How much longer.. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How much longer..

Feb 28, 2016
Steve Evans":3nevgxfm said:
rsp4":3nevgxfm said:
Tugboat":3nevgxfm said:
Half a season?

A full season?

A free run?

Pretty dire for a good 15 games now. Not just poor, dire.

Totally agree. This is not just a bad startto the season. We were exceptional for 3 months from Jan to Mar 18. The rest have been pure dross in lg1. I really want DA out but he wont go. Hope he has another exceptional 3 months sometime this season
who would you replace him with please?

There plenty of experienced lower league managers out there not currently employed. Stan Ternent, Lennie Lawrence, John Gregory,(if can be tempted away from India) Bobby Saxton, Frank Burrows, even Joe Kinnear (at least he has earned a right to be arrogant and managed at Premier League level.) would all be on my shortlist.

Mar 14, 2009
MarkMatthews":2vlzd7xo said:
Steve Evans":2vlzd7xo said:
rsp4":2vlzd7xo said:
Tugboat":2vlzd7xo said:
Half a season?

A full season?

A free run?

Totally agree. This is not just a bad startto the season. We were exceptional for 3 months from Jan to Mar 18. The rest have been pure dross in lg1. I really want DA out but he wont go. Hope he has another exceptional 3 months sometime this season

There plenty of experienced lower league managers out there not currently employed. Stan Ternent, Lennie Lawrence, John Gregory,(if can be tempted away from India) Bobby Saxton, Frank Burrows, even Joe Kinnear (at least he has earned a right to be arrogant and managed at Premier League level.) would all be on my shortlist.

Your pulling peopleā€™s leg with that list, arenā€™t you?

I kept saying to myself someone wouldnā€™t pick managers where some havenā€™t been in jobs for donkeys years.....

If you are serious than l may well think social media isnā€™t good for my health.

Feb 2, 2007
Appleton took an ailing Oxford L2 side who had become one dimensional and predictable under Chris Wilder to a ridiculously strong level in 2 years. Producing talent that would sell for Ā£5M plus. He played youngsters, coached brilliantly, attacking football and consistently smashed and belittled the Swindon rivals. Sadly He went to Leicester as Asst Mgr but was let go when Craig Shakespeare was ousted. Otherwise Oxford would be in Championship now. He will more than likely get a top L1 or lower end Championship job soon.

So that rules us out.

Oct 31, 2015
Steve Evans":iko8cjmy said:
up_the_line":iko8cjmy said:
Steve Evans":iko8cjmy said:
Green_Matt":iko8cjmy said:
Why do people ask that question? Completely pointless.
how is it a pointless question?

Presumably when Sheridan left you went into a blind panic since you seem to believe that there are literally no other managers either currently employed or not employed across the entirety of the globe who would apply for the job?[/quote]
when sheridan left i organised a street party and an open top bus.who would you bring in of the current unemployed managers available?[/quote]

Ok to answer your question steve.

I dont know because I dont know who would apply.

Its no secret that I have never enjoyed Adams tacticts or style. The play off final was awful and our promotion season finished with a flop. Yes I enjoyed the attacking football from Jan thru March this year but that obviously was a one off and I believe DA lucked upon the formula out of desperation with 1st signing Toums then more importantly putting Lamerias and Carey on together.

To name some managers who have done wonders with small budgets

Bentley
Ainsworth
Tis
Way
Appleton

All in jobs but suspect there are others. Blimey even Evans won me over at the Posh game.

Not a stupid question but not really one I can answer. All I know is DA us not for me.

Only my opinion :)

Jan 27, 2012
Iā€™ve said this before (as have others) but why not revert to last seasonā€™s players and formation? It would just involve changing two outfield players .. one centre back and the right back. Those are the only changes necessary to start with the team that did so well last season. Have faith in them Adams.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Whoever it is, has to be someone who will live in and appreciate the south west. Sheridan didnā€™t and never really cared for the fans. DA just has no appreciation. of or empathy with the fans. Darren way shows promise. Yeovil are unrecognisable from last season and their budget is tiny.

Stevie Wotsa

āœ… Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Metal_Green_Mickey":1o8vr7wy said:
Army green":1o8vr7wy said:
Tony_Flags":1o8vr7wy said:
There is no point having this debate. We all know Adams is going nowhere; he is safe as any manger in this league and that is half the problem. The club have neither the guts or the money to sack him; I honestly think we could end the season with 6 points and heā€™d be here.

This time last season we had polls, ranting and goodness what else.

I am not saying I want him gone or otherwise, my point is we might as well talk about something else.

I donā€™t think heā€™s as safe as people think. The board will give him the chance he deserves to turn it around but If the board feel weā€™re still heading in the wrong direction I have faith they will pull the plug. Weā€™re not quite there yet but itā€™s not looking good.

And who is going to pay up his 5 year contract? Or the two first team coaches new two year deals?

We are stuck with them, for better or worse.

To be honest that's not a valid excuse, There are teams with far less going for them in the football world then ourselves. In other words we get excellent home gates for league 1 were not exactly accrington stanley or fleetwood, Although sometimes i wish we were.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
As others have said DA got really desperate last year and fortunately stumbled on the TLC format aided by some great loanees

The summer recruitment has been woeful. All rejects that are slow and one dimensional with exception of Ladapo and ASB.

We are considerably weaker than last year and the defence as a unit is non league standard IMHO
We are so wide open at the back it's embarrassing.
Teams can easily hit us on the counter because we have no pace.

Our talisman Carey is out of form and clearly getting frustrated playing in such a poor team who can't keep a clean sheet at the same time as not being able to hit a barn door.

The question I have is will DA be sacked before Carey leaves in January ?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
The club is too skint to A.) Sack Adams and B.) Make any exciting signings to have us challenging at the top half of this league (like we should be). That wonā€™t change so weā€™ll be stuck with this dross all season.

max

Jan 5, 2012
PORTSMOUTH
samjones":2geghv1u said:
As others have said DA got really desperate last year and fortunately stumbled on the TLC format aided by some great loanees

The summer recruitment has been woeful. All rejects that are slow and one dimensional with exception of Ladapo and ASB.

We are considerably weaker than last year and the defence as a unit is non league standard IMHO
We are so wide open at the back it's embarrassing.
Teams can easily hit us on the counter because we have no pace.

Our talisman Carey is out of form and clearly getting frustrated playing in such a poor team who can't keep a clean sheet at the same time as not being able to hit a barn door.

The question I have is will DA be sacked before Carey leaves in January ?

Where's Carey going? Removed by Site Admin - Not on this site.

Feb 28, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":o915hq8g said:
MarkMatthews":o915hq8g said:
Steve Evans":o915hq8g said:
rsp4":o915hq8g said:
Tugboat":o915hq8g said:
Half a season?

A full season?

A free run?

Your pulling peopleā€™s leg with that list, arenā€™t you?

I kept saying to myself someone wouldnā€™t pick managers where some havenā€™t been in jobs for donkeys years.....

If you are serious than l may well think social media isnā€™t good for my health.

No Iā€™m being serious, said the same last season and now Adams has made his feelings clear about Plymothians, more than ever I want to see someone who has; experience, contacts, an affection for the club, people and area. Saxton, Lawrence and Gregory all have that, the latter two along with Ternent have applied for the job numerous times, so clearly want it. Eventually in a couple of seasons time they could ā€œmove upstairsā€ and help guide Wotton or Nancekivell.

Aug 13, 2011
This is so embarrassing. We have been tipped for promotion and we are bottom. No wins. Sorry. Embarassing.

H

home@homepark

Steve Hiscott":37rfb0fq said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":37rfb0fq said:
Army green":37rfb0fq said:
Tony_Flags":37rfb0fq said:
There is no point having this debate. We all know Adams is going nowhere; he is safe as any manger in this league and that is half the problem. The club have neither the guts or the money to sack him; I honestly think we could end the season with 6 points and heā€™d be here.

I am not saying I want him gone or otherwise, my point is we might as well talk about something else.

I donā€™t think heā€™s as safe as people think. The board will give him the chance he deserves to turn it around but If the board feel weā€™re still heading in the wrong direction I have faith they will pull the plug. Weā€™re not quite there yet but itā€™s not looking good.

And who is going to pay up his 5 year contract? Or the two first team coaches new two year deals?

To be honest that's not a valid excuse, There are teams with far less going for them in the football world then ourselves. In other words we get excellent home gates for league 1 were not exactly accrington stanley or fleetwood, Although sometimes i wish we were.
Sadly its not about a fan base no more, its have you got a sugar daddy chairman/investors putting the money in to the club an example being Fleetwood as you mentioned and even Bournemouth in the premiership with a stadia of what ???? 12000-15000 tops

Mar 8, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":15krn5pj said:
Army green":15krn5pj said:
Tony_Flags":15krn5pj said:

Iā€™m half tempted to sell my house, car and everything I own to pay them off to be honest. Fed up.