How much longer.. | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How much longer..

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That’s what it is... short-sightedness, and short memories. Angry people lashing out for scapegoats. I disagree with but understand criticism of his style, but to label him inept is plain wrong given his record.

Also, we’re 17% of the way through the season, and a huge four points adrift of safety... We’re doing really, really badly and DA needs to improve both his and the team’s performance but we’re not going to go down.

Things change very quickly in football. We’re clearly in a trough, but there will be peaks to come in the next 38 games.

Mar 8, 2016
Pettgreen":bpyo77dw said:
I personally think that if we go down then Adams will still be here to bring us back up. The club are operating on a long term horizon and feel that Adams is the man to put that into place. Thus the contract. All this talk of the incoming new majority share holder being, possibly, more trigger happy and would be willing to pay off his contract is tosh. The board as an entity decided on the contract and not just JB on his own.
Some of the bilge i've read on this thread and every thread when we lose a game is laughable. Yes our football is dire and yes we ain't won yet but sometimes the shortsightedness and fan demands are simply pathetic.
Do you really think that DA hates Plymouth and the area? The man that signed a 5 year deal to stay in the area? Live and breathe the rarefied Plymothian air? Again, laughable statement.
Have a look at the Burnley model with Dyche in charge. Stable club, living within its means, overachieved last season, might go down this season. Been relegated before. Long term thinking. That is what I believe is what this club is doing.
It's the right thing in my view.

What a load of crap. Argyle Fans wanting The club being competitive in league one isn’t being demanding or shortsighted. If you’re happy to be a club like Exeter that goes between the bottom two divisions then fair enough but don’t critisise fans for wanting a bit more success than your pathetic ambitions. Using Burnley as an example is ridiculous as well, they have been successful in the prem, the most competitive league there probably is, we are league ones whipping boys, there’s no comparison. You crack on with your long term thinking of being league two again. Unbelievable. If we go down then Adams should pay the price in failing at his job. It’s that simple.

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
Not happy at all can't remember such a tired uninspired and lack luster set of games in my 45 plus years of watching Argyle. Whilst I believe in continuity....it applies equally to the team as the manager...in my opinion it comes from allowing your best players to walk...sonny and Oscar should have been offered much improved contracts even if that meant trimming squad players we have no intention of using.....I also believe that Zak Vyner made a massive difference to the team. Yes Im a season ticket holder but Im not sure how much longer I can spoil my weekends watching this dross. Adams sort it and quickly as im losing the will to live.....one thing that certainly is not helping the players is the missing stand....no atomosphere at all....you need that when chips are down

Feb 28, 2016
Ollieargyle9":33loe876 said:
MarkMatthews":33loe876 said:
Steve Evans":33loe876 said:
rsp4":33loe876 said:
Tugboat":33loe876 said:
Half a season?

A full season?

A free run?

Pretty dire for a good 15 games now. Not just poor, dire.

Totally agree. This is not just a bad startto the season. We were exceptional for 3 months from Jan to Mar 18. The rest have been pure dross in lg1. I really want DA out but he wont go. Hope he has another exceptional 3 months sometime this season
who would you replace him with please?

There plenty of experienced lower league managers out there not currently employed. Stan Ternent, Lennie Lawrence, John Gregory,(if can be tempted away from India) Bobby Saxton, Frank Burrows, even Joe Kinnear (at least he has earned a right to be arrogant and managed at Premier League level.) would all be on my shortlist.

:lol: Who?

I've had to Google these blokes just to find out who the hell they are. They're all 70+ and haven't managed a club in my football supporting lifetime. The game has changed massively in the past 5 years let alone the 15-20 these blokes have spent out of the game, you're taking the mick surely?

Adams ain't getting the sack so nobody need worry.

Frankly I find it hard to believe you. I was born in 1989, so 11 years after Lawrence managed us, 10 years after Saxton and one year before Gregory, yet I’ve heard of/ am very well aware, them all.(not to mention Kinnears infamy!) I will give you not knowing Burrows, but Ternent was interviewd as recently as 2010. How ignorant to our history do you have to be as an Argyle fan to never have heard of; Lawrence, Saxton, Gregory and Kinnear?!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I've certainly heard of them, but you made the point in your post. Lawrence managed Argyle 40 (forty!) years ago, Saxton was 37 years ago. They'd probably be rubbing their eyes in disbelief themselves if they were asked to manage Argyle, let alone the health and stress issues at that age.

Which current coach do you like the look of, Mark? I assume you'd baulk at the idea of a foreign manager? Personally that's where I'd go if/when Adams leaves, as even the majority of modern British coaches are outclassed by their continental and South American counterparts.

And with your views on youth development, there is a very strong argument that Mauricio Pochettino has done the most for young English players at the top level in the last decade.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pettgreen":3u5w817x said:
I personally think that if we go down then Adams will still be here to bring us back up. The club are operating on a long term horizon and feel that Adams is the man to put that into place. Thus the contract. All this talk of the incoming new majority share holder being, possibly, more trigger happy and would be willing to pay off his contract is tosh. The board as an entity decided on the contract and not just JB on his own.
Some of the bilge i've read on this thread and every thread when we lose a game is laughable. Yes our football is dire and yes we ain't won yet but sometimes the shortsightedness and fan demands are simply pathetic.
Do you really think that DA hates Plymouth and the area? The man that signed a 5 year deal to stay in the area? Live and breathe the rarefied Plymothian air? Again, laughable statement.
Have a look at the Burnley model with Dyche in charge. Stable club, living within its means, overachieved last season, might go down this season. Been relegated before. Long term thinking. That is what I believe is what this club is doing.

I'm not in the Adams out camp at the moment, but I find it incredible that you think he should stay even if we go down, we finished 7th last season, getting relegated this season would be a mammoth failure and definitely worthy of a dismissal.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge":1f18fzhb said:
Pettgreen":1f18fzhb said:

I'm not in the Adams out camp at the moment, but I find it incredible that you think he should stay even if we go down, we finished 7th last season, getting relegated this season would be a mammoth failure and definitely worthy of a dismissal.

If we went down and didn't replace him then I might well consider waiting on a new ST until he does go. Not a great way to fill a new stand is it?
It is still just a game, a spectator sport, I'm supposed to enjoy it FFS!! :facepalm:
Mrs Pogle (not an expert btw) just couldn't watch Sheridan's team play any longer, told me not to renew her's not been since.
She loved Hollowords cos they attacked and he spoke her language (She is a Baaaaath girl)

Nobody really minds us losing but we have to lose in a manner suggesting that, on another day, we might have won. Derek saw it that way on Saturday, I disagree.

Jul 12, 2016
Feeling much the same. Not enjoying watching Argyle under DA. Questionable whether I would renew my ST again. First time for a very long time that I have seriously considered this option.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I want him out.

There i said it.

May 16, 2016
I buy 2 STs each Season and spend chunks of it away missing games I've paid for. I'm seriously beginning to reconsider my options for the future. Its been a slow decaying of my interest and the belief he'll turn it around again.