I knew I knew that name before - Stuart James "Herald" | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I knew I knew that name before - Stuart James "Herald"

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We’ve now removed the Herald link from this site.

Just a token gesture but if it annoys one person at the Herald it will have been worth it.

If you’re on Twitter it might be worth letting @StuartJamesWMN what you think of his antics. We’ll Meet Again eh??

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
IJN":2yptho1w said:
We’ve now removed the Herald link from this site.

Just a token gesture but if it annoys one person at the Herald it will have been worth it.

If you’re on Twitter it might be worth letting @StuartJamesWMN what you think of his antics. We’ll Meet Again eh??

Let's not get too cocky in case we bypass each other on the way down! A distinct possibility.

Jun 2, 2016
Do you think he's making up his own rules at work ? Having a pop at Argyle just because he likes it ?
His management will be signing this off, based on their criteria (get people clicking by posting articles they want to see). However he achieves that is fair enough for them.
Yes it's annoying he's an ECFC supporter, but don't think the coverage would be much different is he was a Villa, Newport or Argyle supporter.....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’ll get as cocky as I want Stu. Class is permanent form is temporary.

The history books says it all.

Tiny club, always will be.

We might not be Man City, but we’ll always be the biggest fish in this particular pond.

Mind you with some of the surrender monkey comments witnessed recently, you never know.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
the_corkscrew":n0aw82y7 said:
Do you think he's making up his own rules at work ? Having a pop at Argyle just because he likes it ?
His management will be signing this off, based on their criteria (get people clicking by posting articles they want to see). However he achieves that is fair enough for them.
Yes it's annoying he's an ECFC supporter, but don't think the coverage would be much different is he was a Villa, Newport or Argyle supporter.....

He’s a troll, nothing more!

Aug 5, 2015
I too have always found the Herald to be a useful source of local news. Now we know why their Argyle “stories” are so crap. Personally I’ll never read it again whilst this mam is on the staff and I applaud the action taken by Pasoti.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The herald is utter poo and has been for years.

It’s a click bait driven entity fuelled by city drivel in order for it to be somehow classed as a ‘local’ paper.

Targets and clicks are the driving force behind it and it’s dire.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I stopped reading the herald/visiting the site ages ago after they posted that really nasty hate article about Kelvin Mellor. Doesn't sound like the muppets have improved.

May 4, 2015
thought this was common knowledge? He was "outed" on the facebook groups when his profile he was posting herald links from wasn't so private so it didn't take Sherlock Holmes to out him as a Grecian.

I;ve not been on that site for a good 6 months so this must've been about a year ago at least

Aug 5, 2015
Clearly not everyone knew. Now more do. We can hardly expect the Herald to publish that one of their employees responsible for Argyle related “stories” is in fact a supporter of one of Argyle’s greatest rivals. Therefore a boycott is appropriate and I’m glad that some already do. I think this is actually more important that the club’s recent statement. I expect the Herald will cry press freedom but I’m afraid that doesn’t wash.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Stuart James has now stopped putting his names on the articles but you know it's him because the latest article is negative towards Argyle.

Chris Errington is the only journo worth reading. There used to be 5 journalists covering Argyle, they are now down to 2 plus Stuart James.

Across the whole of Plymouth Live the clickbait shock horror stories will only work for a while before readers get fed up.
It's a catch 22 situation for Plymouth Live.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The website is poor, but we live in a clickbait age where every other local (and lots of national) paper will be doing the same thing. The actual paper itself is still decent and doesn't have any of the misleading headlines, and the Argyle Chat podcast is entertaining and very balanced (both in large part down to Chris Errington). The Plymouth Live app recommended by Ian is much better than the website too.

It's tough, fewer people are buying the physical paper so they have to direct views to the website through sensational headlines to make any money. It's a horrible vicious circle though, and seems like they've gone too far.

You could buy the actual paper and 1) won't have to see all the clickbait stories, and 2) you'll be putting money into the Herald to provide a better quality product and keep people like Chris in a job.

Appreciate that people just aren't likely to do that in 2018, though :sad:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I seldom read the Argyle articles on the Herald these days - the adverts and pop-ups on the site are atrocious.

Even less of a reason to read the pages after this news!

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
PL2 3DQ":3q0ev5ns said:
Stuart James has now stopped putting his names on the articles but you know it's him because the latest article is negative towards Argyle.

Chris Errington is the only journo worth reading. There used to be 5 journalists covering Argyle, they are now down to 2 plus Stuart James.

Across the whole of Plymouth Live the clickbait shock horror stories will only work for a while before readers get fed up.
It's a catch 22 situation for Plymouth Live.

Which recent Stuart James article doesn’t feature his name?