How Long Til We're 500-1 For The Playoffs This Season | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How Long Til We're 500-1 For The Playoffs This Season

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The-Pilgrim":3ln2h8lf said:
samjones":3ln2h8lf said:
What's the odds for 20th ?

For me that's the most realistic goal at this stage and if offered it now I would snatch your arm off.

Top half finish let alone top 6 lol is total balony but feel free to waste all your hard earned

7/5 to avoid relegation.

NOT a betting man so is that good or bad ?

Sounds to me they think we are going down

What 4 teams are odds on to get relegated

Aug 4, 2011
Stiffler":315thf9a said:
football-bet-data":315thf9a said:
Green_Flash":315thf9a said:
People seeem to misunderstand gambling on long odds - people do not bet on long odds because they think they are going to happen, they bet because they consider it more likely to happen than the odds suggests I don’t think we will finish top half but is far more likely than 16-1 imo so worth’s bet
It’s called value betting. The conversion of odds to a Percentage being greater than the actual chance of the event happening. The only way to make money from gambling is by betting at value on a consistent basis

Arbitrage my friend, the real winner. Crypto and exchanges are good passive income earners but sports Arbs are good at times providing you can stay under the radar.
Nearly impossible nowadays. You’ll be gubbed within days. Using the exchanges is an option, but factor in commission and the risk of price movements it’ll be very hard to eek out any sort of long term profits

Jul 3, 2013
football-bet-data":1rwovp4n said:
Stiffler":1rwovp4n said:
football-bet-data":1rwovp4n said:
Green_Flash":1rwovp4n said:
People seeem to misunderstand gambling on long odds - people do not bet on long odds because they think they are going to happen, they bet because they consider it more likely to happen than the odds suggests I don’t think we will finish top half but is far more likely than 16-1 imo so worth’s bet
It’s called value betting. The conversion of odds to a Percentage being greater than the actual chance of the event happening. The only way to make money from gambling is by betting at value on a consistent basis

Arbitrage my friend, the real winner. Crypto and exchanges are good passive income earners but sports Arbs are good at times providing you can stay under the radar.
Nearly impossible nowadays. You’ll be gubbed within days. Using the exchanges is an option, but factor in commission and the risk of price movements it’ll be very hard to eek out any sort of long term profits

Bookies on the highstreet have more than enough price boosts to make a a bit but you just cant get greedy or you will be gubbed as you say. As for the latter part of your answer and of course taking into account your knoweledge, you will be aware that decent money is made through Arb software/bots. You can also add spread free spreadbetting into the mix as a winner.

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
Stiffler":32cl2uq5 said:
football-bet-data":32cl2uq5 said:
Stiffler":32cl2uq5 said:
football-bet-data":32cl2uq5 said:
Green_Flash":32cl2uq5 said:

Bookies on the highstreet have more than enough price boosts to make a a bit but you just cant get greedy or you will be gubbed as you say. As for the latter part of your answer and of course taking into account your knoweledge, you will be aware that decent money is made through Arb software/bots. You can also add spread free spreadbetting into the mix as a winner.

Think I must have pressed something by accident.

Can someone explain how I can get PASOTI back into English please?

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
samjones":2xjieyrg said:
The-Pilgrim":2xjieyrg said:
samjones":2xjieyrg said:

For me that's the most realistic goal at this stage and if offered it now I would snatch your arm off.

Top half finish let alone top 6 lol is total balony but feel free to waste all your hard earned

7/5 to avoid relegation.

We are odds on to be relegated at odds of 1/2, along with Bradford 1/3, Wimbledon 4/7, Rovers 5/6 and Scunthorpe 10/11 so as far as the bookies seem to thing, its 4 of those 5.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
The-Pilgrim":1g7j3i3v said:
samjones":1g7j3i3v said:
The-Pilgrim":1g7j3i3v said:
samjones":1g7j3i3v said:

7/5 to avoid relegation.

We are odds on to be relegated at odds of 1/2, along with Bradford 1/3, Wimbledon 4/7, Rovers 5/6 and Scunthorpe 10/11 so as far as the bookies seem to thing, its 4 of those 5.

That surprises me. We've all got our own thoughts on whether we'll go down this year, but you'd think the bookies would have noted from last year how our Argyle's fortunes can change so suddenly.

Sep 6, 2006
landons forehead":c8xqrbi1 said:
The-Pilgrim":c8xqrbi1 said:
samjones":c8xqrbi1 said:
The-Pilgrim":c8xqrbi1 said:
samjones":c8xqrbi1 said:

7/5 to avoid relegation.

That surprises me. We've all got our own thoughts on whether we'll go down this year, but you'd think the bookies would have noted from last year how our Argyle's fortunes can change so suddenly.

Why would last season come into it? Quite a different team.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
landons forehead":3d7cfdpl said:
The-Pilgrim":3d7cfdpl said:
samjones":3d7cfdpl said:
The-Pilgrim":3d7cfdpl said:
samjones":3d7cfdpl said:

7/5 to avoid relegation.

To me Wimbledon are certain for relegation..

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
JannerinCardiff":3phxk1e2 said:
landons forehead":3phxk1e2 said:
The-Pilgrim":3phxk1e2 said:
samjones":3phxk1e2 said:
The-Pilgrim":3phxk1e2 said:
samjones":3phxk1e2 said:

7/5 to avoid relegation.

To me Wimbledon are certain for relegation..

Hence why we MUST BEAT them in the upcoming game.

In fact 7 pts min from next 4 games are required IMHO

Dunkeld Green

✅ Evergreen
Jan 4, 2006
Inver, Dunkeld
Last night we were 1000-1 for a top 6 position, I in a moment of madness put ÂŁ15 on us to make it. Well I have never seen any teams odds drop by 750-1 over 1 match as we are now 250-1 to make it and ÂŁ41 up on a cashout. Call me stupid call me mad but should I wait for the next couple of home matches as these should be winnable games.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
Got 28-1 on a top half finnish last week, have dropped to 14-1 after today , still a reasonable bet I should think as we are not that many points from 12th place. :)

Aug 4, 2011
Pastybasher":2j6mp6gc said:
Last night we were 1000-1 for a top 6 position, I in a moment of madness put ÂŁ15 on us to make it. Well I have never seen any teams odds drop by 750-1 over 1 match as we are now 250-1 to make it and ÂŁ41 up on a cashout. Call me stupid call me mad but should I wait for the next couple of home matches as these should be winnable games.
What do you mean should you wait? Ignore any cash outs, they play only into the bookies hands long term.
Presumably you had £15 available to loose and your bet was an end of season, long term investment. If you wanted a quick few quid you’d have been better off just placing your £15 on Argyle to beat Southend.