1321qigz said:

For me that's the most realistic goal at this stage and if offered it now I would snatch your arm off.

Top half finish let alone top 6 lol is total balony but feel free to waste all your hard earned
You're changing your tune - What happened to #RELEGATIONISNAILEDON?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Keepitgreen":ypuxmnup said:
samjones":ypuxmnup said:

You're changing your tune - What happened to #RELEGATIONISNAILEDON?

No change of tune - I said that's "the goal" as in that's what we should be aiming to achieve and IF we were successful, BIG IF I would be #DELIGHTED@20th

Talk of top 6, top half even is total fantasy island

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
This is the poorest Argyle team I have seen but had £20 on Sky bet to finish top half.

A

andyr1963

Don't think Argyle will get to the Top Half?
Then how about Freddie being top scorer 15 / 1 at quite a few bookies Each way is the value IMO
Currently joint 4th 3 goals behind top playing for a team currently in a relegation spot. :thumbs:
:scarf:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
dunlop":4mvtrcvv said:
This is the poorest Argyle team I have seen but had £20 on Sky bet to finish top half.
That's my shout too.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
samjones":3sq4unrq said:

7/5 to avoid relegation.

Jul 3, 2013
football-bet-data":1x32q3v3 said:
Green_Flash":1x32q3v3 said:

Arbitrage my friend, the real winner. Crypto and exchanges are good passive income earners but sports Arbs are good at times providing you can stay under the radar.