I knew I knew that name before - Stuart James "Herald" | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I knew I knew that name before - Stuart James "Herald"

May 8, 2011
Really odd how little there has been on the Herald website today about the Scunthorpe match, I don’t think they’ve done an Argyle Chat today, probably just coincidence.

Feb 12, 2017
IJN":20r63kbl said:
SteelCannon":20r63kbl said:
I certainly wasn’t approached as Chair of the Trust about the successful ACV by the Herald, who instead just raked out a 15 year old photo of me.

If the guy is a troll....so what?

Another two reasons why I disliked the Trust.

Agreed you’re no Symons, but the first quote suggests a massive ego and the second suggests that you don’t mind Argyle fans being manipulated in this manner.

Interesting and thank heavens you are no longer the Chairman of the AFT.

This is about Argyle fans not the ‘heirarchy of the club’ which some of you guys seem totally obsessed about. Perhaps if you understood that, the AFT would be better supported.

Firstly, sorry about the late reply as I've been on holiday.

Saying that, I was in two minds about whether or not to reply to this, but since I've received a very public berating I hope you'll allow me chance to respond.

Firstly Ian, there is no ego involved here (you're a fine one to talk about ego by the way). When the challenge when in, ITV contacted us for a response interview, which we accepted. JB was also on ITV that same night on the same piece with his thoughts. Perfect. Just the way it should be. Two sides to every story, right?

The Herald, though, on that occasion, decided to go ahead and use a 12 year old picture of me they'd dug up from somewhere, and slated the challenge using very similar words - almost verbatim in some instances - that were put on various media (including PASOTI, but there were others) to make a 'report'. If they're going to try to quote me, they need to actually speak to me first, and it was entirely clear to me where pretty much all of the wording had come from. I wrote to them asking for chance to respond. NOTHING.

So it was nothing to do with ego - but if you're going to write about something, get BOTH sides first. You said in another thread about Natasha Brent that young people 'challenge' things. I agree. But not good if the Trust challenge something though, eh? You're a very hard man to read, Ian. Your opinions seem to change depending on who is involved.

Secondly, I do not think it's alright to treat fans in a manner you describe - I just think some of you are way more upset over this than you should be. It really isn't that important - but - for once it was nice to see a piece in there that was prompting a bit of debate and not the often sickening one-sided green tinted things you usually get. That's all I was really saying.

I note that you didn't respond to that, where I asked about you only liking the Herald when it's being green tinted, instead choosing to respond the way you did.

And thank heavens I'm no longer Trust Chairman? Christ, I know we didn't see eye to eye over some things Ian, but we'd always been civilized - don't know what I did to pee you off but it must have been something major!

Not interested in a stirring up crap Ian, but your response did addle me a little so I felt I needed to respond. Onwards and upwards from here, hopefully.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Stuart James is at it again today. Basing a headline "Argyle sack Adams in April' on a computer game and writing an article around that headline.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
It was Stuart James who Hallett was furious with about writing the 'Adams - yob' article and Hallett told me he had told Errington about this.

Looks like the bigwigs at the Herald/Plymouth Live don't listen. All about click-bait...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
They really are a bunch of idiots aren't they? Peeing off their own fanbase, for what, A Grecian to get his rocks off?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Could we just not go on the Herald site or buy a Herald until they get rid of the Grecian?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Leon Horn":2ouetlxg said:
It was Stuart James who Hallett was furious with about writing the 'Adams - yob' article and Hallett told me he had told Errington about this.

Looks like the bigwigs at the Herald/Plymouth Live don't listen. All about click-bait...
Did he mention that during the fans forum Leon, or was it in a private conversation with you afterwards?
Still no sign of the YouTube video recording of the evening...yet!

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
PL2 3DQ":2dwb7m56 said:
Stuart James is at it again today. Basing a headline "Argyle sack Adams in April' on a computer game and writing an article around that headline.

I clicked it, I knew it was fake. I feel dirty.

Seriously though - that's some trolling.

Jul 7, 2005
Before the start of LAST season I started a thread about the Herald getting worse when they reported our opening game was against Bristol Rovers when it was actually against Peterborough United.

That was Stuart James.

A troll or not, he's certainly no stranger to incompetence.