How much longer.. | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How much longer..

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Charles.plym":ytn533hf said:
We must never ever let another manager become this arrogant and untouchable again. Nobody is bigger than the club.

Lol. Bit of a strong accusation that. DA is not that arrogant. All managers need a certain amount of arrogance but to meet him and speak to him? No.
Shez was arrogant and aloof and DA is nothing like that. Don't mistake arrogance for stubborness.
You're right, no one is bigger than the club. He is not. Nor are the board or the players.

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
That's me for a bit....season ticket can do the rounds if anyone wants to use it. Taking a break....be watching local stuff for a bit. Just can't take anymore.....if I keep going it will end in hating him

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
You can all keep dreaming, he’s going know where. That five year contract will come back to haunt us, as we can’t afford to fire him.

He’ll be allowed a free relegation and another go at bringing us back up again. The cost of sacking him and getting someone else is, quiet possibly more expensive than relegation.

Today hurt, ALOT. I hope Adams felt that for the fans on the way down the tunnel. Sadly people still clapped like seals.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
That’s contract won’t be without clauses.

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Forget the stand pay him off. I can see the grandstand being the best in league 2 or the national league if Adams is aloud to carry on. How many years I have listened about the grandstand being built Tommy Tynan was gracing the green grass at Home Park and it's still there.

Aug 12, 2018
5 year.contract ....wtf gives a football manager a 5 year contract .... I see Gary Johnson turned it round for Torquay today at halfvtime sfter being 2-0 to the top team..How the hell did we not approach GJ when the writing was on the wall ? Torquay get forrmer Bristol City manager and someone who took little Yeovil to the Championship !

We get a dour Scot from someone called ross county. Are we saying that Torquay are a better run club ?

Aug 4, 2011
Gary Johnson? Now that is clutching at straws. Cheltenham couldn’t buy a win and sacked him. He would not be the answer

C

Charles Plym

football-bet-data":1h144841 said:
Gary Johnson? Now that is clutching at straws. Cheltenham couldn’t buy a win and sacked him. He would not be the answer
No,
But he goes to prove that different tactics and motivation can make useless players improve.

Sep 28, 2003
London
One win in 16 feels bad and I think 99% of managers would have gone now, and possibly rightly so.

However the fanbase might or might not feel though - and it's worth noting that Adams was still having his name chanted at Charlton last week- the manager isn't going anywhere, we can't afford to get rid of him. He's signed a load of rubbish, our squad is gigantic and lacking any quality - it's worrying.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":3axo7a1t said:
Gary Johnson??? :funny: :facepalm:

Laugh as much as you like but I've just watched his team serve up the most entertaining afternoon of football I've seen this season.
I know I know I'm a traitor blah blah but I'm bloody glad I went this afternoon, I'd forgotten what it's like to enjoy a game of football and not feel robbed of my entrance fee.

Mar 14, 2009
up_the_line":2zyplffn said:
IJN":2zyplffn said:

Laugh as much as you like but I've just watched his team serve up the most entertaining afternoon of football I've seen this season.
I know I know I'm a traitor blah blah but I'm bloody glad I went this afternoon, I'd forgotten what it's like to enjoy a game of football and not feel robbed of my entrance fee.

Sorry UTL, if Argyle we’re away that would make some sense. However, you choose them over your own team.

Despite how poor we are, l would never abandon my team. That’s where you “support” them.

How can you ever say this team doesn’t have any backbone when you give up on them so easily, even if we know the likelihood is a relegation dogfight.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Metal_Green_Mickey":252nxmxr said:
up_the_line":252nxmxr said:
IJN":252nxmxr said:

Sorry UTL, if Argyle we’re away that would make some sense. However, you choose them over your own team.

Despite how poor we are, l would never abandon my team. That’s where you “support” them.

How can you ever say this team doesn’t have any backbone when you give up on them so easily, even if we know the likelihood is a relegation dogfight.

Whatever.
I just can't bear Adams. His football or his stupid post match comments. The Kevin Hodges era was more enjoyable even though we were lower. I worked hard this week and I wanted to enjoy my Saturday afternoon of football. Maybe somewhere else next weekend. I love watching football but comes a point where it doesn't make sense to depress yourself even more. I can't watch Argyle under Adams BECAUSE I love them the way I do.
I know I'd have been one of those wound up people throwing abuse at Adams at the end, and really, is that how to enjoy a Saturday afternoon? Shouting abuse at Adams won't make him leave the club, falling gates might. I applaud those who can still put themselves through it