I knew I knew that name before - Stuart James "Herald" | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I knew I knew that name before - Stuart James "Herald"

Sep 30, 2018
How long has Stuart James been writing articles on argyle for the herald, and has he always been unpopular?

May 21, 2015
I'll likely get burnt for this, but I think this witch hunt of Stuart James is at best misguided.
Content on the Herald/Plymouth Live site is at worst clickbait. They are suffering from the decline of print media, which is evident in the sheer volume of adverts on the site alone.
Even if James was a shameless anti-Argyle nonsense spouting Grecian, his opinion still wouldn't matter to me enough to warrant the kind of reaction I've seen on social media.

The joy of the modern age of the internet is that it's so easy to get outraged at something, but at the end of the day it solves nothing and only serves to cultivate further ill-will, which is exactly what I've seen on twitter (which is volatile enough).

We Are Argyle. And I'd expect better from our more high profile fans.

Roast away fellow Greens! :)

Aug 5, 2015
We are all individuals and are free to do what we want. There is no party line or three line whip. Do whatever you want to do just as I will.

May 16, 2016
Whatever the blokes allegiance, he's got people talking abd clicking over nothing of much substance. Well done to him I say, as I believe this is classed as professional journalism these days.

Feb 28, 2016
I don’t specifically remember reading any of his articles but I’m sure I have, I read the Herald every day, and take the Indy on Sundays. I certainly don’t remember anything screaming out that it been written unprofessionally as a wind up.

He is accused of being negative and apparently was last season when he deputised for Errington in October. To be fair, the team weren’t exactly giving him positive news stories during either period were they? He is simply reflecting what was happening. That included a couple of humiliating defeats, confrontation between supporters and management, management branding a minority of supporters ”yobs.” I would be more concerned if the local journos weren’t reporting this stuff. It might upset the, happy clapping, “Adams is the Messiah” brigade but the journalists are only doing their jobs. I also think we will miss them when they are gone, which is why I think removing their link/boycotting them is just churlish.

I remember it used to bother people that Mark Tyler was openly an Exeter fan and Martyn Dean was often accused of it (although I don’t think he publicly ever nailed his colours to the mast.) We all used to laugh at it and say how naff Jeff Welch was, how it was naff everyone else had a proper studio based programme and ours came from a different clubhouse/social club every week but what I would give to have a dedicated sports half hour on local tv again.

Jan 7, 2013
IJN":1vi7w131 said:
I’ll get as cocky as I want Stu. Class is permanent form is temporary.

The history books says it all.

Tiny club, always will be.

We might not be Man City, but we’ll always be the biggest fish in this particular pond.

Mind you with some of the surrender monkey comments witnessed recently, you never know.
Spot on.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Need to also be careful such targeted criticism of a specific individual doesn’t descend, via the uncontrollable beast that is social media, into what amounts to orchestrated harassment.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
MarkMatthews":2s7gpy0c said:
I don’t specifically remember reading any of his articles but I’m sure I have, I read the Herald every day, and take the Indy on Sundays. I certainly don’t remember anything screaming out that it been written unprofessionally as a wind up.

He is accused of being negative and apparently was last season when he deputised for Errington in October. To be fair, the team weren’t exactly giving him positive news stories during either period were they? He is simply reflecting what was happening. That included a couple of humiliating defeats, confrontation between supporters and management, management branding a minority of supporters ”yobs.” I would be more concerned if the local journos weren’t reporting this stuff. It might upset the, happy clapping, “Adams is the Messiah” brigade but the journalists are only doing their jobs. I also think we will miss them when they are gone, which is why I think removing their link/boycotting them is just churlish.

I remember it used to bother people that Mark Tyler was openly an Exeter fan and Martyn Dean was often accused of it (although I don’t think he publicly ever nailed his colours to the mast.) We all used to laugh at it and say how naff Jeff Welch was, how it was naff everyone else had a proper studio based programme and ours came from a different clubhouse/social club every week but what I would give to have a dedicated sports half hour on local tv again.

Ah, we long for the days of Dick Woodacre! He definitely tied his colours to the mast. :D

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stuart House":19c54b3e said:
Need to also be careful such targeted criticism of a specific individual doesn’t descend, via the uncontrollable beast that is social media, into what amounts to orchestrated harassment.

:lol: Made me smile, whilst it's ok for that melt to wind up our fans against The Gaffer Stu?

I do agree though, bullying of any sort on the internet is not on.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
He may be doing that but he'd arguably say he was just doing his job.

My point being is by highlighting his allegiances some may go further than you'd like and over step the mark. Act like 'yobs' and such.

Feb 28, 2016
IJN":1g46rfle said:
Stuart House":1g46rfle said:

:lol: Made me smile, whilst it's ok for that melt to wind up our fans against The Gaffer Stu?

I do agree though, bullying of any sort on the internet is not on.

If “the gaffer” hadn’t called our fans yobs, then the journalist wouldn’t have been able to print it. I don’t see how the journalist can be blamed for Adams’ words.